3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

I mainly play single player, so the ic pass isn't a big deal to me. I currently just have the clear water mod installed. If you could give instructions on how to add just this part, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

I honestly can’t because I haven’t looked at this mod, in a very long time.  I do my butchery at a very gross level, for clear water and ic pass; I hack out the files that cause the problem. if this mod makes no changes to those files gbuffer, water and decoder, then as @lefuneste01says it should work without effort, but I honestly don’t know and haven’t tested it and for the same reason as @lefuneste01, I’m very likely not going to.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

3 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

I mainly play single player, so the ic pass isn't a big deal to me. I currently just have the clear water mod installed. If you could give instructions on how to add just this part, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks! 

I tested removing only water.fx, it is working with the mod but is also creating water very transparent : you can see bottom of ocean and ground texture below lake surface...

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

yeah you have to keep the original GBuffer and decoder or you get that effect 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Thanks for the input guys! Once again, I'm not complaining, just "going for the gold" 🙂. I really appreciate the work both of you do! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

I did some testing:  the mod should work as it is with the clearwater version, as soon as you patch it with the files included in the zip I provided.

But anyway, there is an issue with ils151.hlsl that removed text in kneepad maps. And this ils151.hlsl is also shared with shader that display menu boxes in VR that I used to display my menu and MFD/HUD...

So I will update my Kegetys mod and 3dMigoto mod in order to replace this file by the default one (Kegetys mod is only adding some kind of texture SS).

• Thanks 4

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

1st topic updated to include reference for 11.1 version that will improve compatibility with Kegetys mod (including "clear water without IC") and fix issue with text in kneepad map for Kegetys mod.

I did not check compatibility with "clear water with IC" version, cleaning DCS + recompiling shaders take a lot of time.... It may works, who knows...

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2019 at 8:29 AM, lefuneste01 said:

The setup menu can be activated by pressing LSHIFT+F7. You can cycle different pages covering all mod settings. You can change values by using INS/DEL/HOME/END/PageUp/PageDown keys, the effect will be seen directly in game.

I installed this to test it today, whilst its installed correctly, I dont seem to get any menu when i press LSHIFT+F7, i have tried replacing hunting = 0 with =2 and i still dont get anything as an onscreen menu option no green lines, as far as i can tell it installed in the right directory d3d11_log.txt

logfile attached 

• Thanks 1

so the mod works on its own, and it works with Kegteys base mod and CW, as soon as add in the update Kegetys VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.1  the menu fails 

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Thanks 1

I had exactly the same issue this morning when I tried. No menu. I'm mostly interested in whether the FXAA filter reduces the dreaded shimmers, as I'm happy with performance at present.

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

@speed-of-heat and @zildac

For Zildac : Is d3d11.dll in same directory than DCS.exe ?

For Speed-of-heat : if hunting=2 is set, you should have green lines on 2d screen mirror when pressing Num0. Logs ahown thar mod is installed correctly.

What are your graphic options ? Did you check graphic options to remove those given in first post ?  Do you have other mods installed (eg Mustang) ?

I checked with MSAA off each time on a repaired version of DCS, for vanilla, kegetys full and kegetys clear water without IC configuration.

I suggest you to do a repair of DCS with option "check all files" (you can let 3dmigoto in place, as it is not modifying any DCS files it will remains). It's a bit long, but not as much as recompilation...

So, once repaired, try on vanilla DCS with MSAA off, then if it's working, try with MSAA.

Then if it's still working, install Kegetys mod, install my patch for Kegetys to overwrite the needed shaders in bazar subdirectories, launch DCS, take a coffre during recompilation, and try.

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 2

yes MSAA is off ( i couldnt see any others) as i said the menu works with your base mod and Kegetys and clear water just not with your additions/update for kegetys, my settings are my standard ones minus MSAA...

@zildac there is still a pretty notable shimmer with FXAA, i think it is worse than with MSAA ... still very subjective

• Like 1

The advantages of this mod are many, from a performance POV, it enables you to have fxaa enabled to reduce the shimmer a bit, at very little perf cost, but not as effective (no implied detriment to the mod) as MSAA, my view is if you are solely looking at performance and can’t afford MSAA then this mod provides a a significant benefit for the shimmer with FXAA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

The advantages of this mod are many, from a performance POV, it enables you to have fxaa enabled to reduce the shimmer a bit, at very little perf cost, but not as effective (no implied detriment to the mod) as MSAA, my view is if you are solely looking at performance and can’t afford MSAA then this mod provides a a significant benefit for the shimmer with FXAA.

I agree : no miracle to expect from FXAA, if MSAA is not doing it, then FXAA won't either. It's just costing less fps than MSAA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

yes MSAA is off ( i couldnt see any others) as i said the menu works with your base mod and Kegetys and clear water just not with your additions/update for kegetys

It was a packaging issue, I just put online the 11.1.1 that will fix the problem.

Just install again 3dmigoto part if you have already patched the Kegetys shader mod with the "update Kegetys VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.1"

On 6/1/2019 at 3:29 AM, lefuneste01 said:

Once the Kegetys shader mod is installed, copy in DCS installation directory the files and directories from the directory "update Kegetys VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.1", included in the 3dmigoto mod zip file.

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the instructions above from the OP, but I can't find the update Kegetys VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.1 directory. Here is the file structure inside the zip file (v11.1.1):

image.png

Is this directory to be downloaded from somewhere else?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

yep, this file is not present in the latest download... not quite sure what to do

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

yep, this file is not present in the latest download... not quite sure what to do

I guess we will wait for @lefuneste01 to put it back! 🙂

Thanks for confirming I wasn't going crazy! 

Edited by Sandmonkee
  • Like 1

@lefuneste01, I finally had some time to get this installed, and it works friggin great! Finally I have the best of both worlds! Adding the kegetys mod support has pretty much negated any fps hit from the 3Dmigoto mod, and it looks spectacular. I love the ability to adjust stuff in game, this mod is now on the list of "how is this not already built in to the game?" mods. Thanks big time as well to @speed-of-heat for helping out with your knowledge of the kegetys mod and your clear water adjustment, and for indulging me on my Quest for the Golden Mod! 😀

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...