Laser bombs with TGP

Kirbs454

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as we can conclude if you ramp start on a server the laser guided bombs with the TGP are not working. If you ramp in single player off line or start in the air it works, but we have had no success hitting targets with LGB and TGP ramp starting on our server.

edit: sorry I see Drillin already posted this.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

No. Just tried them after updating and the release timer is still way too late.

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

This was in SP - hot start, that I tried it this morning.

Obious: Looks like they changed it now so you just click it on and off. No need to hold it anymore.

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

I can grantee that I just came from my own online server and the GBU-12 of GBU-16 is not latching too the laser designator on MP - sadly this issue wasn't fixed.

Edited by Gh0st007

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

:thumbup:

SP or MP, I have zero issues using GBU-12's in auto. WPT deselected and target assigned with TGP and level delivery above 20k ft.

That includes cold start.

Weird issue indeed.

Yes, but you pushing nose down before release, right? In that case it works, yes...but in normal situation LGBs are still buget, they can't catch the laser spot. Just tried it.

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Laser latching is working fine for me, but I have one question: when I’m latched onto a moving vehicle in point track mode, I lose my latch on it when the TGP flips 180 when going over top. Is this realistic behavior?

As for the auto mode, yeah, not sure why some of us are having this problem and others aren’t. My release cue doesn’t drop until I’m literally like right over top of the target causing an overshoot.

Laser latching is working fine for me, but I have one question: when I’m latched onto a moving vehicle in point track mode, I lose my latch on it when the TGP flips 180 when going over top. Is this realistic behavior?

As for the auto mode, yeah, not sure why some of us are having this problem and others aren’t. My release cue doesn’t drop until I’m literally like right over top of the target causing an overshoot.

What is laser latching?

I was using “latching” as referring to using point track to lase a moving vehicle. Latching = When it “sticks” to the vehicle and tracks it.

I was using “latching” as referring to using point track to lase a moving vehicle. Latching = When it “sticks” to the vehicle and tracks it.

Got it, but this was working fine even before the update. For me only AUTO mode isnt working.

So yours doesn’t stop tracking the vehicle when the pod 180s?

It should loose track as the TPOD has no idea in which direction or where the target was being tracked is moving. I believe the targeting pod will focus back on the last known coordinates of where the target was before site was lost once the aircraft has come around

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

+1 on the second paragraph.

What’s the preferred technique then to make sure your bomb gets there before you 180 the pod, throttle back and S-turn?

+1 on the second paragraph.

I thinks its a same for me too...my release cue is always when im in top on the TGT, which means overshoot and LGB cant spot a laser. I cant uderstand also why someone dont have that problem, and other, like myself does. Its some kind of strange.

I have tried every recommendation on this thread...no joy. Looks like no targeting pod for GBUs for me in the time being.

However, I will continue to use the targeting pod with the Maverick F.

Its same for me. Tried everything, step by step and I`ve watched every tutorial video...still AUTO mode for LGBs dont works for me. I just cant explain why. I even done a repair, and nothing has changed.

Its same for me. Tried everything, step by step and I`ve watched every tutorial video...still AUTO mode for LGBs dont works for me. I just cant explain why. I even done a repair, and nothing has changed.

It is very frustrating. Hope there is a fix soon...was hoping today.

For those willing to use a workaround, I’ve been doing this with 95%+ success:

1. Start in AUTO and designate the target as usual.

2. When the release timer hits 15-20 seconds, switch to CCIP

3. Immediately pickle, then lase.

Allows you to maintain level flight and drop in the same manner as AUTO mode, just with an couple extra button pushes.

Edited by ArcLite