Aircraft models? (the plastic kind)

WelshZeCorgi

Not aircraft modelling, but I recently come across this modelling channel and was genuinely stunned .. it's a South Korean modeller that takes car building to a sublime level, it's certainly worth a look:

Yeah, this one suddenly popped into my YT feed too. It's incredible!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I think I posted a link to my modelling showcase website before, so I'll just post one to my latest completion now. I'm currently almost finished with my Lynx HMa8 so hopefully have some photo's of that soon.

Here's the CL-215, though (the plastic was yellow, so not as difficult to paint as it might otherwise have been). it's the Heller 1/72 kit.

https://sites.google.com/view/jdscalemodels/home/cl215

• Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Okay - if we're talking about DCS aircraft - I have several models in my stash such as a 1/72 and a 1/48 Ka-50, same with MiG-29, Su25K and Su-39 1/72 plus aMiG-21, though it's the SMT variant and a poor quality Eastern European one (as is one of the MiG-29s).

I built this Su25 by the awesome Eduard team a few years back - my very first "multi-media" build, plus there's some other DCS covered ones

Su-25A Eduard 1.JPG

022.JPG

AirfixSabre-MiG 3.JPG

RRHawk-finished 8.JPG

• Like 5

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

19 hours ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

Okay - if we're talking about DCS aircraft - I have several models in my stash such as a 1/72 and a 1/48 Ka-50, same with MiG-29, Su25K and Su-39 1/72 plus aMiG-21, though it's the SMT variant and a poor quality Eastern European one (as is one of the MiG-29s).

I built this Su25 by the awesome Eduard team a few years back - my very first "multi-media" build, plus there's some other DCS covered ones

Su-25A Eduard 1.JPG

022.JPG

AirfixSabre-MiG 3.JPG

RRHawk-finished 8.JPG

All look cracking 👍🏻, particularly like your “Jug”.

• Thanks 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

YouTube algorithm just pointed me to this one:

:surprise:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

5 hours ago, sirrah said:

YouTube algorithm just pointed me to this one:

:surprise:

That’s some top drawer work right there!

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, G.J.S said:

Beautifully finished work there chap. Really nice. 

2 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Those are cast models?

I didn't make them 😃 I'm just showing my new arrivals, and these are plastic. I am slowly accumulating models from Flying Mule. I have an F-4J arriving in a few days that is a large diecast. They range from about 5 inches to about a foot long.

I have Bf-109E, Eurofighter (Luftwaffe), F-16, F-18, P-51D, KA-50, Mi-8, Su-27, Su-24, Yak-3, P-39. I also have three low quality models that are F-4U, B-17, and Apache.

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Thanks 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

38 minutes ago, Nealius said:

Slow build year for me since DCS has gotten more exciting/playable.

Hurricane MkI | Eduard (Arma Hobby rebox) Profipack | 1/72

qHOQ7JG.jpgjfXPnjp.jpg

rb64w5k.jpg

Very nicely done. 1:72 is a scale I’ve never really got on with - the details such as the antenna wire would be just too much for me to adequately reproduce, but you have nailed it.

Kudos.

• Like 3

I have been modeling for about 15 years now and I can tell you the hardest part of modeling is learning all the different tricks for hiding seamline's. The quality of the kit is very important to. Tamiya model kits are the best in the industry as they layer parts in such a way that reduce the number of seam lines to deal with. A decent airbrush system will make it far more enjoyable as well. After that's it's mostly learning what paint types work best together for the final product. I use Tamiya's LP line of paints they lay down very well but do have the nasty side effect of bad vapor's and stuff. As for detailing you would be surprised the weathering you can acheive with a pencil and an eraser. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 10:41 PM, hawk4me said:

I have been modeling for about 15 years now and I can tell you the hardest part of modeling is learning all the different tricks for hiding seamline's. The quality of the kit is very important to. Tamiya model kits are the best in the industry as they layer parts in such a way that reduce the number of seam lines to deal with. A decent airbrush system will make it far more enjoyable as well. After that's it's mostly learning what paint types work best together for the final product. I use Tamiya's LP line of paints they lay down very well but do have the nasty side effect of bad vapor's and stuff. As for detailing you would be surprised the weathering you can acheive with a pencil and an eraser. 

Hardest part i have found is getting the right ratio of paint for air brushing, The pencil trick works well, For seams i use the airfix putty which i find good then some fine sand paper before the primer.

• 3 weeks later...

Read the title in this topic, that's not the "plastic kind", that's not a model kit you made mate, you just bought a die cast which is nice for you if you like those, but compared to plastic model kits made by oneself those are pretty bad jokes.

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

My YT algorithm friend came up with this today:

Now that's some next level modeling if you ask me 😯

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 3/4/2023 at 10:55 AM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Read the title in this topic

117597-hi.jpg

that's not the "plastic kind"

Never said it was

that's not a model kit you made mate

Never claimed it was. In fact, specifically said it wasn't a few posts back.

you just bought a die cast which is nice for you if you like those

Correct.

but compared to plastic model kits made by oneself those are pretty bad jokes.

Feel better now?

3 hours ago, sirrah said:

My YT algorithm friend came up with this today:

Now that's some next level modeling if you ask me 😯

Went to the Dallas museum of aviation a few weeks ago, they've got a B-17 with a 15ft wingspan, give or take. It's insanely detailed like that. Really cool, but takes years to do, I'm assuming.

I can't confirm it's plastic, maybe wood, maybe metal. Probably a combination. Just putting that there as a trigger warning for MoW

20230216_162610.jpg

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

11 hours ago, Mars Exulte said:

Never said it was

Perhaps didn't explain myself well enough, sorry for that 🤣.

It's not only it's not a model kit, the plastic kind and all, the thing is there's already somewhere in this very same Chit-chat subforum a thread with that kind of die cast stuff but this is the plastic model kits thread 🤣 . My fault was assuming you knew that when I answered your post 😜 .

P.S.: yeah, looks like some metal scratch built B-17, nice model indeed, though also it might well be a large 1/32 scale plastic model kit since there are also those in the market, not my kind of model kits the ones you could live in, but still plastic model kits. Anyhow, both of them are modelling indeed 😉

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
typo

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

@Mars Exulte always wanted to visit the Dallas museum - it’s on my to do list! And plastic or not, if it ticks the owners boxes - who cares! Fine models chap.

• Like 1