VNAO T-45 Goshawk

• 3 weeks later...

Just downloaded - easy, quick and simple. Fired up DCS to give it a quick spin - looks ace, handles a dream, well done VNAO. Ten points for continued support too, it makes a big difference 🙂

However...\DCS\Mods\aircraft\VNAO_T45\Missions\EN does not contain the training mission files which the .lua refers to. Did my download skip a beat, or are training missions no longer included? 

/paging @Rudel_chw... 😉

• Like 1

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

21 hours ago, Tonker said:

Just downloaded - easy, quick and simple. Fired up DCS to give it a quick spin - looks ace, handles a dream, well done VNAO. Ten points for continued support too, it makes a big difference 🙂

However...\DCS\Mods\aircraft\VNAO_T45\Missions\EN does not contain the training mission files which the .lua refers to. Did my download skip a beat, or are training missions no longer included? 

/paging @Rudel_chw... 😉

Hi Tonker,

where is that .lua file you are referring to?

Fresh

Edited by Fresh

@Fresh, the T45 folder structure: ...\VNAO_T45\Missions\EN\QuickStart

That folder contains some .miz mission files and quickstart.lua, which I assume chats to DCS and tells it what mission files to use:

--    {name = _('Cold Start'),file = 'VNAO_T45_COLDSTART.miz',},

--    {name = _('Free Flight'),file = 'VNAO_T45_FREEFLIGHT.miz',},

--    {name = _('Takeoff'),file = 'VNAO_T45_TAKEOFF.miz',},

--    {name = _('Carrier Takeoff'),file = 'VNAO_T45_CARRIER_launch.miz',},

--    {name = _('Case 1 Carrier Landing'),file = 'VNAO_T45_Case_I_Carrier_Landing.miz',},

--    {name = _('ILS Landing'),file = 'VNAO_T45_ILS_LANDING.miz',},

{name = _('T45 Familiarization Day'),file = 'T45_Familiarization_Day.miz',},

{name = _('T45 Familiarization Night'),file = 'T45_Familiarization_Night.miz',}

However, only the familiarization flight .miz files are present. No biggy, just would be useful to know where the discrepancy has crept in.

22 hours ago, Tonker said:

/paging @Rudel_chw... 😉

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ah, those two missions only become visible if you select "Instant Action"..

I'm working of making something for the "Training" and "Mission" section.. (Yes, with Rudel's missions). 😉

Fresh

Screen_240323_124452.jpg

• Like 1

Hi All,

here an update to icons used in DCS for the Goshawk.

Adds 76x76 icon for training and missions folder..

Adds icons for the main screen buttons (bottom row icons).

Enjoy!

Fresh

Put the three .png files in the Theme folder, where you can see the original icon.png file.

Theme.zip

Edited by Fresh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Rudel_chw of course! You're a star.

@Fresh Ah cool, user error is a great solution! Thanks, and for the icons also 🙂 Those little quality-of-life upgrades make a big difference to those crucial first minutes with a new community (or any!) module. Woop woop, *salute*

EDIT: Ah, sorry, having reread the above post and opened up DCS I see wires have got crossed. I could always see the two familiarization flights in Instant Action. What I can't see are the training missions referred to in the .lua but not present in the download. 

Edited by Tonker
  • Like 1

The first 5 missions in the .lua are commented out by the developers.

By "commented out", I mean there are two dashes, which means .lua ignores it, as if it is just comments in the code for the programmers.

So at some point they removed those missions.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Was flying this today in a long range mission i have with nearly all the planes (going to a carrier, refueling, meeting with a tanker, night carrier landing and return to land) and noticed the fuel burn doesnt go down at altitude.. was burning over 2K lb/h at 20.000ish f and climbed to nearly 40 and the fuel flow needle didnt moved a mm....

i guess its this a known issue?

On 2/17/2024 at 4:00 AM, Fresh said:

I've been working on updating some of the scripts in the Goshawk, fixing various stuff:

Can I confirm that the download on page 1, plus this script update, is the latest build? Nothing else in the other 48 pages of the thread?

Edited by ruprecht

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

1 hour ago, ruprecht said:

Can I confirm that the download on page 1, plus this script update, is the latest build? Nothing else in the other 48 pages of the thread?

I think this fix for the suspension may still be relevant too, though it is cosmetic rather than functional:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, andyc said:

are there any other liveries / skins available for it ? ie red arrows ? royal navy / raf etc ?

Yes, of course, I got all of this at User Files:

MbcPTfO.jpg

YufFSLu.jpg

FG1v13T.jpg

BRjLHKN.jpg

2N6L9UJ.jpg

CY7IeZg.jpg

Dont have the links handy, but I found them just using a Site search.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

35 minutes ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

I just found the link for v1.0 on Dropbox - is this still the current version please?

No, the latest version is 1.01

https://www.mediafire.com/file/igxeyo81nx1i01w/VNAO_T45_v1.0.1.zip/file

The user @Fresh has updated several scripts and made them available at VNAO Discord:

"Hello Naval Aviators,

I've been working on updating some of the scripts in the Goshawk, fixing various stuff:

Magnetic variation from the map implemented, TACAN, VOR and Waypoints magnetic bearings now correct.
Switches for the radios now work in the correct direction.
264 MHz and 305 MHz are automatically set on the radios (Bankler's Mission).
COMM1 and COMM2 are automatically audible and on when you have a hot air or ground start.
Parking brakes are set on ground by default.
ADI is on MFDL and HSI is on MFDR by default on a hot start.
Antiskid is on by default for a hot start.
ILS is on and tuned to 110.30 Batumi ILS.
TACAN is on and tuned to 72X.
Data Page on either MFD is cleaned up and shows magnetic variation and QFF from the map.
CDI for TACAN and VOR now show correctly when using the reciprocal course.
Altimeter starts at the correct setting, within the limits of the Kollsman window.
Wind displayed on the HSI is now in the correct direction (was 180° off)
Added a temperature error to the altitude based on QFF and sea level temperature

All these changes are in the Scripts folder which I have attached below. Please read the readme.txt file to know where to install (replace the original).

Feedback and info about any new bugs introduced by my tinkering very welcome.

Fresh"

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1063994944290824242/1208867842771128320/2024-FEB-18_Scripts_Update.zip?ex=662eace9&is=661c37e9&hm=17538df132b5f0c3ea8c9e549815ddb567306efb969f9249eddf9978aec02491&

The same user also updated the aircraft Theme:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1063994944290824242/1221060455804440606/Theme.zip?ex=66361e2a&is=6623a92a&hm=abfdde8a914d99eff4694ebb21b627b83da6ba013a8486f56a906aa92652ae3d&

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Fresh do we still need to download the suspension fix or has this been incorporated into the latest download ? would be good if the 1st page on this thread could be updated with all relevant bits people could download, ie your updates, the smoke script and suspension if still needed ? Loving this and the red arrows skin is awesome !

• Like 1

@Fresh do we still need to download the suspension fix or has this been incorporated into the latest download ? would be good if the 1st page on this thread could be updated with all relevant bits people could download, ie your updates, the smoke script and suspension if still needed ? Loving this and the red arrows skin is awesome !
You might need to ask OP about that.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

@andyc  Hi, I am just a normal user like you guys, just happen to spend time looking at the scripts and making changes for myself, later got the approval of Max to publish them. I've got another update coming, based on feedback from an irl Goshawk instructor. (Just switch positions for the cold start etc.)

Regarding the suspension script changes, I haven't used it, and my scripts didn't incorporate it, basically because I don't understand the changes 😉 and didn't want to force anyone using my script changes to have the changed suspension.

There is a smoke pod addition you can install, and there is also a Swiss Hawk skin of you are looking. I'll post a link in a second here when I've found it.

Theme icons:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/203816-vnao-t-45-goshawk/?do=findComment&comment=5402837

Smoke pod:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/203816-vnao-t-45-goshawk/?do=findComment&comment=5384684

Swiss Skins:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3316377/ and https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3316378/

Scripts update by me (Feb 16): 

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/203816-vnao-t-45-goshawk/?do=findComment&comment=5383472

I am working on fixing @Rudel_chw excellent training missions (spawn issues on the carrier), in the meanwhile the originals are on his one drive here:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/203816-vnao-t-45-goshawk/?do=findComment&comment=4811451

By the way, if you are having issues with hooking up for launch on the super carrier, try retracting and extending the launchbar with full throttle.

@SparrowLT The fuel and thrust at high altitude is a known bug.

@fdesposito also found a bug, when the wind is >15 knots, the engine windmills and prevents repair.

ps: If you want to remove/hide the default kneeboard then go into the T-45C mod folder, navigate to \Mods\Aircraft\VNAO_T45\Cockpit\Scripts and rename or delete the "KNEEBOARD" folder. If you want to add your own kneeboard images, put them in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\T-45 (or the non-beta equivalent).

If you are looking for more T-45C infos/news/community check out VNAO's discord via their website:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/334361-virtual-naval-air-operations-vnao-cvw-7-naeuapac/

I hope I haven't scared anyone away from this thread with this long post!

Fresh

Edited by Fresh
Added kneeboard info.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Fresh said:

Regarding the suspension script changes, I haven't used it, and my scripts didn't incorporate it, basically because I don't understand the changes 😉 and didn't want to force anyone using my script changes to have the changed suspension.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for clarifying this, as I had the same doubt myself. Also thanks for the swiss skins, as I was not aware of them.

6ojAD3F.jpg

I'm currently fully immersed on the Viggen, but as soon as I've got enough free time, I will try to update my old training missions to make them compatible with the latest T-45, including your scripts. 👍

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 4