3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Where's the "new version?"

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

The new 12.0 version is not officialy released, as I still have to improve flat shadow soften feature.

In the meantime, you can get a 12 beta version here : https://www.mediafire.com/file/xk1auhm2hilxbkg/3DmigotoDCS_VR_12.0beta.zip/file, that features the fix for crater (toggled on/off by ALT F3) and the flat shadow soften (toggled on/off in MISC menu). I did also some cleaning, this version is only working with the last OB.

I also provided a patch for Kegetys/SpeedOfHeat VR Shaders mod clear water-non IC (in folder "update Kegetys SpeedOfHeat VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.2") to allowit to work wiht my mod.

• Thanks 2

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

5 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

The new 12.0 version is not officialy released, as I still have to improve flat shadow soften feature.

In the meantime, you can get a 12 beta version here : https://www.mediafire.com/file/xk1auhm2hilxbkg/3DmigotoDCS_VR_12.0beta.zip/file, that features the fix for crater (toggled on/off by ALT F3) and the flat shadow soften (toggled on/off in MISC menu). I did also some cleaning, this version is only working with the last OB.

I also provided a patch for Kegetys/SpeedOfHeat VR Shaders mod clear water-non IC (in folder "update Kegetys SpeedOfHeat VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.2") to allowit to work wiht my mod.

I tested 12.0, and with ALT+F3 framerates are improving (in some case, by 20 or 30% thanks!!!), however you still can see the craters rendered even with ALT+F3... is that suppose to happen? I thought that craters would be completely off, completely out of rendering scene.

1 hour ago, Gryzor said:

I tested 12.0, and with ALT+F3 framerates are improving (in some case, by 20 or 30% thanks!!!), however you still can see the craters rendered even with ALT+F3... is that suppose to happen? I thought that craters would be completely off, completely out of rendering scene.

I do not know what these shaders are doing. I just identify them by looking at the number of shader call before and after the CBU explosion. At first I was thinking they were used for smoke, but there are still smoke when they are de activated. So if craters are still there and the GPU is not saturated, that's good.

But you should have more than 30% of fps win. With my config I went from 30 fps to 60 fps in VR. I identify shaders with Kegetys mod, I'll check if it impacter thèse shaders also.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

4 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

I do not know what these shaders are doing. I just identify them by looking at the number of shader call before and after the CBU explosion. At first I was thinking they were used for smoke, but there are still smoke when they are de activated. So if craters are still there and the GPU is not saturated, that's good.

But you should have more than 30% of fps win. With my config I went from 30 fps to 60 fps in VR. I identify shaders with Kegetys mod, I'll check if it impacter thèse shaders also.

In some cases more than 300% improved (persian gulf FC3 MiG-29 column attack... when viewing craters without fix, frametimes goes above 60ms... with it, 18-19 ms, ant PRACTICALY with the same graphics rendered in the scene). I expect some DEV look at this, because maybe you could train them a bit in code optimization. Incrdible such findings not by DEVs but by users...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gryzor said:

In some cases more than 300% improved (persian gulf FC3 MiG-29 column attack... when viewing craters without fix, frametimes goes above 60ms... with it, 18-19 ms, ant PRACTICALY with the same graphics rendered in the scene). I expect some DEV look at this, because maybe you could train them a bit in code optimization. Incrdible such findings not by DEVs but by users...

I'm not a developper,  I just did some kind of low level shader unactivation. I do not know what these shaders are aimed for and did not program anything.

By the way, I found also it is possible to  deactivate dust cloud created by CBU explosion. Explosions remain (but without this dust cloud) but my fps are kept at 60 fps during the whole track ! I need to check if there are  no side effects for other things like normal bombs, fire,...But I may provide an option to hide them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I'm not a developper,  I just did some kind of low level shader unactivation. I do not know what these shaders are aimed for and did not program anything.

By the way, I found also it is possible to  deactivate dust cloud created by CBU explosion. Explosions remain (but without this dust cloud) but my fps are kept at 60 fps during the whole track ! I need to check if there are  no side effects for other things like normal bombs, fire,...But I may provide an option to hide them.

Excellent, so please let me know. I modified your file (d3dx.ini) just to make "crater FPS fix" compatible with VR Shaders Ic Pass compliant, just by disabling the last shader with ";":

;[ShaderOverrideFlagTest7PS]
;Hash=bd234844c8e82a5c
;if $fixCraterBug
;    handling = skip
;endif

If that shader was enabled, I had side effects,... like invisible cockpit or objects. Let me know if you want my personal mix of mods in a ZIP, currently I have quite good frametimes (over Dubai, 12-13 ms, with a 3090 and 5900x), ultravisibility, flat shadows on, Steam SS 204%). I mixed your mod, VR shader Ic mod, and reshade mod just to increase sharpening and colours-contrasts. 

13 minutes ago, Gryzor said:

Excellent, so please let me know. I modified your file (d3dx.ini) just to make "crater FPS fix" compatible with VR Shaders Ic Pass compliant, just by disabling the last shader with ";":

;Hash=bd234844c8e82a5c
;if $fixCraterBug
;    handling = skip
;endif

If that shader was enabled, I had side effects,... like invisible cockpit or objects. Let me know if you want my personal mix of mods in a ZIP, currently I have quite good frametimes (over Dubai, 12-13 ms, with a 3090 and 5900x), ultravisibility, flat shadows on, Steam SS 204%). I mixed your mod, VR shader Ic mod, and reshade mod just to increase sharpening and colours-contrasts. 

I'd be interested in trying out yours.

I also get the Wonder Woman aircraft with the Shift+F3 option.

Screenshot 2021-12-28 180530.png

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

1 hour ago, Gryzor said:

I attatch d3dx.ini LeFuneste modified file by me, just for fix wonder woman cockpit. It mantains however ALT+F3 fps fix.

d3dx.ini 68.96 kB · 2 downloads

That's the ticket.

Thanks 👍

--Arthur C Clark

now if someone can find a way to reduce the frametime cost of shadows ... I mean other than turning them off that seems to be the big killer left.

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

7 hours ago, Gryzor said:

;Hash=bd234844c8e82a5c
;if $fixCraterBug
;    handling = skip
;endif

Thanks, I'll include this modification in the release version.

15 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

now if someone can find a way to reduce the frametime cost of shadows ... I mean other than turning them off that seems to be the big killer left.

I do not agree. Shadow need to ne computer, it may take some time for it.

From my point of view there are three main issues for fps that affect gameplay

• low fps with very low usage of GPU and CPU. The game is waiting something, but what ?...Eg quick mission / takeoff for a10C. You are stuck at 40-50 fps...
  • High CPU latency on same situation, regarding the direction you look at, even if there is nothing really different (number of object to drawn,...)
  • Lack of parralelism to handle a lot of units in scripted campaigns.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

I do not agree. Shadow need to ne computer, it may take some time for it.

From my point of view there are three main issues for fps that affect gameplay

• low fps with very low usage of GPU and CPU. The game is waiting something, but what ?...Eg quick mission / takeoff for a10C. You are stuck at 40-50 fps...
  • High CPU latency on same situation, regarding the direction you look at, even if there is nothing really different (number of object to drawn,...)
  • Lack of parralelism to handle a lot of units in scripted campaigns.

I agree that shadows do need to be computed, I don't get the CPU latency problem nor the low GPU usage issues so i can't comment , but the lack of parallelism is hurting the game performance for sure.

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

I agree that shadows do need to be computed, I don't get the CPU latency problem nor the low GPU usage issues so i can't comment , but the lack of parallelism is hurting the game performance for sure.

Can you try the A10C / quick mission / takeoff if you have the A10C ?

I'm curious to see if I'm the only one to have this issue.

in VR on the deck i get between 45-65 FPS and rises rapidly to  70-80 as i take off , then went into freeflight in the 18 go 80-90 fps, and then back into the a10c take off same/similar results as initially ? 

9 hours ago, Gryzor said:

I modified your file (d3dx.ini) just to make "crater FPS fix" compatible with VR Shaders Ic Pass compliant, just by disabling the last shader with ";"

Hello,

I tested the mod with @speed-of-heat clear water no IC version of kegetys mod. There is a patch to apply on the "clear water" mod to link it with kegetys options, mostly for haze and NVG and make it compatible wiht my mod.

Did you apply this patch to the "IC" version ? In this case, I think it should break the IC compatibility. Or did you just use the two mods as they are ?

If you did not apply the patch for IC mod, were all features of my mod working ?

33 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

in VR on the deck i get between 45-65 FPS and rises rapidly to  70-80 as i take off , then went into freeflight in the 18 go 80-90 fps, and then back into the a10c take off same/similar results as initially ? 

So, on the ground, you should you have ~50 fps with low usage of CPU and GPU...

I'm running in VR 50-60FPS on the ground is NORMAL CPU utilisation is functionally irrelevant as you will only measure the use of 1 or two cores in my case about 15% or so GPU utilisation is in the 90's 

Just to confirm that fix is also fixing other cases than CBU : https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/289446-fps-very-low-at-outpost-for-missions-51-and-52/?do=findComment&comment=4856191

1 minute ago, speed-of-heat said:

I'm running in VR 50-60FPS on the ground is NORMAL CPU utilisation is functionally irrelevant as you will only measure the use of 1 or two cores in my case about 15% or so GPU utilisation is in the 90's 

Why should you need more CPU when aligned on ground at idle than when flying (having the complex flight model running) and using your sensors ? From my point of view, you may have the highest fps number in this case, this is the opposite.

For me, this is showing that is some case the game is not able to use the power it can access, it may have side effect in other case.

• Like 1

You are making the assumption that I am CPU bound on the deck i'm not... more objects are displayed grass clutter shadows indeed as i take off my CPU utilisation goes down and my FPS rises  etc...  

image.png

as you can see I do get CPU limited in between frames 1400-1900, and then you see the frame rates climbing quite literally as i take off ...

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1

Version 12.0 available in first post.

Finally I added the fps fix into menu, in MISC. page. You can switch the option in game by using LALT+F3, but it will allow you to check which mode is used.

There are 3 options :

• 0 => no fix
  • 1 => fix for remaining shaders after explosion only (I did not see real visible impact)
  • 2 => reduce number of smoke shaders for CBU and Minigun

By using option 2, I am able to read the track from @Flappie and remained at 60 fps during the whole sequence !

I tuned the maximum number of shader to display, you may have to reduce it regarging your GPU. See first post for more details.

I quickly checked with the Huey in quick mission / weapon practice. I blew a lot of things and did not notice something obvious. Using very long Mingun shot is creating some CPU latency, but no more GPU saturation !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

Version 12.0 available in first post.

Finally I added the fps fix into menu, in MISC. page. You can switch the option in game by using LALT+F3, but it will allow you to check which mode is used.

There are 3 options :

• 0 => no fix
  • 1 => fix for remaining shaders after explosion only (I did not see real visible impact)
  • 2 => reduce number of smoke shaders for CBU and Minigun

By using option 2, I am able to read the track from @Flappie and remained at 60 fps during the whole sequence !

I tuned the maximum number of shader to display, you may have to reduce it regarging your GPU. See first post for more details.

I quickly checked with the Huey in quick mission / weapon practice. I blew a lot of things and did not notice something obvious. Using very long Mingun shot is creating some CPU latency, but no more GPU saturation !

Thanks for the update, the update contains 12 and 11.4? 

52 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Thanks for the update, the update contains 12 and 11.4? 

There is only one link for a "user file" in DCS library web site and the 12.0 version is not compliant with the stable version.

So I put both versions in the zip file for the mod, otherwise the 11.2 it will no more be downloadable from DCS user files....

Maybe I should create 2 entries in DCS user files, one for OB and one for stable...I'll see for the next version.

• Like 3