Aircraft models? (the plastic kind)

WelshZeCorgi

Hello,

I am "specialized" rather in paper aircraft models, than plastic ones, mainly because in my childhood times, 80s, in my country (Poland), plastic models were difficult to access, and paints almost inaccessible. But we had monthly periodic, titled "Little Modelmaker", containing plans of military vehicles, planes and warships. Even now, the Halinski Publishing releases very detailed paper models, konwn all over the world. Because it's the DCS World Forum, I would like to share a photo of my 1/33 scale models of Eagle and Flanker

DSCF0798.JPG

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 8:13 AM, JetJake76 said:

Hello,

I am "specialized" rather in paper aircraft models, than plastic ones, mainly because in my childhood times, 80s, in my country (Poland), plastic models were difficult to access, and paints almost inaccessible. But we had monthly periodic, titled "Little Modelmaker", containing plans of military vehicles, planes and warships. Even now, the Halinski Publishing releases very detailed paper models, konwn all over the world. Because it's the DCS World Forum, I would like to share a photo of my 1/33 scale models of Eagle and Flanker

DSCF0798.JPG

These are remarkable - paper construction?

Quite a large scale too. Very well done Sir.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

On 5/28/2021 at 4:32 AM, G.J.S said:

These are remarkable - paper construction?

Quite a large scale too. Very well done Sir.

Thank you. Yes, they are made of paper. All parts need to be cut from a sheet of 0.5 mm thick paper and glued together. Canopies are formed from transparent PVC over a gas oven, I made myself a tool for that. From your avatar I guessed you are British, so I would like to share a picture of another of my models 🙂

DSCF0557.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, JetJake76 said:

Hello,

Thank you. Yes, they are made of paper. All parts need to be cut from a sheet of 0.5 mm thick paper and glued together. Canopies are formed from transparent PVC over a gas oven, I made myself a tool for that. From your avatar I guessed you are British, so I would like to share a picture of another of my models 🙂

DSCF0557.jpg

Yes, British.

The fact they are made of paper is incredible given the level of detail evident, absolutely fantastic.

That is quite a talent you have, long may it continue.

A real pleasure to see these. :clap_2:

• Like 3

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

I`m currently making a 1/48 Supermarine Walrus, to sit on a 3d printed Battleship turret, this is the progress so far

6SaxSw.jpg

The turret printed on a fdm printer.

FptZE7.jpg

Rear superstructure

K5s4y7.jpg

Ball race for the turret to rotate on

7OOa5M.jpg

and the base ready for painting:

sdJfPP.jpg

G1sNIo.jpg

CEU1RO.jpg

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, whiteladder said:

I`m currently making a 1/48 Supermarine Walrus, to sit on a 3d printed Battleship turret, this is the progress so far

6SaxSw.jpg

The turret printed on a fdm printer.

FptZE7.jpg

Rear superstructure

K5s4y7.jpg

Ball race for the turret to rotate on

7OOa5M.jpg

and the base ready for painting:

sdJfPP.jpg

G1sNIo.jpg

CEU1RO.jpg

Impressive! Please add a shot of the finished diorama - this thread is turning into a real pleasure to view.

Outstanding work, genuinely outstanding.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Is it possible to cast a styrene model in clear acrylic or resin blocks? I had this idea to cast a airplane model in these blocks to give the effect of flight without those stands or strings.

Possible, but there may be a reason why it hasn’t been done before? Maybe clarity of the acrylic or similar, reaction with the model or paint, or how to pose it in a fluid before it sets without leaving supporting rod marks? 

• 2 months later...

I have kits, just unable to build at the moment.  So I  look at the new releases.

New kits on the way:

2 new 1/48 SR-71 kits. One from Revell, the other from Hypersonic/Gaspatch.  Reprint of Caracal decals also coming up.  I think the Revel kit is out in December.  Pre-order is about $120 usd. 

Build

http://hyperscale.com/2021/galleries/sr71arevell48dw_1.htm

The other SR-71 by Hypersonic/Gaspatch is what I will save up for.  Looks like they have been working on it for a few years.  Last post I saw said that they were still committed to it.  Hypersonic has a webpage and you can see the quality of his work.  Doesn't look like you can put the engines into the Revel kit?

Renders

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234990411-148-lockheed-sr-71a-blackbird-by-hypersonic-gaspatch-models-3d-renders-in-progress/&do=findComment&comment=3068363

https://www.facebook.com/hypersonicmodels/photos/a.429592377126804/3310243079061705

Caracal Decals

https://www.caracalmodels.com/cd48100.html

If you have $500 to $700 usd there is the 1/32 ex WNW Lancaster coming.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235044133-132-avro-lancaster-bmkiiii-by-border-model-ex-wingnut-wings-box-arttest-model-release-december-2021/

Large scale planes is another good place to get info on this kit.

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/90910-wingnut-wings-lancaster-to-be-released-by-border-model/

Box art

https://www.posart.com/shop/veterans

Link to renders/test shots.

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2021/09/preview-border-model-bombshell.html#more

Edited by NoCoolName66

On 4/29/2021 at 2:13 AM, JetJake76 said:

Hello,

DSCF0798.JPG

I'm a bit late, but just wanted to say those are impressive as hell! I saw the Spit, too 😃 Very nice!

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Suggestion for those who are fan of exotic aircrafts:

One of the Navy NC.223 aircraft became the first Allied bomber to bomb Berlin, Germany, which took place in 7 Jun 1940; it dropped 8 250-kilogram bombs and 80 10-kilogram bombs.

Farman-NC-1.webp

e58bfa70b10b89f79ea2422b3490cdff.jpg

Edited by Thinder
  • Thanks 1

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Wow! some true work of art in this thread!
Keep sharing please! :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...

Some fantastic work whiteladder, I love to see in progress shots just as much as the finished article.

Hi all,

I have recovered for 2 years after a 20 year stop. Some models, some WIPs:

pJh3wI9.jpg

GWoPWHP.jpg

g4bsS9T.jpg

bw6OHpX.jpg

PMrjwVm.jpg

Rw8X8Zj.jpg

QV5TAJx.jpg

Edited by Viper79
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

• 1 month later...

Few more progress shots of my seaplane build

Started to add some more weathering, streaked with enamel wash

pm3N3Fh9j

poHvFcPQj

And then added the rust streaks

pmoClIbFj

Weather the barrels with gun metal, Bronze and burnt grease pigments.  Attached and weather the barrel boots

pmQlyCg6j

Attached the catapult, and added the cabling

pmmQk4DDj

potQnMqDj

pn874hRcj

Edited by whiteladder
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, not sure where else to ask this... but it is model related! I'm working on Academy's AH-1Z, but I'm wondering - does anyone know what colour the individual holes of AN/ALE-39 are when stocked with flares/chaff? I can only find photos of them when empty... Aluminium for chaff, orange/red for flares?

Might as well post some of my finished models while I'm here, haha. I'm a relative beginner, and an even worse photographer, mind you. Currently working on the AH-1Z, and Revell's new SR-71.

werc3UH.jpg

CGPkksC.jpg

TcJeFRY.jpg

oceAi7y.jpg

rvo2w82.jpg

EDIaL1q.jpg

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

14 hours ago, LooseSeal said:

Hey guys, not sure where else to ask this... but it is model related! I'm working on Academy's AH-1Z, but I'm wondering - does anyone know what colour the individual holes of AN/ALE-39 are when stocked with flares/chaff? I can only find photos of them when empty... Aluminium for chaff, orange/red for flares?

Might as well post some of my finished models while I'm here, haha. I'm a relative beginner, and an even worse photographer, mind you. Currently working on the AH-1Z, and Revell's new SR-71.

werc3UH.jpg

CGPkksC.jpg

TcJeFRY.jpg

oceAi7y.jpg

rvo2w82.jpg

EDIaL1q.jpg

Image found here http://aviadejavu.ru/Site/Arts/Art7194.htmhttp://aviadejavu.ru/Site/Arts/Art7194.htm

Hope it’s of use to you?.

EE8FC221-A2DA-4096-8AF6-AA06FC42AC05.jpeg

1 hour ago, G.J.S said:

Hope it’s of use to you?.

It may be! Do you reckon the white are flares and the metallic are chaff?

I guess I was unsure because I've seen flare buckets on fixed-wings which are marked a red colour. Yet not on the AH-1s, oddly enough.

Thanks!

Edited by LooseSeal

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR