Laser bombs with TGP

Kirbs454

After much further testing I can confirm that the Auto bombing mode is totally borked. My bombs release well after where they should, and have no chance to catch the laser or turn towards the target. The ONLY time I managed to score a hit was when I managed to switch to CCIP and manually pickle and the bomb managed to track and guide perfectly. I is not always possible to switch from AUTO to CCIP for some bizarre reason, so this is not a failsafe solution. We will need to wait for ED to fix this. If you run into the same issue, the good news is that JDAMs in TOO mode is your new best friend.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After much further testing I can confirm that the Auto bombing mode is totally borked. My bombs release well after where they should, and have no chance to catch the laser or turn towards the target. The ONLY time I managed to score a hit was when I managed to switch to CCIP and manually pickle and the bomb managed to track and guide perfectly. I is not always possible to switch from AUTO to CCIP for some bizarre reason, so this is not a failsafe solution. We will need to wait for ED to fix this. If you run into the same issue, the good news is that JDAMs in TOO mode is your new best friend.

For me lasing via TGP for LGBs sometimes works, sometimes not...yes, may be there are a bugs, but remember that TGP is very WIP still.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

i easily fixed this with binding the boat switch for example as a extra trigger. makes lasing a brease :joystick:

Not a bad idea really. Not realistic but...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm convinced it's tied to custom missions from old patches. I've had this happen before with different aircraft. Where weapons deployment isn't accurate after a patch. I make a new custom mission and everything deploys fine. Nothing I try in my old miz files fixes the issue. I'll post one when I get home to see if anyone else gets the same behavior.

• ED Team
hello a question about the laser codes as Im going to play with lgb's for the 1st time ever tonight. Can you enter any 4 digit code or are there specific codes I need to be using?

currently I think it is 1111 - 1688 but this may change as development progresses.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

we currently have a bug reported for laser guided bombs dropped from high altitude overshooting due to not catching the laser.

Thanks for confirming that. My own GBU12s hit their target fine when launched from 20k ft ish, but always overshoot when dropped from 30k+ ft.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I'm convinced it's tied to custom missions from old patches. I've had this happen before with different aircraft. Where weapons deployment isn't accurate after a patch. I make a new custom mission and everything deploys fine. Nothing I try in my old miz files fixes the issue. I'll post one when I get home to see if anyone else gets the same behavior.

I think you're right. I just made a new mission. Three drops with solid AUTO releases and different altitudes. 9k, 15k, 22k 3 for 3.

Also that the bomb mode defaults to AUTO when you make a new mission. Before it said CCIP and stayed in CCIP until target designate. For anyone who has this AUTO drop issue, try this and report back.

One thing I noticed though is the TTI counter is about 1 second behind. It will go to zero then impact about 1 second later.

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

If you open and re-save your custom missions after the patch does that not help either?

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

If you open and re-save your custom missions after the patch does that not help either?

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

I just tried that and it didn't work for me. It has to be a brand new one. It also didn't cause the radar to break as well. At least for me it was still functional. I did two mavericks and four bombs using the zoom and radar was still working after I switched back to radar.

ATTENTION:

For those having LGB AUTO issues and broken radar. Try making a new custom mission. You can't simply rename it or re-save. It must be brand new. Try it and report back here. Let BIGNEWY know your results.

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

the solution in auto is to drop the nose at your aircraft 8-9 degrees before pickle and stay there continue untill the bomb hit the target while lasing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Or just do it like normal. Level and flat.

it doesnt work for me level on auto

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Maybe people that run mods are having issues like last update?

I did a repair before. It didn’t solve it. Only way was just to make a new mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did a repair before. It didn’t solve it. Only way was just to make a new mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I found the same. Bombs work great for the mission I created for TPOD training. Saw the mission thing and started having the same issues as being reported here on old missions. Even on missions that were built after the last big update a couple months ago.

hello a question about the laser codes as Im going to play with lgb's for the 1st time ever tonight. Can you enter any 4 digit code or are there specific codes I need to be using?

1/1 or 2/X/X is the format, so you have a pretty high number to choose from.

6D80k38.jpg

it doesnt work for me level on auto

Are you using an old mission or a mission you made after Tpod update?

I have now tested with old and new missions - no difference, still missing by a large margin. I then tried an air-start instead of full startup (I always do full startup), and this seems to work. In saying that that, with the air start, the Waypoint box on the lower display is unboxed, waypoint zero is set, and there is no active waypoint sequence.

I vaguely remember Spudknocker on his YT video suggesting there could be a conflict between the mission waypoints and the waypoint set by target designation with the TGP. I will try another groundstart and leave the nav page as is.