3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

21 hours ago, phrogZ said:

Hello and thanks for this very useful mod !

I've some trouble to have it working with the latest open beta: 2.7.7.14727.

RSHIFT+F7 is working as expected, but RSHIFT+F3 is not (I tried ont F-18 and F-16).

Has someone the same issue?

N.B. I already tried the repair option.

Did you try In VR ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Hi lefuneste so looking back on this page you say about installing Kegetys mod before installing 3dmigoto mod. Ive tried to install kegetys mod but dcs wont load because of errors, i downloaded what i can see is the latest version 2.7.0.4625 , does anyone know of a newer version for latest OB. 

edit: I've found lastest Kegetys mod and have dcs running now and installed your update for Kegeteys mod, sadly 3d migoto vr mod still doesn't show when i use shift + F7.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

6 hours ago, westr said:

Hi lefuneste so looking back on this page you say about installing Kegetys mod before installing 3dmigoto mod. Ive tried to install kegetys mod but dcs wont load because of errors, i downloaded what i can see is the latest version 2.7.0.4625 , does anyone know of a newer version for latest OB. 

edit: I've found lastest Kegetys mod and have dcs running now and installed your update for Kegeteys mod, sadly 3d migoto vr mod still doesn't show when i use shift + F7.

I will release an updated version of the mod soon. But the last beta just came up...

21 hours ago, phrogZ said:

I play only in VR 🙂 . I didn't know it was working in a non VR environment. 

The beta broke it. I'll see how to fix it.

• Like 1

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Version 11.3 available in first post. All issues should be fixed. HUD and MFD sharpening should work for last OB. Label masking and radio messages also. It includes a patch for Kegetys in order to have it working with the last OB. See installation documentation for more information.

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 3

In addition I did some testing with a track provided by @dureiken and this settings :

settings_for_test.jpg

Here are some elements I had with fpsVR (session started and stopped before and after track replay). My CPU is overclocked at 4.8 Gz.

Stable without mods and 150% SS

fpsVR Report:
App: DCS HMD: HP Reverb VR Headset VR1000-2xxx0 (90.020 Hz, IPD 61.0)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (30.0.14.7141, Tavg 76.6, Tmax 78) CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (Tavg 75.2, Tmax 88)
Delivered fps: 66.91 Duration: 1.6min. Headset was active: Unknown
GPU Frametimes:
Median: 12.8 ms
99th percentile: 16 ms
99.9th percentile: 16.7 ms
frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 11.7%
CPU frametime:
Median: 8.8 ms
99th percentile: 11.7 ms
99.9th percentile: 13.1 ms
frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 97.8%
Reprojection Ratio: 25.4% (for Index/Vive/VivePro headsets only)
Dropped frames: 0 or 0.0% (for Index/Vive/VivePro headsets only)
Max. SteamVR SS: 150%
Render resolution per eye: 2704x2652(by SteamVR settings, Max.) (HMD driver recommended: 2209x2165)

OB with Kegetys + 3migoto mod (Sharpen on cockpit) and 150% SS

fpsVR Report:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (30.0.14.7141, Tavg 75.3, Tmax 78) CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (Tavg 72.5, Tmax 81)
Delivered fps: 67.92 Duration: 1.5min. Headset was active: Unknown => no fps impact of the mod thanks to Kegetys
GPU Frametimes:
Median: 12.4 ms
99th percentile: 15.3 ms
99.9th percentile: 16 ms
frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 16.5%
CPU frametime:
Median: 9.5 ms
99th percentile: 11.7 ms
99.9th percentile: 12.6 ms
frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 96%
Reprojection Ratio: 24.4% (for Index/Vive/VivePro headsets only)
Max. SteamVR SS: 150%
Render resolution per eye: 2704x2652(by SteamVR settings, Max.) (HMD driver recommended: 2209x2165)

OB with Kegetys + 3migoto mod (Sharpen on cockpit) and no SS

fpsVR Report:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (30.0.14.7141, Tavg 76.6, Tmax 79) CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (Tavg 74.8, Tmax 86)
Delivered fps: 82.5 Duration: 1.6min. Headset was active: Unknown
GPU Frametimes:
Median: 10.4 ms
99th percentile: 12.8 ms
99.9th percentile: 13.4 ms
frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 82.8%
CPU frametime:
Median: 9.3 ms
99th percentile: 12.1 ms
99.9th percentile: 13.6 ms
frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 96.2%
Reprojection Ratio: 8.4% (for Index/Vive/VivePro headsets only)
Max. SteamVR SS: 100%
Render resolution per eye: 2208x2164(by SteamVR settings, Max.) (HMD driver recommended: 2209x2165)

And my favorite BenchMark, because it seems that there is few things displayed but fps are tanked : Quick Mission / A10CII / takeoff :

OB with Kegetys + 3migoto mod (Sharpen on cockpit) and no SS

fpsVR Report:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (30.0.14.7141, Tavg 73.7, Tmax 74) CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (Tavg 70.8, Tmax 82)
Delivered fps: 44.92  Duration: 0.3min. Headset was active: Unknown
GPU Frametimes:
Median: 13.1 ms
99th percentile: 14.8 ms
99.9th percentile: 15.7 ms
frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 0%
CPU frametime:
Median: 18.6 ms
99th percentile: 21 ms
99.9th percentile: >30 ms
frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 0%
Reprojection Ratio: 50.1% (for Index/Vive/VivePro headsets only)
Max. SteamVR SS: 100%
Render resolution per eye: 2208x2164(by SteamVR settings, Max.) (HMD driver recommended: 2209x2165)

And you can see that either CPU or GPU are far from being saturated...

with this use case at 44 fps , nothing used more than 60%, CPU and GPU are waiting something...

Capture.JPG

With the test at 80 fps GPU usage is correct.

Capture2.JPG

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Version 11.3 available in first post. All issues should be fixed. HUD and MFD sharpening should work for last OB. Label masking and radio messages also. It includes a patch for Kegetys in order to have it working with the last OB. See installation documentation for more information.

Thanks as always lufeneste 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Do you have to use Ketegys mod?  Whenever I try that mod, I get random crashes to desktop in VR.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

On 10/28/2021 at 11:05 PM, westr said:

where? and what version are you referencing? ta 🙂

On 10/29/2021 at 1:46 AM, lefuneste01 said:

Thank you very much for the time and effort!  I really like the new menu in VR.  This is the best version yet :)

On 9/12/2021 at 4:03 AM, lefuneste01 said:

Hello, previous version are only on my PC, but they won't change your issue, same shaders are used.

Can you try to

• do a full repair of DCS
  • install kegetys mod
  • install my 3dmigoto mod for kegetys mod
  • install my mod again

And ses if it is working again.

Otherwise, you can try to rename d3dx_user.ini, which contain settings for the mod.

Do you need to start the game each time you add a mod, then come back and add the next mod?  Like install kegetys, start the game.  Then exit and install 3dmigoto mod for kegetys, and start the game etc.  Or do you install all three mods at one time.

Thanks

Image36.jpg

I loved the mechanics of this mod but couldn't handle the performance loss.  Kegety's mod returns some of that performance but I couldn't use it because of huge loading time.  Plus, merging the two mod seemed too cumbersome to do regularly.  I like to keep things simple.

But it seems like Simplex shader works with this mod without any tinkering.  And performance seem acceptable so if anyone wants less hassle, just install Simplex and this mod (Just the 3DmigotoDCS folder inside the zip).

Great work.

Edited by Taz1004

5 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

I loved the mechanics of this mod but couldn't handle the performance loss.  Kegety's mod returns some of that performance but I couldn't use it because of huge loading time.  Plus, merging the two mod seemed too cumbersome to do regularly.  I like to keep things simple.

But it seems like Simplex shader works with this mod without any tinkering.  And performance seem acceptable so if anyone wants less hassle, just install Simplex and this mod (Just the 3DmigotoDCS folder inside the zip).

Great work.

Good to know, but I think some features may be broken if you use Simplex mod. Did you check haze and reflections ?

Also, fps win are lower with original mod, due to encrypted saders, they should be reduced with less changes ?

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

Good to know, but I think some features may be broken if you use Simplex mod. Did you check haze and reflections ?

Also, fps win are lower with original mod, due to encrypted saders, they should be reduced with less changes ?

Haze works well.  I had cockpit reflections disabled so I couldn't tell if it's working or not.

I thought I have to disable ReShade mod if I use this mod but surprisingly, both seem to work well without performance loss.  I'm using CAS Sharpen and SMAA filters from ReShade.

On 10/30/2021 at 1:07 AM, plehmann said:

where? and what version are you referencing? ta 🙂

It’s ok I had an old version and have since found the latest. Out of interest does anyone else find kegetys mod does not provide any performance gain. I read many people that say they get a performance gain. Sadly for me it has never worked. 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

How are you measuring it, you will only be able see a difference in a practical sense if you turn off any motion smoothing/vectoring/ asw. 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

i never use motion smoothing always have found it judders when looking to the side for me. I tend to stick to the same settings have just never seen a difference in fps with the kegertys mod.

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

9 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

Haze works well.  I had cockpit reflections disabled so I couldn't tell if it's working or not.

I thought I have to disable ReShade mod if I use this mod but surprisingly, both seem to work well without performance loss.  I'm using CAS Sharpen and SMAA filters from ReShade.

Hello, I did not know that reflect can now be disabled globally. I though it was only possible for the F18. As I know Reshade for VR is using OpenVR dll, as 3dmigoto is using directX dll.

Did you try the sharpen function of my mod ?

6 hours ago, westr said:

i never use motion smoothing always have found it judders when looking to the side for me. I tend to stick to the same settings have just never seen a difference in fps with the kegertys mod.

It depends of the scenario, settings and config. I did some measurement with the full mod (before encrypted shaders) here : https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/207154-3dmigoto-vr-mod-for-dcs-label-masking-color-enhancement-sharpen-fxaa-copypaste-of-radio-msg/?do=findComment&comment=4726115   and with the last version here https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/207154-3dmigoto-vr-mod-for-dcs-label-masking-color-enhancement-sharpen-fxaa-copypaste-of-radio-msg/?do=findComment&comment=4810959

so globally 6 fps on 41 in the past, should be more about 4 fps on 41 now.

24 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello, I did not know that reflect can now be disabled globally. I though it was only possible for the F18. As I know Reshade for VR is using OpenVR dll, as 3dmigoto is using directX dll.

Did you try the sharpen function of my mod ?

I have custom cockpit for A10C-II and Ka-50 that removes reflection.  All parts of your mod seems to function with Simplex.

Your sharpen filter seem a bit coarse.  Combining with CAS sharpen, everything looks much clearer.  And your FXAA doesn't seem to work when using exterior sharpen?  So SMAA works very well at reducing jaggies.  Overall, quality is so much better at little or no performance loss.

Edited by Taz1004

2 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

I have custom cockpit for A10C-II and Ka-50 that removes reflection.  All parts of your mod seems to function with Simplex.

Your sharpen filter seem a bit coarse.  Combining with CAS sharpen, everything looks much clearer.  And your FXAA doesn't seem to work when using exterior sharpen?  So SMAA works very well at reducing jaggies.  Overall, quality is so much better at little or no performance loss.

Thanks for the information. I'll have a look to compare, but this CAS is also used here :

Maybe it will be a better thing to use it than reshade, because of downsampling feature that make fps saving.

23 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Thanks for the information. I'll have a look to compare, but this CAS is also used here :

Maybe it will be a better thing to use it than reshade, because of downsampling feature that make fps saving.

You mean Fholger's sharpening is what you use in your mod?  Or are you suggesting I use Fholger's on top of your sharpening?

Edited by Taz1004

12 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

You mean Fholger's sharpening is what you use in your mod?  Or are you suggesting I use Fholger's on top of your sharpening?

I mean you may use Fhloger's sharpening instead of mine or Reshade, as it used also CAS algorithm.

• Like 1