Wish List

Boneski

That we could add more than just 1 CLIENT per Flight Group.

Now, if you add planes to the group, can only be AVERAGE, EXCELLET, etc... but not CLIENT.

That´s a shame for creating flight groups consisting in humans.

Female Journalist to Churchill: If I were your wife, I´d put poison in your coffee.

Churchill´s answer: If you were my wife, I´D DRINK IT!

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Additional Models

I would like to see the following vehicles available in ME:

SCUD Transporter Erector Launcher

FROG Transporter Erector Launcher

SS25 TEL (see http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/ss-25-tel-mobile-icbm-launcher-and-shelter/)

This would add greatly to mission possibilities ie SCUD hunting etc in A10.

Cheers

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Russian HDD (head down display-HUD repetitor?!?

Hello to all

Is there any possibility that in the future the HDD in russian cockpits (Su-27,Mig-29) will be correctly displayed? As i know it is more or less just a HUD repetitor, it does not offer the possibilty of a AWACS view with all waypoints displayed, enemys positions.....I think it would add great depth into reality. If the dev. are thinking of some future correction i hope they will not missed this one, it is a very old "bug"....from Flanker 1.0 to these days. I think on the net you can find many pictures about it, also in your pdf manual a covering page ofa topic has proper HDD displayed how it really looks like.

I don't know you guys but this is also one BIG advantage over the F-15 in the sim...:smartass:, the God's eye view.

Thanks, great sim, anyway.

The Su-27 does have a tactical display function on the HDD. The MiG-29 does not. However, the two aircraft share the avionics code in Lock-On. If either is modeled in the future as part of the DCS series, it will definitely be as accurate as can get.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Thanks for the response

I agree, but in very very few occasion i have read that a kind of tactical display is aveliable in the Su-27. These claims were very few (more or less on forums) and without some strong confirmation (book, link, pictures, pilots's words, disclosed technical data). It is just my oppinion but i strongly believe that it would be far better to remove this feature from both, Mig-29 and Su-27, than to leave it in both systems, or to give a option (switch) to choose between them (hud repetitor or tactical display). Since they share the code, this feature-option could be in both aircrafts (Su-27, Mig-29)

If you have some open source to confirm the aveliability of a tactical display in the Su-27 please let me know.

I know, you are working hard, and you did a fantastic sim, take this just as a future issue to be addressed or at least to give the possibility to choose (repetitor vs tactical dispaly).

Thanks again and all the best for the future :thumbup:

Hey

I am not saying to remove it, just give a option to choose between thes two modes, one less realistic like it is now and it is just fine, and one as close as possible to the real one, that's all.

I always fly the Flanker, but honestly, regarding the situational-space awarness, they have a huge (non realistic) advantage when flying with an AWACS over the F-15:pilotfly:

Suhoj27

The Su27SK manual clearly shows a tactical display including waypoints and lines joining the tracks on the MFD together with other data ... here you go

su27sknavdisp.jpg

Edited by IvanK
  • Like 1

It is the correct version; if anything it would be downgraded from Su-27S.

Hello Ivan

Thanks for the great picture and info. Is always nice to see these details...but, we are not talking about the same plane.

http://www.knaapo.ru/eng/products/military/su-27sk.wbp

It is an export, upgraded-superior version of that in the sim (basic Su-27)

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well guys, i think that the page 22 (it is a Flanker cockpit) on your pdf

FC 2 manual clearly shows what is missing in the sim. It tells more than all specifications...:) Now, i can not debate what are the differences between sk, s and so on, since i am not a pilot or member of a technical flanker stuff. Nevertheless, the statement on the official Knaapo page is not so clear regarding the similarity between sk and s.

"The Su-27SK single-seat multi-role fighter is an export version of the Su-27 fighter that has been serially produced since 1991."

"Flight and navigation data is indicated on the MFD and HUD, and on the other cockpit instruments as well." I understand this statement as an improvment over the basic version.

"Su-27SK can carry up to..... six RVV-AE medium-range active radar-homing missiles"

And we know that the basic Flanker could not fire the R-77. So, if all these modifications were done, it is quite plausible to assume that also the navigational and tactical display system had been upgraded or at least modified.

Not to forget, on some video the SK model has also the inflight refueling capability....A further upgrade on request?

bye :smilewink:

It is not. The flanker always had the FDL. As for the SK, I believe we have documents of even older versions without upgraded radars. In addition there are non-shareable docs as well.

In any case, FC2 is a light/survey sim. Expect more accuracy in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Just an additional info about the topic:

http://sukhoitributeenglish.blogspot.com/2008/07/interview-with-alexander-v-pulenko-test.html

Here is an interview with a russian test pilot who said about Su-27sk:

"After finishing my training in 1995, I returned to KnAAPO. At that time, the first Su-27´s, dedicated to export, were being delivered to our first customers. Because I had already flown in this type of aircraft while in the Air Force, I went to fly this variant. This aircraft is extremely agile and has exceptional power.

The export version is known as SU-27SK (Serial and Commerce) and differs from the Russian version basically by the equipment on board. The main job of this aircraft is air supremacy, as well as patrol and interception. They have long range and the armament includes air-to-air missiles and long and medium range air-to-ground missiles as well.

By the way, this was the plane that had greater commercial success, in comparison with other Russian aircraft during the 90´s.

Some sites can be misleading or just downright wrong. I find this site to be rather good as to the Su-27 and variants.

http://www.milavia.net/aircraft/su-27/su-27_variants.htm

The Su-27SK manual is indeed close to what we have in game (Though what GGTharos states is true, Russia has always downgraded all of its equipment for export).

We did have the Su-27P (without A2G) in Lock-On 1.0-1.02 but since 1.1 Flaming Cliffs we have the Su-27S variant.

Su-27SK - export version of Su-27S, N001E radar, modified IFF system, payload upgraded to 8,000 kg, strengthened front wheel and different tyres for the main gear. Gardenia ECM system optional instead of the Sorbitsya. Also with various localization options.
The upgrade proposal for the Export version, based on the Su-27SK export model.

Su-27SMK - Proposed modernized export version based on the Su-27SK variant incorporating some of the improvements of the Su-27K and Su-27M. Phase I: increase internal fuel capacity to 9965 kg by fitting larger fuel cells, enable two 2,000 litre drop tanks, retractable refueling probe, increase number of hardpoints from 10 to 12, and modified N001M radar with R-77 capability. Phase II: integration of guided air-to-surface weapons and externally mounted weapons control system pod. Additional options included the Zhuk-27 radar, uprated engines, upgraded FBW control system and canards. One prototype converted by KnAAPO in 1995 from Su-27SK fitting the IFR probe.
Su-27SMK

Second try for a multi-role Su-27SK, largely similar to the earlier Su-27SMK. Instead of Zhuk-27 radar, it is fitted with the N001VEP radar and firecontrol system, which has identical capabilities as the Zhuk-27 system. The cockpit is similar to the Su-30MKK with a third MFD.

The Russian proposed upgrade

Su-27SM Russian domestic version of the Su-30MK2-based SMK mid-life upgrade, with N001V radar which has an additional search/detection mode with greater range. Entering service today.
Su-27SM2 Stage two of the Su-27SM upgrade program. The Su-27SM2 upgrade package on offer to the Russian air force includes the NIIP Irbis radar, weapons system and engines of the Su-27BM (Su-35).
The Su-27 did not have the capability for the R-77 until these proposed upgrades.

Hope this helps.

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.

Just today i found on youtube this very nice video from a cockpit of a

Mig-29, nevertheless, the CRT is shown during working (close combat mode with IRST). Great video. It is a little bit off topic, but very rarely is possible to see these details.

:thumbup:

On that video is Mig-29UB and his main purpose is to to prepare new pilots for flying on the real stuff. On the second seat pilot do not have HUD so that's why all stuff's from the HUD are projected on that MDD. Also the UB version do not have radar.

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

I really wait to see that what new patch for 2.0 brings to us after you crippled Russian planes totally, specially SU 27 and SU 33 which are mostly useless in your measure of so-called "realism" After that if stays the same I will quit flying LO forever. You "promo" for platinum editon is AGAIN filled with F-15 and A-10 in first place as something "superior" Are they really? I red about F-15's 104-0 but you didnt tell to ppl what that mighty morphin power rangers aircraft shot down really.

Here is a list:

F-15A downed 13 Syrian MiG-21 and two Syrian MiG-25, 40 Syrian jet fighters 23 MiG-21 and 17 MiG-23 and one Syrian SA.342L Gazelle helicopter. F-15C pilots shot down two F-4E Phantom II flown by the Iranian Air Force , and shot down two Iraqi Mirage F1s during the Gulf War.

According to the USAF, its F-15Cs had 34 confirmed kills of Iraqi aircraft during the 1991 Gulf War, mostly by missile fire: 5 MiG-29, 2 MiG-25, 8 MiG-23, 2 MiG-21, 2 Su-25, 4 Su-22" 1 Su-7, 6 Mirage F1s, 1 Il-76 cargo plane, 1 Pilatus PC-9 trainer, and 2 Mi-8 helicopters.

U.S. Army UH-60 Black Hawks were downed by USAF F-15Cs who thought they were Iraq Hinds in the Northern no-fly zone of Iraq in a friendly fire incident.

USAF F-15Cs shot down four Yugoslav MiG-29A using AIM-120 missiles during NATO's 1999 intervention in Kosovo (according to that I am Serbian I know those 4 Migs were A version without working radars or SPO outdated planes in very balanced engagement 400 against 4)

Is that superiority you are talking about??? Is that a reason you are not giving to community countries involved as India and China with there SU 27 versions? Is that a reason you dont allow active missiles to SU 27 and SU 33 as inpropriate???

I must say I expected much more from ED as someone who has more then 500 flying hours in LO per year for last 4 years (which is much much more then any pilots i know) and as leader of 45 member (pilots) squadron. I didn't expect you will make wishes come true only for half of community, and totaly ignore people which flying Russian planes.

I didn't post here to say any wish coz I dont believe you will want to hear any. I wanted to say, I am very dissopointed after I dedicated 4 years of my life to LO. One buddy from one known squadron said to me soon: I love to fly and F 15 and SU's, but when I fly F 15 and other ppl fly SU's, they cant enjoy this game anymore. If they can't anymore, I can't enjoy too. I can't fly alone. He chellanged anyone of F 15 pilots to fly against him with SU 27. Nobody accepted, guess why????? So ED ppl, think again before you break a part this small community. Think again where this leads to.

I've said whats on my mind and whats in my heart. You can ban me on forums - I dont care, but after all this time and expirience I earned, I clearly see whats going on here. Some ppl wants "reality", some are looking for fun, some ppl want to make falcon 4 from LO, some just want something to be better then other, and to say "I killed you". Being pilot thro history was about to have honor in first place, to give opportunity to oponent for fair fight. When I stop to see that in LO I will quit flying. With 2.0 you bring to community ultimatum. Fly superior F 15 with incredable AIM 120C almighty or DIE and be sitting duck. All your promo's and pics screaming that. Since I don't want to fly F 15, I guess this game is over for me forever.

And for the end, maybe I have one wish after all I saw lately, which is unique and impossible. Bring back old good 1.12 to us, because I forget how is to have fun. I would raither play Sims with my lil daughter then be downgraded for mighty rangers noobs spammers in F 15. Wish ya all best

Edited by blackgruya
  • Like 1

One general joystick/HOTAS config/profile for all aircraft, as in 1.12.

Sometimes profiles load wrong, and its a lot of work programming each aircraft seperately.

One profile for all aircraft, which you can modify later........:thumbup:

You can do this manually... However results will vary depending on the aircraft so may require some tweaking.

Create the profile for your aircraft, say the 27 and then you can copy the joystick folder from the /Config/Input/Aircrafts/su-27/ to the 29 and the 33. However don't copy the keyboard folder. The only thing you will lose in the this process for example is that you won't be able to assign a joystick button to the arrestor hook for the -33, without editing the defualt.lua in the Joystick folder. Use Notepad ++ or something and simply remove the -- comment markers that are in front of the Tail Hook entry in there.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.