Default radar lock button?

oldmanflan

I'm having a heck of a time trying to locate the proper 'Action' label for locking a target on the radar after slewing over it. In the hornet it's "Throttle Designator Controller - Depress" and the default key for that is Enter.

However, I can't find an equivalent to that in the F-16. By default, the F-16 has Enter bound to "ENABLE Switch - Depress", but that's not working.

Any help would be appreciated!

• Like 1

Life savers once again. Thanks guys!

And for clarity, the "Action" label for these in DCS controls under "F-16C Sim" are:

Target Management Switch - Up (Lock)

Target Management Switch - Down (return to search/unlock)

Are you sure there is Target Management Switch - Down ? Don't remember seeing this (was looking for it).

Are you sure there is Target Management Switch - Down ? Don't remember seeing this (was looking for it).

he means AFT ;)

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

• 1 year later...

Sometimes i seem to have switched to some 'auto lock' or something. 
My TDC will automatically 'stick' to a track , and then when i TMS-up only once, it will lock it in STT 

It appears to be some kind of memory function, because this only happens to a track i previously bugged and un-bugged. 

Anyone know what i mean ?

Just now, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

Sometimes i seem to have switched to some 'auto lock' or something. 
My TDC will automatically 'stick' to a track , and then when i TMS-up only once, it will lock it in STT 

It appears to be some kind of memory function, because this only happens to a track i previously bugged and un-bugged. 

Anyone know what i mean ?

You have probably enterred dogfight mode

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

2 hours ago, _SteelFalcon_ said:

Yes tms up to lock radar contacts in RWS radar mode. But make sure it‘s actual radar contacts detected from your own radar, not just Datalink contacts. You cant lock on DL contacts if your radar doesnt see them.

im just running back over the aim-120 tutorial but i cannot for the life of me get tms-up (or right) or anything else to lock on to the radar targets

4 minutes ago, Sprool said:

im just running back over the aim-120 tutorial but i cannot for the life of me get tms-up (or right) or anything else to lock on to the radar targets

To get TMS right to cycle targets you need to:

Be in TWS

TMS right to make all Sytem Tracks into Target Tracks

Then TMS Right will cycle through 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

No no, it's in TWS . 

The TDC will actually stick to a track but without me having bugged it. 

Once you TMS up on a Track tgt, or TMS right anywhere, targets become System tgts and you can position your cursers over a tgt (they attach to the tgt) to make it a Curser tgt which prioritises it for radar updates without actually designating it. Enables quick upgrade to STT if you want as your cursers follow the tgt track, while still painting the surrounding tgts.

As stated above, make sure the radar has built good track tgts before trying to TMS right through them. Map the Filter DLINK display button to your throttle for your radar to dbl check you have a good radar return (white box).

Edited by VampireNZ
  • Thanks 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 3/7/2021 at 2:11 PM, Sprool said:

i did a repair and restart, it was definitely fubar on mine, the R&R fixed it so I see radar tracks again on missions and the tutorials, and can lock up as intended, using the tms-up.

I have the same issues. Are you using the Steam edition or stand alone?