Need Clarification Please

Raven1606688515

Practicing my Case 1 landings and I radio that I'm inbound and it says that I (Player): Marshal, 10, Marking mom's 227 for 7, angels 0.6, state 10.5,

Then Tower responses 10, Tower Roger. BRC is 46, signal is Charlie.

Then I(Player): responses 10.

What does this all mean?

I know what angels 0.6 and BRC 46 means, but not sure about the others.

I'm a real NOOB when it comes to this verbiage. Thanks for any clarification that anyone could give me on this.

[Phanteks Enthoo Elite Case, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 MOBO, Intel Core i9-9700K OC 5.1, G SKILL Ripjaws DDR4-3466 RAM 64GB, 3 x Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 x 4TB HDD, 2 x Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G, Corsair AX1600i Modular Power Supply, 7 x Cooler MasterFan Pro, 7 x Phanteks Fans, Koolance Cooling System, Custom Lighting, Windows 10 Home, Alienware AW3418DW Curved Monitor, TrackIR 5, Warthog Hotas, MFG Rudder Pedals.]

Mom / Mother = carrier

227 for 7 = 227, 7nm (I assume)

state = fuel state

Charlie = good to land

Thanks Nealius for the clarification on this. Now I get it. Thanks again!!!

[Phanteks Enthoo Elite Case, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 MOBO, Intel Core i9-9700K OC 5.1, G SKILL Ripjaws DDR4-3466 RAM 64GB, 3 x Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 x 4TB HDD, 2 x Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G, Corsair AX1600i Modular Power Supply, 7 x Cooler MasterFan Pro, 7 x Phanteks Fans, Koolance Cooling System, Custom Lighting, Windows 10 Home, Alienware AW3418DW Curved Monitor, TrackIR 5, Warthog Hotas, MFG Rudder Pedals.]

Marshal, 10, Marking mom's 227 for 7, angels 0.6, state 10.5

Marshal: You are talking to Marshall

10: You (your sidenumber)

Marking mom's 227 for 7: Means that your bearing is 227° (viewn from the ship) and that you are 7nm away.

Angels 0.6: You are flying at 600ft.

State 10.5: You have 10.500 pounds of fuel

BRC 46: means that the runway has a bearing of 046° (not the heading of carrier). Also called final bearing.

Signal is charlie means, that you are cleared to cland (Charlie = C = Clear)

Things will get much cooler when we have the complete radio calls integrated and you also have to interact the right way.

From that lines, i can at least say that, for a case 1 recovery, you are too deep and behind the carrier on the right side.

the "correct" procedere would be to fly in a marschall pattern on angels 2 above the carrier and, when receiving Charlie, descend to 800ft for entering the case 1.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Where are you able to get the case I pattern radio stuff to work? I did the stock case I recovery mission and the comms menu did not bring up anything new to call up Marshall or an LSO for a grade.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Marking mom's 227 for 7: Means that your bearing is 227° (viewn from the ship) and that you are 7nm away.

BRC 46: means that the runway has a bearing of 046° (not the heading of carrier). Also called final bearing.

Things will get much cooler when we have the complete radio calls integrated and you also have to interact the right way.

From that lines, i can at least say that, for a case 1 recovery, you are too deep and behind the carrier on the right side.

the "correct" procedere would be to fly in a marschall pattern on angels 2 above the carrier and, when receiving Charlie, descend to 800ft for entering the case 1.

The BRC is the heading of the ship, not the final bearing or heading of the landing area. During Case 1, Marshal will provide you with the BRC (Base Recovery Course) or heading of the ship to allow for proper overhead alignment. IF it were Case 3, you would get a "Final Bearing" instead of the BRC from Marshal.

Edited by Strikeeagle345

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Thanks so much Viper for that clarification.

Check out CNATRA P-816 for more radio examples if you're interested. They're public domain these days.

I sure will. Thanks again Nealius. Very much appreciated!!

The BRC is the heading of the ship, not the final bearing or heading of the landing area. During Case 1, Marshal will provide you with the BRC (Base Recovery Course) or heading of the ship to allow for proper overhead alignment. IF it were Case 3, you would get a "Final Bearing" instead of the BRC from Marshal.

Thx for clarification on that fancy detail. Did not noticed it before.

Is it then also pronounced "final bearing" instead of BRC?

Is the marshall pattern always on the same angels, or always as the marshall desires?

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

The Marshall pattern altitude is assigned based on the traffic and what the tower assigns. Typically there is I think 1000 ft of spacing between flights in the stack, then one one leaves, the remainders drop down the 1000 ft to the next level.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Thx for clarification on that fancy detail. Did not noticed it before.

Is it then also pronounced "final bearing" instead of BRC?

Is the marshall pattern always on the same angels, or always as the marshall desires?

yes, it is called final bearing in Case 3.

Marshal assigns the altitude blocks, with 1,000 ft spacing starting at 2,000 ft. Case 3, they start at 6,000 ft at 21 nm.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Thx a lot!

I guess in a case 1 marshall are flights, while in a case 3 marshall are always only single aircrafts?

correct. For Case 3, each aircraft will call into marshal and get their own blocks and push times.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

Where are you able to get the case I pattern radio stuff to work?

I’d like to know it as well.

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

Here is a pretty thorough video covering most aspects of CV Ops for use in DCS. I am not saying they are right or wrong, just that this resource is available.

Salute,

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the first of Wags' carrier comms videos, I was wondering what a "low state" would be, but I always understood something like fuel state acoustically, but the comms line definately read "low state x.y" there. Any knowledge on that present here? icon_question.gif

dcs-low-state.thumb.jpg.b472c75f98449860697df9f14db82df9.jpg

Edited by Eldur
attach

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

In the first of Wags' carrier comms videos, I was wondering what a "low state" would be, but I always understood something like fuel state acoustically, but the comms line definately read "low state x.y" there. Any knowledge on that present here?

When flying in a section, you always give the lowest state fuel load when calling mother.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

So, can anyone answer where do you get the Marshall and LSO to work? I checked the comms menu and don't see anything to suggest it.

v6,

boNes

So, can anyone answer where do you get the Marshall and LSO to work? I checked the comms menu and don't see anything to suggest it.

v6,

boNes

I believe the updated LSO communication is still being developed. What we currently hear is a foretaste of what is to come. At a point in time, there was speculations that what we hear now mistakenly slipped in one of the update.

Intended or not by ED, I think it is still work in progress hence the radio comms remain unchanged in the menu list.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Thanks, it just seemed at the beginning of the thread that the function was there and people were using it already, even if just in OB.

v6,

boNes

IIRC correct, Wags flys with wingmen, so I would guess that the low state, is the lowest fuel state of the flight.

When flying in a section, you always give the lowest state fuel load when calling mother.

Thanks for enlightening me, sounds reasonable twilightsmile.png

By the way, just on a side note - for me the ATC doesn't work anymore for ground bases since the new lines are in... anyone came across that as well?

I call inbound, then the new voice (which sounds very unnatural due to the pitch down IMHO) asks something I can't remember now, but never gets any response from the ATCs. Same for startup / taxi clearances...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Here is a pretty thorough video covering most aspects of CV Ops for use in DCS. I am not saying they are right or wrong, just that this resource is available.

Salute,

I've watched about 20 minutes of that and I find it quite interesting, thank you.

He uses another simulator but a lot of things should hold good for DCS too.

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer