[REPORTED] The SA page open causes massive stuttering.

AleCisla

• ED Team

Hi all

We have a crash reported for the SA page, it could be related,

but until that fix is in and can be tested by users seeing the SA page stutter we will not know for sure.

We will leave this thread as investigating for now.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

SA Page Performance Reduction - Its Back

Seeing a 25% degradation in performance between turning the SA page on and Off. Here is a very short track in MP seeing this.

8700k@5.3; 2080ti; 32gb RAM; SSD; HP Reverb

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BTrGfaxlfdwrb2SJzO7-Q3WUnz9CoJ_k/view?usp=sharing

Yeah this has to do with the way how this is done under the hood when it comes to rendering efficienty and methodology, perhaps newer APIs might open up some techniques that would make such thing including mirrors and video feeds less of a resource hog.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Only tested in SP so far.
Bummer, I hoped SP wouldn't have that issue. I'm not home now, but I'll test when I can, monitor the PC with HWiNFO and post some results.

I've got the same system as OP, minus the VR (I run a 4K monitor + TrackIR instead ).

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I get massive drops in both MP and SP. regardless how much stuff is in the mission.
What's maxing? The CPU thread running the main simulation?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I just did a test myself and didn't get any inpact in the following conditions:

• Free flight
  • Nevada
  • Release version

Will update later

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Nineline, here you go.

Singleplayer stock Persian Gulf Free-flight Mission (20-40FPS shift):

A note on this, I have only DCS running and it is running in fullscreen mode. I kept it as vanilla as possible... obviously if you know me at all I usually run a bunch of exports and stuff. 60FPS normally; 40-50 with SA page up. This particular track you'll see me way into the 100s for FPS. But the swing is substantial (20-40+ FPS differences).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WjhwvOhG2ml1XkUp_KtfZQaCe_r3NmaC/view?usp=sharing

Brief MP mission demonstrating frame-loss in VR:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ZI-Ryi8U8zCMWT9k01kqNYX1x4lglXE/view?usp=sharing

I've enabled sharing so anyone with the link can access it. If there's anything you would like me to test - please do not hesitate to ask.

Edited by Guppy

• ED Team

The team have found an infinite loop situation with the SA page which maybe be related to this stuttering.

It should be in the next patch for testing in public.

Thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

For what it's worth - I noticed an improvement online today (after today's hotfix) in a MP server with more than 15 people in it. Could set SA page to 160nm, or even de-center it to shown 320nm forward - without any noticeable dip in FPS performance.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• ED Team
For what it's worth - I noticed an improvement online today (after today's hotfix) in a MP server with more than 15 people in it. Could set SA page to 160nm, or even de-center it to shown 320nm forward - without any noticeable dip in FPS performance.

Cheers,

Don

I'm noticed improvement in the SP PG Freeflight mission. There is still FPS loss, but just a handful of frames... 5ish. I plan to do some testing this evening on MP. I'll let ya'll know my findings.

keep the feed back coming,

we will see some more tweaks to the SA page soon.

thanks

In some tests yesterday, in a heavily populated 104th server, the SA page was performing much better. Only a handful of frames were lost.

I'll continue to monitor and attach any tracks that might be useful moving forward.

Thanks for the quick turnaround, appreciate it.

• ED Team
In some tests yesterday, in a heavily populated 104th server, the SA page was performing much better. Only a handful of frames were lost.

I'll continue to monitor and attach any tracks that might be useful moving forward.

Thanks for the quick turnaround, appreciate it.

Great to hear,

We think the infinite loop issue was the problem, so hopefully better now.

I've recently got involved in exporting screens like Guppy, so far I've only got one screen for my SA page.

I have noticed a massive difference when playing in windowed mode (required for screen export) with the SA page open to playing in Full Screen mode with the SA page open.

I've known about this bug for some time but always counted myself as one of the lucky ones as it didn't affect me when flying in Full Screen mode.

Now however that I can no longer fly in FS mode my FPS goes from 60 down to less than 40 the instant I turn on the SA page. As soon as I turn it off again my FPS jumps straight back to 60.

Is there anything I can submit to help?

• i7 6800k @ 4.0Ghz
  • EVGA RTX 2080Ti 11GB
  • 32GB RAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

• 3 weeks later...

ED Team -

SA Page is continuing to shred FPS; especially noticeable in VR. I'm going from 90 FPS to 60-70. Even in just the Free flight PG mission. Even into the 40s at times.

At this point would tracks continue to help?

If tracks will be a benefit I can make some quick ones illustrating this. Otherwise just please note that it is continuing to be a struggle for many of us.

Thanks,

Gup

+1. Noticed recently that the SA Page seems to be “back to the old tricks” of impacting FPS. VR user as well.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 3 months later...

Hello ED team.

I am also having a problem with my FPS related to the SA page after the last update. However, I realized that this problem is not only due to the SA page, but a problem that arises from the combination of the Dispenser and the SA page. When both are on, my FPS are below 30 sometimes. However, when one of the two is off, the FPS is stable and high. This happens both offline and online.

Nazgul 009.trk

Screen_200324_160329.thumb.png.92ae0edf39fe44bc464875766f1ca512.png

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

After several tests in single player or multiplayer I realized that the biggest drop in fps is in the following situation. TGP activated on any right or left screen and SA page on the central screen. This makes my FPS drop to 15 or worse. The instant I remove the SA for any other function, my FPS returns to normal.