User Files Livery Requests

Jester986

The 457th Spads out of Ft. Worth because that's where a couple buddies fly #553, #222.

924fw-afres-bergstrom.jpg

DqrXtHeWwAElp64.jpg:large

Edited by Banman

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

If it doesn't by default - you can bet it won't take long...

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Thunderbirds fly Block 52D aircraft, but they are officially listed as F-16CMs.

(Source: USAF Mishap report https://www.acc.af.mil/Portals/92/AIB/180404_ACC_Creech_F16_Thunderbird_AIB_Narrative_Report.pdf?ver=2018-10-16-132501-787

The only really significant spotting differences between a Block 50 and Block 52 air-frame are engine related. Intakes and Afterburners are different depending on whether its a GE or Pratt engine.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

The Thunderbirds fly Block 52D aircraft, but they are officially listed as F-16CMs.

(Source: USAF Mishap report https://www.acc.af.mil/Portals/92/AIB/180404_ACC_Creech_F16_Thunderbird_AIB_Narrative_Report.pdf?ver=2018-10-16-132501-787

The only really significant spotting differences between a Block 50 and Block 52 air-frame are engine related. Intakes and Afterburners are different depending on weather its a GE or Pratt engine.

Sorry, but my English is not enough and its not my mother tongue; because I don't understand the real meaning of your proposition :huh: ?

Do you really mean...

• ...are different depending on weather (clouds, scattered, overcast, humidity, etc...).... ?
  • ...are different depending on whether (maybe just a typo of yourself).... ?

Thank you in advance and all the best :smilewink:

Edited by NevSmith

Intakes and Afterburners are different depending on weather its a GE or Pratt engine.

Lufteinlass und Nachbrenner sind unterschiedlich, abhängig davon, ob es ein General Electrics oder Pratt & Whitney Triebwerk ist.

Edited by Roadrunner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Intakes and Afterburners are different depending on weather its a GE or Pratt engine.

Lufteinlass und Nachbrenner sind unterschiedlich, abhängig davon, ob es ein General Electrics oder Pratt & Whitney Triebwerk ist.

What do conditions of the atmosphere have to do with an aircraft engine type...? :music_whistling:

Those feels when you correct someone in BOLD...and get it wrong....

https://www.gingersoftware.com/english-online/spelling-book/confusing-words/weather-whether

:thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well, i actualy just translated for nevsmith using his post, didnt check the original spelling ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Sorry, but my English is not enough and its not my mother tongue; because I don't understand the real meaning of your proposition :huh: ?

Do you really mean...

• ...are different depending on weather (clouds, scattered, overcast, humidity, etc...).... ?
  • ...are different depending on whether (maybe just a typo of yourself).... ?

Thank you in advance and all the best :smilewink:

"OK Guys lets go put on a great airshow! OH NOES! The Weather man says it looks like rain so we have to decide Whether to take a Block 50 or 52!"

:doh:

THAT is probably one of the few times I could make that mistake is still have a sentence that is grammatically correct. The sad thing is English IS my mother tongue sooo...

My apologies gentlemen for the confusion and butchering the Queens English and thanks to those who corrected it not only in English but apparently German too. That's what ya get for trusting "Spell Chucker".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

"OK Guys lets go put on a great airshow! OH NOES! The Weather man says it looks like rain so we have to decide Whether to take a Block 50 or 52!"

:doh:

THAT is probably one of the few times I could make that mistake is still have a sentence that is grammatically correct. The sad thing is English IS my mother tongue sooo...

My apologies gentlemen for the confusion and butchering the Queens English and thanks to those who corrected it not only in English but apparently German too. That's what ya get for trusting "Spell Chucker".

LOL, funny thread :thumbup: . I know the difference between "weather" and "wheter" - that's why I got confused.

Even Roadrunner (the german guy - German is my mother tongue too) - who had the best intentions - used the wrong word (weather), but he translated it with his common sense & correctly.

By the way, only an insider can truly know all the secrets about the Thunderbirds; and maybe if humidity gets too high and the danger of rust is increasing dramatically, the chief of Thunderbird's staff decides to use a Pratt & Whitney :smartass: ??? Who knows...

Cheers and all the best.

The only really significant spotting differences between a Block 50 and Block 52 air-frame are engine related. Intakes and Afterburners are different depending on whether its a GE or Pratt engine.

Last time I checked when I went over and hung out with their MX guys on the flight line at Red Flag, they fly Block 42's. Now if they've upgraded in the last 2 years since then, that would be news to me.

BTW, that tail number listed in the mishap is a Block 42. Block 52's have 92+ tail's.

Edited by WildWeasel303

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

Last time I checked when I went over and hung out with their MX guys on the flight line at Red Flag, they fly Block 42's. Now if they've upgraded in the last 2 years since then, that would be news to me.

" In the 2009 show season the Thunderbirds transitioned to an updated version of the F-16 fighter. The Block 52s have an upgraded avionics package that brings the Thunderbird fleet into alignment with the rest of the worldwide F-16 fleet. "

BTW, that tail number listed in the mishap is a Block 42. Block 52's have 92+ tail's.

References indicate the Aircraft is indeed a Block 52D

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/airframe-profile/3456/

Block 40/42 and 50/52 are all referred to as CMs and use the same TO# because aside from engines they are equipped the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

They have never used block 42. Only block 15, 32 and 52.

Here is a list of all Thunderbird F-16.

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/view_airframes_byadvancedsearch/acshort/F-16/fy/0/plant/0/status/0/version/0/program/0/airforce/11055/unit/11525/deployment/0/displayteam/0/actype/F-16/startnum/1

Not all block 52 have a contract year of 92, there are several 90 and 91 contract year.

Block 40/42 and 50/52 are all referred to as CMs and use the same TO# because aside from engines they are equipped the same.

Only the avionics Technical Order (T.O.) are the same. So 1F-16CM-34-1-1 or 34-1-1-1 would be the same, most other T.O. will still be block specific, i.e. 1F-16CJ-2-78JG-41 (IIRC the their engine exhaust T.O.) as oppose to 1F-16CG-2-78JG-11 for block 40.

CM is just a specific T.O. designation that somehow has become commonly used but not accurate.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Block 52D means the jet has 2 seats in it.

C model = 1 seat

D model = 2 seats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Block 52D means the jet has 2 seats in it.

C model = 1 seat

D model = 2 seats

He means the way F-16.net list the manufacturing version.

So two seat would be F-16D block 52

The manufacturing is F-16C or D block 52 D, the last letter is a modification withing manufacturing of a specific block.

Here is a list of all F-16C block 52 D

This is is all F-16D block 52 D

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

And none of that matters on whether there will be a Thunderbird's skin made for it. If its an F16, there WILL be a T-bird skin made by someone. Probably ED will do a basic one, and someone else will do a more detailed one. All this talk of what block it SHOULD be will not matter. People have to make do with what is available.