Wish List

Boneski

All tests, eh? This include Red Flag where Indian Su's flew against American F-15s? That would be included I suspect and I'd be very curious to see the data. :)

I don't really want to continue a long discussion about this but suggest readers re-examine the Red Flag data that is available.

The scenarios usually F-15s are seriously outnumbered in most engagements (and have to block fighter-bombers while dealing with many fighters) as that is how the US likes to train. Please ignore the breathless hype regarding the US 'defeats' in newspapers and read the slightly more detailed (but not by much) reports about the actual excercises. Although there is no doubt the Indian airforce gave good account of themselves (and the USAF too, of course).

Both sides also didn't use all of their ECM/ECCM/radar options (the Indians are contractually obliged not to use the 'war reserve' modes by their Russian suppliers).

So the Red Flag exercises are definitively indicative of combat performance. If anyone wants to debate this then by all means start a new thread elsewhere. Otherwise, can we please move on.

• Like 1

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I miss something...

The Tu-... out fly the B-... :doh:

Ok, now serious. Dynamic campaign should be number 1 priority. I have a dream... that one day in the distant future in a DCS or whatever it will be called environment, we will be able to chose fighter and bomber aircraft (yeah, like B-1B, B-2, Tu-22M, Tu-160, etc.). Most definitely a lot of real systems will not be available to model as they will stay secret, but still it will be great. Dynamic campaign, multiplayer madness with helis, fighters, bombers, etc. This would make the game so addictive that it probably will be banned in some countries along with the drugs. :thumbup:

I started work on a dynamic campaign for LockOn. I finished the work for analysing battles (now an online pilot stat system) and was working my way through the undocumented LockOn mission format (mostly XML but some binary stuff in there too).

With DCS the mission format has changed (all text, actually LUA code, but this is also undocumented). I hope to get my mission creation software done this year (yes, it takes a long time, plus I've been distracted by LEAVU2 etc) and bolt it on to the software I have for analysing battles. This is what gives you a dynamic campaign system :)

• 2 weeks later...
playable ground units on a 62 person server. have the basic gfx settings for anyone flying but people playing infantry have a different GFX draw distance and detail.

and

DCS: AC-130 Spectre

'taint gonna happen, it isn't feasible, or practical, seeing as FC isn't an FPS. Controllable ground vehicles however. . .that would be cool, and much more doable.

Edited by GhostDog
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t like the chaos on the runways and taxiways and I don’t believe in braking the sound barrier whilst taxing because it defeats the realism right from the start.

I would like to see improvements for the ground procedures where a player must follow a chain of instructions from the ground control in order to receive a payload service which could be organised by the ground controller and be delivered to a spot by a vehicle.

Now if the entire fleet of those vehicles gets smashed, then there’s no refuelling and the players would have to go on holyday or resort to another airbase.

Similar arrangement for the number of available aircraft per airbase and missiles per aircraft would be nice, lets say 40 missiles per aircraft taken and use them up at your own discretion, and then go on holyday, the opposing side wins and the automatic server shuts down, it doesn’t need to run a dead mission for 90 minutes once certain goals have been achieved.

These would be useful elements in the overall equation of the sim since the small key changes could make a big difference in the way it’s flown.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

I wish:

must have:

- better clouds, its looking horrible... in Black Shark too

- better and more realistic flight Model... pleaaaaase the aerobatic teams wait for

- better sounds + pilot sounds

- better looking smoke and a free color setting

- better lights (look and flashing etc.)

can have:

- better ground textures (but the mods are good enough)

- more radio chatter... its so quiet in the air...

- more aircrafts flyable... (the high quality aircrafts for fun like f-18, and more)

- raindrops on the glass... (for Black Shark please so we must use the windscreen)

- better looking sky... like better clouds more clouds better lightning...

- refueling in the air also in multiplayer available

thats all i wish =)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
You can.

With VNAO mod, for example, you can take-off from them using the Su-33 dressed as F-14D or F/A-18F.

;;;;;.

that's just wrong.. :huh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 1 month later...
that's just wrong.. :huh:

The VNAO (public) mod is available from LockOnFiles - although it is a little hard to find. You can also download the mod directly from the link on the VNAO forums page (top right):

http://www.virtualnavairops.com/forum/phpBB4/index.php

Make sure you make a backup of your "Air Force" LockOn before installing the "Navy" LockOn.

The VNAO mod contains:

F-14D and F/A-18 F meshes replacing Su-33

F-16 replacing MiG-29

Carl Vison that can be landed on.

In terms of suggestions for a future graphic upgrade....please ED...take a look at outerra engine. : http://outerra.blogspot.com/

Look at teh trees....look at the ground...the noise detail...the shading. The tree size needs to be fixed. The outerra engine has a perfect scale of trees to aircraft.

Please get some other games like IL-2 and check out the explosion effects...the particle fx and so on. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing your target go up in pieces and fire and currently the lockon engine is terrible at rendering damage. Modifying every model to include damage particle fx that fall apart might be unpractical for now...but perhaps like IL-2, you can add details to existing effects to spew metal pieces around a explosion? Also ahve a look at the new silent hunter 5 explosion effects. Truly a great job. That is the color of fire and smoke effects that would be really amazing.

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I started work on a dynamic campaign for LockOn. I finished the work for analysing battles (now an online pilot stat system) and was working my way through the undocumented LockOn mission format (mostly XML but some binary stuff in there too).

With DCS the mission format has changed (all text, actually LUA code, but this is also undocumented). I hope to get my mission creation software done this year (yes, it takes a long time, plus I've been distracted by LEAVU2 etc) and bolt it on to the software I have for analysing battles. This is what gives you a dynamic campaign system :)

I wish you good luck with this venture and I hope that you will be able to get it released this year, because what is LOMAC (offline) mainly lacking for me are good campaigns - there are a few of them and because of their linear nature they do not offer much replayability.