Wish List

Boneski

It doesn't matter what you think they have to lose or not; it basically isn't going to happen and it isn't open to discussion as far as I know :)

BTW: DCS is forward thinking. :)

Edit: Also Ubi owns the rights to LOMAC/FC, so it's not ED's call anyway.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding "new" planes in LO

Hello,

Since ED shared plugins and infos to implement 3D new models, it can be seen more and more talented 3D artists creating new models for all Lockon enthousiast.

I won't talk about those who updates existing models (as A-10 or F-15), but new planes "flying" on existing slots.

But today, we reached the limit of this system, cause to introduce a new 3D model, we need to sacrifice a existing one, espacialy on flyable aircraft.

We can imagine two solutions :

-> Creating new slots with existing flight models. Ex : Rafale with Su-33 FM, such as we could use both Rafale and Su.

-> Make all models flyable with "HumanCockpit=yes", based on Su-27 FM, but which take care of real model weight, such as avoid "rocket" planes...

I know this could cause some problems with network compatibility for those not using same mods, I don't know if a solution can be found.

Regards. :)

LOMAC needs new Su-27, Mig-29 and Su-33 models, they are ugly. So theres stills tuff to eplore there bofore reaching the "limit". Its just no one had the avaiablility to do this. ED is making them but I think we will only see their use in future DCS modules anyway.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Is it just me, or am I the only one who sees very little difference between that model and the one we have? Mainly the canopy and landing gear looks different. If it weren't for that, I'd mistake it for just another skin.

No offense is intended to the modeler at all, I have no room to talk since I have never attempted to do any modeling, but I'm just not seeing any vast improvement.

I think the models for the flyable planes are quite good, considering they were created over 6 years ago. The only things I've seen better are CG rendered ones that are too complex for LOMAC. I also don't like to use custom models because you're usually stuck with very few skin options.

Edited by RedTiger

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

Since ED shared plugins and infos to implement 3D new models, it can be seen more and more talented 3D artists creating new models for all Lockon enthousiast.

I won't talk about those who updates existing models (as A-10 or F-15), but new planes "flying" on existing slots.

But today, we reached the limit of this system, cause to introduce a new 3D model, we need to sacrifice a existing one, espacialy on flyable aircraft.

We can imagine two solutions :

-> Creating new slots with existing flight models. Ex : Rafale with Su-33 FM, such as we could use both Rafale and Su.

-> Make all models flyable with "HumanCockpit=yes", based on Su-27 FM, but which take care of real model weight, such as avoid "rocket" planes...

I know this could cause some problems with network compatibility for those not using same mods, I don't know if a solution can be found.

Regards. :)

I agree

And there is a third solution ^^

-> Replace "humancockpit=yes" by "humancockpit=Mig29S" (for exemple, or A10, F15, Su27 etc etc), with real model weight and FM (for rocket style)

it will able modders to select the "best" FM for a new Aircraft ^^

(for exemple, a F14D with a Su33 FM and cockpit without replacing the Su33, or a F117 with a A10 FM ^^)

and ServerSide MEinit humancockpit attribute "replace" the ClientSide MEinit (If client MEinit set F14D with Su27 FM and Server with Su33 ... the client will fly the F14D with Su33 FM ... all time he will be connected on the server)

it would be "prefect" for modders :D

have a nice day :)

• 1 month later...

How about make new models with proper cockpit and all the bits, self installer package and uninstall, then the owner configures their game with the flyables they want. I'd probably have mostly Russian aircraft, the next guy American or French.

For online play the flyables would just have to be common AI planes for both systems, right? So have the installer default to an AI when the flyable is swapped out for another (ie. a partial uninstaller and a full one in case owner wants it completely removed).

There's no restriction on AI content?

• 2 weeks later...

ground radio communications as trigger events for example an allied convoy calling for help signaling an artillery enemy position or tanks approaching , more units stallions , UH helos for Israel , Leclerc for France , BS new stuff , Bulgarian army etc .. such addins that are rather easy to add if a booster pack for FC no more than 25E comes out honestly i would be highly interested coz in BS there are no playable SU-25

:music_whistling:All, (well at least the playable aircraft) to have the adv. Features of the su-25t

:idea:Give modders an sdk aplication that allows them the ability to add full flyable aircraft, with the ability to make cockpits for each indiviaial aircraft, with out using another for flying one. Have the abiltiy to flawlessly add other objects such as Ships. Import and export the .lom and .cmd file for swift and easy modification.

Have the tutorials or essitals to make Su-25t feature like aircraft.

Danke.

I wish...

After landing (on carrier) I can take a brake by going around ...

investigating the numerous floors of carrier. Or just sitting on the desk to see the ocean.

Hahaha..

Another thing.. when you step down from your airplane you can go to operate other vehicles as well..

such as tanks or bus or truck. and sometime when facing the enermy's infrantry

the game will become like crysis. or first person shooting game. you will need to use machinegun or pistol

inorder to make servival. Or after parachoose the game will not finish anymore you can take the bus back to

the the base and avoinding of the enermy who will come to hunt you.

Wow.. exited isn't ?

:D

Oh.. onething.. ...

everything look fine .., mods and addons look just like real thing except the buildings.. ..I wish the new version will include more realistic buildings with the detailed texture and models.

That would be just perfect isn't?

:thumbup:

I know that to add more detail on the game will have to pay cost on hardware to render but it worth to do.

for instance..

the memory to use more is about 1 GB

the memory for the grapiccard need more is about 512 MB

the cpu power to use more is about 1 Ghz

But afterall we will have a much better flight simulation game isn't?

;)

Yep, expanding modder capabilities is at the head of a big wish list for me. An application toolkit for adding flyables, the community seems happy and capable of rendering accurate models, cockpits and doubtlessly undertaking performance modelling.

The same feature could be used to modify existing modelling to reflect real world data which may have not been either deeply enough researched or available when the sim was originally made.

My biggest gripe is the Foxbat and Foxhound modelling, which in no way reflect their actual performance on paper or according to pilot account, but are arcade game generic enemy vehicles with those aircraft skins slapped on them.

The same problem seems to occur frequently with all combat flight sims, in that strict accuracy is sacrificed in order to make a computer program which falls somewhere between a flight simulator and an arcade "shoot 'em up" game in terms of the real world performance of various types. I believe too much effort is spent on the marketing aspect of generating a well balanced gaming platform for mass media, instead of addressing the marketing aspect of catering to the target audience. Certainly a smaller base of enthusiasts are prepared to pay the ridiculous contemporary price of a new computer program for an extended period, than the circa 3-month lifespan of most mass media gaming platforms at the release price, followed by a marked disinterest by all but the small batch enthusiast market (who then need to set about a modding regime to make the game a bit more of a sim).

I believe game balance can be safely excised completely whilst accurate performance modelling is introduced, and thus real world balance reintroduced through actual doctrines and model differences. It doesn't matter if a MiG-29 can outdo an F-16 in dogfight any day of the week because it doesn't stand a chance at BVR and overall low-medium altitude performance is pretty similar. A MiG-25 doesn't need to be downgraded and exaggerated so it's more like a player's F-15 because it isn't even supersonic at low altitude and the turbojets need a bit of momentum and about 30,000 feet to wind up. The balance comes in that once they do the F-15 has a pretty limited engagement opportunity, the Foxbats can enter or leave combat at will. Foxbats in game are far more like Foxhound performers on paper, but with much worse acceleration and power-weight (in which the Foxhound is also lacking, presumably the same performance modelling is being used between the two aircraft types which is way, way off).

So yeah, my big wish list is for simulator level accuracy, whether by modders introduction or an extensive game patching commitment. At the very least a patch should be provided to facilitate extensive modding.

I mean it seems so odd. The CFS programs on the market, for simulator level modding interests have an arcade style user interface, whilst for simulator style user interface use locked, hardcoded arcade modelling.

It's a conspiracy, isn't it?

I mean are we all worried about black cars and silent helicopters following us around or something, should somebody render an accurate combat flight sim one day? Schoolkids are going to start hijacking Raptors from airbases after playing it? Ze Germans will discover our secretive, widely published and easily deciphered technologies?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
I would like to see updated aircraft like the F-22, Eurofighter Typhoon, Su-35, ect.

This is not gonna happen. The timeframe is somewhere mid-nineties. For those aircrafts to be in it we'd need to advance a decade.

I'd rather see some major bugs being addressed. My favorites are fix ECM, some missile bugs and a couple of other things. A better AI would be cool, but I doubt that would happen.

• 5 weeks later...

Wish List

I was specifically asked by Detonator to compile the list of ideas in a single post. As for separating per module, thats lot of work, many idea posts contain ideas that span through Library and Play modules.