Su-22M4 comming to DCS

Go to solution Solved by SVKSniper,

49 minutes ago, Nipil said:

Su-22 by AviaStorm confirmed?

Stop making things up. :biggrin: To clarify that: 

SVKSniper has joined us with his expertise to help make the Tornado the best Tornado possible. He is a very skilled 3D Artist and we are happy to have him with us. 

The SU-22M4 is however still SVKSniper's project, not ours. If we can support him with FREE resources and/or contacts we will, but it is still his baby and he will continue working on it.

I hope this clears the air a little bit on the relationship between SKV and AviaStorm. 

Edited by OPEC
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

This is really strange situation. SVKSniper not finished his work on Su-22 after his problems with health, people support the project, but someone decide to cancel all he already done? Seriously not understood situation about Su-22. Can anyone explain wtf it was?😶

• Like 1

The author himself answered on the previous page that his Su-22 work is not "cancelled", you won't get a better confirmation than that.

Silver_Dragon just removed note about Su-22 project "by SVKSniper" from his unofficial DCS Roadmap, because Sniper has joined Aviastorm, but it has nothing to do with the project itself.

What Sniper does in his spare time and what he wants (or is allowed by NDA) to reveal to us is his business, but the project doesn't seem abandoned to me.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

23 hours ago, Logan54 said:

This is really strange situation. SVKSniper not finished his work on Su-22 after his problems with health, people support the project, but someone decide to cancel all he already done? Seriously not understood situation about Su-22. Can anyone explain wtf it was?😶

We have a second Su-22M project from OctopusG. Soviet Su-17M version though.

Edited by pepin1234
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 6/24/2023 at 10:35 PM, pepin1234 said:

We have a second Su-22M project from OctopusG. Soviet Su-17M version though.

We haven't heard about it for a long time though...just a few elusive FB pictures last year...

Fingers crossed it will come to reality but for now...wait and see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

Best case scenario - we see both (Soviet version, and a slightly more modern export version).

I wouldn't call it the best case though. Most people would not buy two modules which are essentially the same. This means that already limited revenue would be split between two different devs, making development even harder.

Really, the M4 is just M3 but better, while still being the good ol' analogue Cold War dumb bomb carrier. I can't see 90% of the playerbase justifying to themselves buying both for a full price. Maybe as one module (F-14A/B example), maybe as separate two modules but with a big discount, but not for 60-80$ each.

Not to mention having different implementations of the same systems and FM. No need to add such inconsistency.

• 1 month later...

@SVKSniper any news?

I know that everything is likely and subject to change but it would be nice to say something or even better show it :thumbsup:. There used to be updates once a month. Unless there's an NDA.

• Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No any news 😞 but see interesting direction of SPPU-22:

qJGNGv2.jpg

am_pod_sppu22_v1.jpg

am_pod_sppu22_o1.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 4

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Some really cool info in this earlier reply:

On 4/11/2023 at 12:40 PM, SVKSniper said:

Hi Avimimus,thanks for your questions.😉

The Su-22M4 could carry gunpods on four hardpoints. They were  hardpoints 3,4 and 1r and 2r. In Czechoslovakia, they were always carried only at a standard fixed angle and never, and as far as I know, not even at the Su-25 were they shot backwards, always only in the direction of flight.  But from what I found in the manual, hardpoints 1r and 2r under fuselage could only be used for shooting backwards.

The SUO-54 armament control system on the Su-22M4 did not allow the use of different types of unguided rockets or anti-surface missiles in one flight. After switching the weapon selector on the stick to the S-60 position, it was possible to use only one type of unguided rockets or one type of guided anti-surface missiles or only SPPU cannon containers.

As for the rockets, it is possible to hang them on up to six suspension points, I am also attaching screenshots from the mission editor for a better idea.

Edited by Avimimus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mL0fLd5.jpg

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas holidays and all the best for the New Year!

First of all, I want to thank you all for your comments and likes. This year has been influenced by my work on Tornado a lot. Some things unfortunately didn't work out as I had planned but some did and I had time to work on. Just like this year, for the next year I have a plan of what things need to be done and what I want to work on, step by step. I really appreciate your interest in this aircraft and I as always I try to do my best to bring you the joy and experience of flying this airplane at DCS.  

Once again, my thanks to you, and I wish that the next year will be successful not only for me but also for you! 🎄🎁👍

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, SVKSniper said:

🎁

The best ever could be Su-22M4 🤣. Thx @SVKSniper , best for you too. 👍

• Like 6

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No news, so livery idea:

9EJGS6t.jpg

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 2 weeks later...