BS Anticipation?

In the begining BS was a helicopter sim that the hardcore A-A and A-G pilots would not be that interested in. Back in some threads a long time a go. Now it seems everyone is PUSHING ED to get this Sim that most pilots in Lockon were just curious about and hoping for improvements to the LOFC FM etc. It is somewhat apparent that BS will possibly be a stand alone sim. Not etched in stone, or a LOBS. I just don't understand the rush for BS. We all know what happens when things get rushed. Hell, it will probably still have growing pains anyway rushed or not. Is the appeal of most Lockon simmers shifting to a helocopter sim? If you are interested in BS, it will come. I just wonder if we are going to lose our A-A and A-G simmers, as it looks for online play it will be either LOFC or LOBS or even BS(dare I say). Yes I am curious as well but my heart is with fixed wing. I have a good system but I Think BS will put quite a strain on it. Will not be able to use all eyecandy. Now don't jump, this is good, it means we have a really nicely done sim. with great detail. For a lot of us it will mean an upgrade to take full advantage of BS, this is always the case when we ask for more and receive it in BS. Just hope LOFC keeps on truckun, is my concern. We have great modders that are making LOFC the envy of Flight Sims. God bless their commitment. I also see modders doing mods for A/C for BS and hoping and in some cases being accepted for input to BS. I hope these modders will also let the model arrive in LOFC as well. I guess my point in all this is I hope LOFC is not forgotten by the community and especially those very talented modders who are making LOFC a sim to be reckoned with. Forgive all the babble. Cheers.

There's wisdom in those words, rattler. No more agreed I can be. My expectations about BS are huge but I'm not leaving LO as as soon as it is released. And I personally don't see many LO fighter pilots jumping on a chopper and leaving behind more than 4 years of LO.

LO is a masterpiece and what I like the most about it is its fans who had built a community as if it were a big squad struggling against its outdating and flaws and putting a big effort giving the game some breath day after day so it doesn't fall into forsaken.

So far the game has been tremendeously enhanced and still requires some beefy raw power from our hardware trying to keep up these days demands.

There's something about this game that keeps you hooked, I dont know if it's either the lack of combat flight sims or its flexibility but I just can't see any other to be its equal.

Many thanks to the dedicated modders and contributors. Long life to Lock On.

Cheers

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

i sure hope BS will not be stand alone. It may just leave FC alone in it's dust. I'm not only looking forward to the helo, but the improvements to lock on! If BS is stand alone... well, i will be very disappointed...

I agree with you rattler and 7rooper: long live lock on!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

i sure hope BS will not be stand alone. It may just leave FC alone in it's dust.

Why would it? It's almost a completely different thing - fixed wing and heli. I don't know about you, but I sure as hell won't stop playing with LO after BS comes out. Actually, I'd prefer it to be a stand alone product.

Anyway, I agree with the OP, hopefully modders will not forget LO and FC after BS arrives...

I'm interested in BS because I'm a huge rotorhead. The only reason I fly LO:FC is to fly with some squad mates on their training missions (formation work and gunzo BFM). I have no interest in fixed wing combat operations in LO in its current state. For that I go to Falcon.

And I'm anxious because we rotorheads have been left out in the cold for far too long.

Rotorheads Rule!

I'm anxious because we rotorheads have been left out in the cold for far too long.

You can say that again. I install EECH from time to time to get my rotor hit. I CAN wait for Black Shark, because I know the wait will be worth it. The way I look at it is, the longer it takes the better the product will be. But don't get me wrong,"I'm hanging BIG Time." Got some pedals the other day, just for Black Shark.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

It will be dissapointing IMHO if BS is a stand alone. Personally I have little interest in the chopper, but I would have purchased the product anyway in order to maintain currency with the online community. It would have been awesome to see some chopper action amongst the fast jets in the multiplayer Red Flag's we've been seeing, but personally I would have stuck to the fast jets for the most part.

Hopefully BS does not take too many from the LOFC online community.

The reason I personally am looking forward to it comming out is so that ED can begin work on the needed "1.13" patch for A2A missiles :-D

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

The question is how is going on Black Shark multiplayer case? There will be flyable planes or not at single player? It'll be combined with Lock-On or not about multiplayer option? I'm curious about them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

I'm only interested in BS for the improvments it will bring to FC. I only fly the A10 and F15. If BS is stand alone, I will pass on it.

In my opinion I don't expect something too much about FC with Black Shark release. Maybe new 3D plane models also some make up that's all, but how about plane real aerodynamics against nature physic rules, AMRAAM bug case and so on? I hope that ED will make us a big new year surpise.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

I'm almost sure that improvements to FC won't be included in BS....

I'm guessing that there really hasn't even been a decision made yet whether or not to release BS as a stand alone or include the fast movers...

Anyway its going to be what it is, I personally don't care at this point ...

What ever Ed decides to do is fine with me... No matter what you say its their decision to make... They're the professionals and its their product...

But anyway it looks to me like we'll most probably see the release some time next year.... There seems to be a lot of work to do yet ....

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I'm only interested in BS for the improvments it will bring to FC. I only fly the A10 and F15. If BS is stand alone, I will pass on it.

I agree with you.

About the BS multiplayer panorama ...I'm curious too. What is it gonna be like?

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

"What ever Ed decides to do is fine with me... No matter what you say its their decision to make... They're the professionals and its their product..."

But we are the buyers!!, so some wishes shouldn't be ignored

There are lot's of questions and answers in this forum, but we don't have a lot of official response from ED itself, maybe if there were more communication with

us things could be more clear of what to expect from BS.

(My only true wish, a new 3d model of the SU27/33, because this bird stood at the beginning of this great sim)

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Somehow they pay more attention to the topics in russian. I don't understand a single word in russian but I can see far more feedback from ED members in those forums than in these. What do they discuss? features, wishes..? I just dont know.

My rig specs:

"What ever Ed decides to do is fine with me... No matter what you say its their decision to make... They're the professionals and its their product..."

But we are the buyers!!, so some wishes shouldn't be ignored

There are lot's of questions and answers in this forum, but we don't have a lot of official response from ED itself, maybe if there were more communication with

us things could be more clear of what to expect from BS.

(My only true wish, a new 3d model of the SU27/33, because this bird stood at the beginning of this great sim)

Ultimately, if ED can make *enough* money by selling a sim they want to make . . . . then they'll make that.

In this case, 1C Games in Russia presented a project for ED based on the success of a film starring the Ka50 in Russia. ED thought they could make money from it, and accepted the project. It's that simple.

Somehow they pay more attention to the topics in russian. I don't understand a single word in russian but I can see far more feedback from ED members in those forums than in these. What do they discuss? features, wishes..? I just dont know.

same thing happens with other sims made by Russians, the Russian forums have more new info first. But that doens't bother meet, it goes both ways... if it's important it gets to us soon enough..

:thumbup:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

In this case, 1C Games in Russia presented a project for ED based on the success of a film starring the Ka50 in Russia. ED thought they could make money from it, and accepted the project. It's that simple.

Thank you, i didn't know that!

So if i'm right the Russian market is more important to ED (1C) then the

global market?

Nevertheless i will buy BS afterall:)

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

I will most likely buy it too, but i'll definitely get it right away if it's an add on. I know there won't be any improvements to the original planes, but at least more bugs will be squashed.

I'm also curious about the AIM-120A vs the C thing people keep talking about...

I still believe it will be an add on.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

global market?

Well, I never understood this argument: how possibly could you sell a hardcore sim to people who got enthousiast by a film series?

I could fully understand that you could sell this audience an easy GAME with the Ka-50. But a sim so complex that most of us will not even be able to start the helo from idle without a steep learning curve?

And how about the two-year delay? Is the film even still fresh in memory?

So no, it is NOT that simple to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What is very simple is that this is their choice, and it isn't changing.

As for a steep learning curve to start the chopper...I think not.

Flying it well maybe. Starting it? No. That's what checklists are for.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

global market?

Not necessarily more important - but it was a Russian publisher that approached ED with the project, so they were certainly the first publisher to show any interest in distributing a new flight sim.

American and European publishers were nowhere to be seen . . . . as I'm sure you'll remember, Ubisoft dropped ED and Lomac some time ago . . .

I really don't know if 1C assumed the Ka50 would be modelled to this level of detail. But there is an easy flight and radar mode if you want to use it, and a lot of people probably will. Hardcore simmers will appreciate the hardcore modelling, too.

Regarding a two-year delay affecting interest in an aircraft . . . . I have just two words to add here:

Top Gun.

I rest my case :D

I dont understand the " stand alone product panic " all over this forums. ( not for you Blaze )

Right now OFFICIAL info about this could be read in the main page.

""Lock On: Black Shark" is the next add-on to the "Lock On: Modern Air Combat" flight simulator series. Unlike previous Lock On player-controlled aircraft, Black Shark now allows players to fly a combat helicopter – the Russian Ka-50 Black Shark. "

" There will be both a download and CD version. For both versions:

* If you already have Flaming Cliffs, it will add all the 1.2 content.

* If you don't have Flaming Cliffs, it will upgrade Lock On to 1.2 standard but it will not include the Su-25T and Flaming Cliffs missions and campaigns. "

Nothing more clear and nothing to add from me until news from ED.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4