[FIXED] Strange flgiht behavior

Eroxz564

Thanks, but your track shows an external of a Mi-24. Please provide a short and to the point example in single player.

Thanks

I hope these will work and be usefull to you

1 is from default 2vs1 mission

other is from fast mission generated in the editor

Take a close look to the HUD, in particular FPM to horizon and the heading tape and the roll indicator at the bottom

Rolling left.trk

Rolling left2.trk

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have my tracks in post #38 of this thread been reviewed? Is the left yaw on takeoff accurate behavior or is this a bug? This thread is still listed as [CANNOT REPRODUCE] which makes all of this seem like it's either an issue on my end or accurate behavior.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

The big yaw on takeoff roll has been reported and confirmed. With little to no crosswind she will require pedal like she has a big prop in front. With no wind small corrections needed, Maby a bit to much but sure they will fine tune it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251646

That thread and the tracks are with wind present.

My tracks show that I am experiencing left yaw on takeoff with no wind, clean jet, no pylons.

I experience frequent trimming which is kind of annoying though it is the same as anothersim i have flown and is okay once att hold a/p is functional. That way you are only off a/p when actually engaging and by that ponit the slight roll does not come in to it at all. Once autopilot is fully functional i genuinely believe this module is going to be the nicest to just fly around in.

The big yaw on takeoff roll has been reported and confirmed. With little to no crosswind she will require pedal like she has a big prop in front. With no wind small corrections needed, Maby a bit to much but sure they will fine tune it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251646

Unfortunately this thread had been locked. I didn't experience anything unusual during xwnd takeoffs. 20kts are no problem.

Of course you have to keep the centerline initially with the NWS, but once the rudder becomes effective, it's no problem to maintain a straight line with the rudder.

That said, I don't experience any yaw or roll in clean config, neither during take off nor in the air.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Unfortunately this thread had been locked. I didn't experience anything unusual during xwnd takeoffs. 20kts are no problem.

Of course you have to keep the centerline initially with the NWS, but once the rudder becomes effective, it's no problem to maintain a straight line with the rudder.

That said, I don't experience any yaw or roll in clean config, neither during take off nor in the air.

That is weird. Would you say it is easy to keep straight even compared to other jets in the sim?

As more people have reported this i think the strange part is how it varies between users.

At low wind slight crosswind angle i have to fight the rudder after nws disengage at about 75-80îsh knots to maintain straight.

No other jet i have does this for me. At no wind it can be done with small adjustments like i would expect from any semi modern jet, yet some have problems with no wind? Again weird.

Just to clarify. No mods, and my vkb controllers double checked in joytester and in game indicator.

Will do more test at higher winds to investigate more.

Edited by Hoffster

Would you say it is easy to keep straight even compared to other jets in the sim?

At low wind slight crosswind angle i have to fight the rudder after nws disengage at about 75-80îsh knots to maintain straight.

No, it's not easy, but it doesn't present any problem. It requires a bit of practise to smoothly manage the transition between NWS and rudder.

The point is that the 5kts mentioned in the other thread made the impression that this is limiting, which it isn't.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Unable to trim

Me too, definitely rolls over time and the trim is too much to counter the roll.

In my case using a Toastmaster Warthog clean bird I have a slight roll to the right. If I trim to the left it overcompensates with only one click to the left on the trim button. Auto pilot does trim out the bird until you turn it off, and then I start rolling to the right again.

I thought it might be my peddles but have the same issue after unplugging them. I don't have this issue when flying in a F-18, so I know it's not a calibration issue even though I did check.

Maybe someone from ED can give some advice?

Any word about this issue many of us have?

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Did 3 tests with 3 different loadouts. Full fuel and gun.

1st test: empty (defalut loadout) - very light roll to left - F16LeftRollEmpty

2nd test: 2 AMRAAMs, 4 AIM9M, 2 tanks (default loadout) - "standart roll" - F16LeftRollMedium

3rd test: 2 AMRAAMs, 2 AIM9M, 4 GBU-10s - ROLL TO THE RIGHT - F16LeftRIGHTHeavy

Here's a video for 2nd test:

EDIT: It's not horable roll. It's something like 0.1-0.3 deg change per minute. Only visable on the long run

F16LeftRollEmpty.trk

F16LeftRollMedium.trk

F16LeftRIGHTHeavy.trk

Edited by HerrKitz

I'm going to second the people who are saying the tanks might be the problem. Using the instant action takeoff mission (TCTS pod is not loaded). Takeoff the roll to the left is present. Reset the mission and remove the tanks, aircraft is rock solid stable and maintains hands off straight and level. Although it is possible that the TCTS pod is also doing it, I didn't test for that.

In both tracks I take off and turn towards way-point 1 and stabilize the aircraft. In the track with the tanks present I have to make two attitude corrections by the time I reach the lake. With no tanks it's stable. The roll is very slight but it is there with the tanks and not when you remove them.

tanks roll left.trk

no tanks no roll left.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just wanted to pipe in here as well. Slight continuous roll to the left with with two external tanks. Clean jet seems fine. No mods or anything else loaded. I agree with others I think it's an issue with the two ext tank loadout. Haven't tried with any other weapons yet.

Really having fun with it though!

Has ED been able to verify the left roll/yaw?

I am still experiencing left yaw on takeoff and left roll while in the air. Has ED been able to reproduce this yet?

I have included four new tracks showing the behavior in addition to the two I posted last week https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4063776&postcount=38

1st track shows a slight left roll while airborne; clean jet no pylons

2nd track shows a more pronounced left roll while airborne; wing drop tanks

3rd track shows left yaw on takeoff; clean jet no pylons

4th track shows left yaw on takeoff; wing drop tanks

I have the control indicator visible on each track as well so that you can see that no control input other than throttle is being made.

Each track is with default weather, no wind, on the NTTR map.

F-16 left roll test clean.trk

F-16 left roll test tanks.trk

F-16 left yaw test clean.trk

F-16 left yaw test tanks.trk

+1. Trim is NEVER centered. Plane will not fly straight without pilot input. Always seems to be a toss up between one click left and on click right as to who rolls the least.

Get STP hold working and 90% of these reports will disappear until you really fix it.

Edited by Buschwick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]