Laser bombs with TGP

Kirbs454

Because we are bombing targets designated with the TPOD. Not waypoints. However the TPOD is making the tgt point elevation the same as whatever the nearby waypoint is. As it is right now you can’t have any steer points at an assigned elevation. You have to change them all to zero because you don’t know which steer point it is going to grab when you designate the target.

You answered the question I was about to ask. I will go back and change all waypoints to zero, not just the nearest waypoint. Thanks

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sir, are my hero. Going to HSI, then DATA. WPT, UFC and set ELEV to zero does the trick!

Don’t give me credit lol. NoJoe post #90 of this thread figured it out 9 days ago. The subsequent posts after that was some testing and like 100 more posts trying to tell everyone this was the issue. Too bad you missed it, could have been hitting targets for over a week lol.

Sting,

Typically I don’t go in and edit missions to place waypoints on individual targets. I use waypoints for navigation, find and then designate targets. So for those of us who fly a flight plan with waypoints eg. Wp 1 =5000 ft, wp 2 cruise 30,000ft, wp 3 fence in, wp 4 ip 20,000 ft, wp 5 egress/cruise 30,000 ft, the pod uses the elevation of the nearest waypoint to compute the release cue. So we have to change all the above waypoints to 0 agl, cause even if they are on a hill at 1500 asl, they are still 0 agl, and the compute works for the release point. You can’t enter the asl of the target if you don’t know where the targets are. Which I don’t. I leave ground units hidden on the f10 map and find them visually.

Laser bombs with TGP

Bingo, me too. The waypoint altitude is affecting the Auto release geometry, even when the waypoint is not selected as a target waypoint. That shouldn’t be happening.

That for sure is a bug.

Kudos for Nojoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Is bombing on moving targets with Point-Track still WIP?

I'm able to Point-Track moving targets but the LGB's never hit....only works if the targets are stationary.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Is bombing on moving targets with Point-Track still WIP?

I'm able to Point-Track moving targets but the LGB's never hit....only works if the targets are stationary.

Update your lock for auto release point calculation, as it is a static point even if target is moving and tracked with Tpod (I don't know if it's wip or not, but probably yes).

• 2 weeks later...

I think I recall someone from ED saying that the Hornet doesn't have the SPI logic that the A-10C does, thus the TGT cannot be continously tied to the TGP LOS, in the case it's tracking a moving target. Don't quote me on that though, my memory is is hazy on who actually said that.

What I do when I want to hit a moving target is that I update the TGT point frequently when approaching my release point and I drop with a small amount of lead angle. Works pretty well for me.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro