VNAO T-45 Goshawk

On 4/25/2021 at 10:13 PM, Baldawg said:

I spent the morning adding keybindings for most of the switches, knobs and buttons etc. in the T-45.  I added the Data Entry Panel as its own category and confirmed all buttons work.  All other edits are under the Special for Simpit category. SOME OF THSES ARENT WORKING QUITE YET SO I WIL BE UPDATING IT!!!  I've had to make adjustments per my pit so the switches work properly however, they may operate backwards in yours.  (on is off or off is on as far as the actual switch in game compared to your physical switch)

I have more work to do related to the comms panels and VOR/ILS TACAN panels but i may not be able to get some of the rotary knobs that change the freq numbers working correctly....these usually require more coding within the module that i am not able to do. 

***NOTE : Make a backup copy of your existing default.lua just in case.  ive changed mine to default.lua.bak.    The file path for the default.lua is as follows..... C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\VNAO_T45\Input\joystick

***UPDATE : I found an issue with the HOOK bypass switch not working which i traced back to an error in the clickabledate.lua file.  i have corrected it on my end.  is there anyone from the dev team that can update the source code to reflect the fix?  i have attached the clickabledate.lua file below as well as the new default.lua

I also added binding for most of the radio and comm control panels to work as well.  I still need to work on the NAV and TACAN panels.

default.luaUnavailable

clickabledata.lua 31.74 kB · 164 downloads default.lua 61.79 kB · 179 downloads

this is GOLD! there are issues with it though which im struggling to iron out. quite a few of the switches are on else off (eg the radios switch is am else fm, it doesnt toggle between the 2, same goes for the comm1 and 2 switch) also the brightness inc/dec buttons have no increments, theyre either full on or full off. is it poss to add these as axis too?

• Thanks 2

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Hello, I'm on clavier and I have a problem, when I tried this plane, the stick don't move when I hit the keys...And the controls doesn't appear in the parameters...

Can you help me ?

Thank you !

8 minutes ago, Lylian said:

Hello, I'm on clavier and I have a problem, when I tried this plane, the stick don't move when I hit the keys...And the controls doesn't appear in the parameters...

sorry, but this aircraft does not have support for keyboard control of the flight surfaces nor throttle.

8 minutes ago, Lylian said:

Can you help me ?

you can attach an x-box game controller to your pc, and use that as a means of handling the aircraft.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

sorry, but this aircraft does not have support for keyboard control of the flight surfaces nor throttle.

you can attach an x-box game controller to your pc, and use that as a means of handling the aircraft.

Thank you ! I'll do that !

3 hours ago, Lylian said:

Thank you ! I'll do that !

this thread can help with setup examples:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

On 5/14/2023 at 9:37 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Hi,

That mission (cold 106 with CVN-72) makes use of the Supercarrier DLC, which you dont own (yet) and so DCS places you in the air. You can't land on it either. Don't know why the Mod developer made the mission like that, it would have been more logical to use a free carrier.

I'm attaching an edited version of the same mission, where I substituted the CVN-72 with the free CVN-74, which should work for you. Save it at \Saved  Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\VNAO_T45\Missions\EN\QuickStart

Best regards,

Eduardo

T45_Familiarization_Day (no SC).miz 20.14 kB · 4 downloads

I’ve downloaded this amended mission file and installed it in the recommended location, however nothing new is showing up in the Instant Action list of options. Just the original supercarrier missions  so I’ve obviously missed a crucial step somewhere along the line.  My friend google suggested that I might have to do something with the QuickStart.lua file. Any ideas please?

20 minutes ago, diNozzo said:

I’ve downloaded this amended mission file and installed it in the recommended location, however nothing new is showing up in the Instant Action list of options. Just the original supercarrier missions  so I’ve obviously missed a crucial step somewhere along the line.  My friend google suggested that I might have to do something with the QuickStart.lua file. Any ideas please?

I'm the one that missed the step, I launched the mission from the Mission Editor, without realizing that in order to be seen I'd have to edit the QuickStart.lua.  Here is an updated file.

quickstart.lua

• Like 2

On 5/16/2023 at 5:32 AM, eatthis said:

this is GOLD! there are issues with it though which im struggling to iron out. quite a few of the switches are on else off (eg the radios switch is am else fm, it doesnt toggle between the 2, same goes for the comm1 and 2 switch) also the brightness inc/dec buttons have no increments, theyre either full on or full off. is it poss to add these as axis too?

Glad you found this to enhance your sim experience....soon after i made the edits the modding team added them to the lua.  However its been a few years since the module has been out and im sure there is a lot of changes that they made to the core of the mod.  With that said you may find some things that work and some that dont.  I would look at the original lua and add what is in the one I edited that works for you.  When it comes to axis...those usually require the creator to add other "connectors" so that the knob actually works and also renders the knob in game.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, AstroEma said:

Is this mod still being worked on? 🙂

Sadly, no. The developer @Particleman has not connected in over two years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all and good day!

Is there anyone in this thread that has exported the mods MFD's to either an external monitor or to a MIP? I've placed a comment in the multiple display bugs section as well in hopes I can get some guidance. Thank everyone in advance for any help!

Edited by sgtoinkz

5 hours ago, sgtoinkz said:

Hello all and good day!

Is there anyone in this thread that has exported the mods MFD's to either an external monitor or to a MIP? I've placed a comment in the multiple display bugs section as well in hopes I can get some guidance. Thank everyone in advance for any help!

I've just had a look and the export names are 

MFDL
MFDR

So you need to put entries in your monitor config file with reference to above. (see below)

Alternatively, you could change those names to LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD

In the files
VNAO_T45\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFDL\Indicator\init.lua  ---->  try_find_assigned_viewport("MFDL")
and
VNAO_T45\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFDR\Indicator\init.lua ---->  try_find_assigned_viewport("MFDR")
eg

LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 5130;
y = 360;
width = 825;
height = 825;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 2560;
y = 360;
width = 1720;
height = 1080;
}

MFDL =
{
x = 5130;
y = 360;
width = 825;
height = 825;
}

MFDR =
{
x = 2560;
y = 360;
width = 1720;
height = 1080;
}

It works but they don't look great, going to need a bit of modifying the code for the font I reckon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

I've just had a look and the export names are 

MFDL
MFDR

So you need to put entries in your monitor config file with reference to above. (see below)

Alternatively, you could change those names to LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD

In the files
VNAO_T45\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFDL\Indicator\init.lua  ---->  try_find_assigned_viewport("MFDL")
and
VNAO_T45\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFDR\Indicator\init.lua ---->  try_find_assigned_viewport("MFDR")
eg

LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 5130;
y = 360;
width = 825;
height = 825;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 2560;
y = 360;
width = 1720;
height = 1080;
}

MFDL =
{
x = 5130;
y = 360;
width = 825;
height = 825;
}

MFDR =
{
x = 2560;
y = 360;
width = 1720;
height = 1080;
}

It works but they don't look great, going to need a bit of modifying the code for the font I reckon

Thank you for the help and your dedication to the community! It works! I applied both of your methods to fully understand them and chose to stick with the alternate method. The font definitely needs to be worked on. Do you think there would be anything buried within the WWsimapp files that could lead to a correction of the fonts? perhaps somewhere in the F-18 since that's what the MIP was designed around?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BaronVonVaderham said:

Does this mean the aircraft does not have missions or trainings associated with it?

correct, the Mod does not include any pre-made mission, except for some instant actions.

A few years back, I edited a set of training missions for it, not sure if they still work on the current DCS, but perhaps you can give them a try:

Here is a video of one of these missions, so you can check how they are before downloading:

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I’m pretty sure this has been addressed in this thread or elsewhere on the forum, but I cannot find the solution:

I’m trying to export the MFDs of the T-45 to my cougar displays. Where can I find some clear instructions to do so? I’m pretty sure this has been done, but like I said, I can’t find the information. I managed to do this easy enough for the f-16. Was hoping it’s equally easy for the t-45.

8 minutes ago, BaronVonVaderham said:

Where can I find some clear instructions to do so?

Maybe this guide can help a bit:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h7dmyHAR0KbcGHTuyA

5 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Maybe this guide can help a bit:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h7dmyHAR0KbcGHTuyA

That’s pretty much what I did for the f-16, which works well. But the f-16 definition does not work for the t-45. I’m assuming that’s partly because the t-45 does not call them MFCD,  but I’m also not sure if I can define different mfd types in the same lua for the same display setup.

On 4/25/2021 at 5:06 PM, FZG_Immel said:

Ok, so this is what I did :

first I created two new entries in my MonitorSetup file ((modify the file you currently use in DCS; but make a back up copy of said file first) that you can find here  \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup

here are the entries for the monitorsetup file that must be added.

for coordinates and sizes, you can initially copy those that you already use for the other exports you have there, but you will need then need to finetune them, because  for this airplane these exports need to be a little smaller, to fit the Cougar MFD's...

for reference, here are the lines I use for the hornet, for example. You can see the difference (up there the sizes are smaller compared to the one I created for the Goshawk)

then, you need to add the following lines to your MFDR init.lua file that you can find here (add it at the VERY END of the file):

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\VNAO_T45\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFDR\Indicator

then, you need to add the following lines to your MFDL init.lua file that you can find here (add it at the VERY END of the file) :

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\VNAO_T45\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFDL\Indicator

for reference, here is how the complete init.lua file looks like (with the addition put in bold).

there you go. this should work. works for me perfectly

I’ve not yet tried to modify the init file, which I assume is in the mod folder in the saved games directory?

Is the init charge necessary?

At the moment the fonts are all screwed up. I tried resizing, first with a ratio of approx 95% ( in line with your hornet comparison), and then I tried resizing to 75% off my original mfd sizes for the f-16. Unfortunately that didn’t change anything other than the size (at 75% they do line up with the Cougar keys). Soo the fonts are still garbled.