Laser bombs with TGP

Kirbs454

But the tgp does set the elevation for jdams correctly.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the closest (even if not close to the target) WP's elevation as a reference for LGB makes very little sense to me. This behaviour only impacts LGB, as said, not JDAMs and I see no reason why the behaviour would be so different. Flying a mission without setting any WP makes bombing perfectly accurate.

By the way, it's OK to set a waypoint at 20000 ft above the target in real life, and a dive to a target is not really safe when delivering standoff weapons :)

I'll leave the general comment here about how specific planes are actually getting the correct HOT (height over target) for specific types of weapon delivery profiles is pretty dodgy (read that as heavily abstracted) depending on the aircraft we are talking about.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If the procedure is different than every other plane in DCS then we should just be notified. I never saw anything from Wags stating that arbitrary waypoints for navigation had any effect on ground target attack minus using Wpdsg for too mode with GPS weapons. If the pod is linked to NAV regardless of using the waypoint designate feature then fine. We just need to know. But that’s probably why old Ed missions and user missions were broke and making new missions fixed the problem. Because a lot of the Ed missions have air waypoints for navigation and if one of those was still selected say the point right before the IP and you didn’t scroll to the next point because you could see the target area, then the weapons wouldn’t work. I have a hard time believing that in the stock missions we have to go into every mission and change every waypoint to ground level to get the GBU’s to function properly.

The waypoint data should matter only if you are using WPDSG to set up your TGT point. Using the TGP to set up a point with TDC Depress should take that point's coordinates as the target's coordinates, including MSL elevation.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The waypoint data should matter only if you are using WPDSG to set up your TGT point. Using the TGP to set up a point with TDC Depress should take that point's coordinates as the target's coordinates, including MSL elevation.

That’s what I thought as well. So, hopefully thanks to everyone in this thread, it makes it easier for ED to pinpoint the issue.

I tested it and now I saw it myself, if a nearby waypoint is not on ground level, it affects both the AUTO delivery as well as the DUD cue with TGP target designation, even if the waypoint is not selected. I just hadn't been in this situation myself before, because I use waypoints on ground elevation as reference points for A/G missions.

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Somebody better go make a bug report then :)

Just deselecting wypt from ampcd seems to fix it. I got 9 good hits with GBU-16 then ran into a problem where the laser would fire for about a second and then stop. I was holding the trigger down too. Once that started happening I tried spamming the trigger and got one to miss by about 30 ft. Not sure what happened there???

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.

I did some tests. All in the same map, same altitude, speed, meteorological conditions, with targets designated using the TGP. Having a nav waypoint nearby, with WYPT boxed or unboxed (WPDSG not used) causes the GBU to be at an altitude of approximately 3000ft + WP elevation at TTI-1 sec. With no waypoints in the mission, the GBU hits the target. With a waypoint nearby it misses if the WP elevation is too high (with a nav WP @ 6500ft it never picks up the laser). The distance to the target at the time of release is the same (~5.3nm flying at 25k ft @ 350kt) for all tests.

No luck with the Laser and GBU.

Hi to All.

I need some help here.

I dropped a lot of LGBU on harrier but in this plane, the bombs flew over the target and the laser was not detected. The other problem I'm having is: I can't change the laser code on the FLIR page.

The UFC is boxed on FLIR page, the laser option is selected on the UFC, the code is entered but after pressing ENT it flashes 4 or 5 times an then return to 1688, I can't enter a different code (i tried on the LSS code too and the same result). So I decided to use the 1688 default code in the Bomb and FLIR but again, the trigger option is boxed, the LGBU is in auto mode, the target is selected and locked, the laser was fired and the bomb flew over the target without laser lock.

Any suggestions?

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Just deselecting wypt from ampcd seems to fix it. I got 9 good hits with GBU-16 then ran into a problem where the laser would fire for about a second and then stop. I was holding the trigger down too. Once that started happening I tried spamming the trigger and got one to miss by about 30 ft. Not sure what happened there???

I will try the no WYPT option in the Krasnodar ground attack.

Cool find.

I set all waypoints to 0ft AGL and now GBU's hit everytime, even at 30.000 ft with the TGP.

Same here :)

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

I will try the no WYPT option in the Krasnodar ground attack.

IT WORKS!!! Don’t select the WYPT option in the HSI.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Hello everyone! Please, there is a good soul that can list the procedure for using an LGB with the Litening. I followed the tutorials on Youtube and they turned out to be completely useless. I would prefer that, together with these tutorials (domesticated), there should be a .pdf file with the procedures. I know, I'm old-fashioned but, as it happens, when I read guides (as well as Chuck's), everything is crystal clear to me!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Hello everyone! Please, there is a good soul that can list the procedure for using an LGB with the Litening. I followed the tutorials on Youtube and they turned out to be completely useless. I would prefer that, together with these tutorials (domesticated), there should be a .pdf file with the procedures. I know, I'm old-fashioned but, as it happens, when I read guides (as well as Chuck's), everything is crystal clear to me!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Fast answer: AUTO mode is buget, CCIP mode works pretty fine. I hope we will have hotfix soon for AUTO mode.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Wags has a written, printable procedure in the mini updates for the TGP

Don't use waypoints on HSI and tip the nose of the plane down about 8-10 degrees, 10 seconds before the drop, then it works! :)

With WYPT deselected, there is no need to dip the nose.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

After playing with the Tgt Pod and GBU-12s, the only way I was able to hit my targets was by switching to CCIP around 30 seconds on the Auto and pickle. After pickle, slow down significantly to allow the Tgt Pod to maintain laser lock and press/hold trigger.