Major hosted server rubberbanding since last update

Jarhead_SGT

Hi all

Several of the online servers I play on are suffering major lag and rubberbanding issues since the last update, rendering anything CAP unplayable due to aircraft "matrixing" all over the map.

I'm seeing the issues on all of Hoggits servers, which we stable last week prior to the patch.

Many folks all reporting same issue across multiple servers.

Others please feel free to +1 on this so it gets noted by ED and thanks to the Devs for all your hard work!

Thanks all!

Jarhead

Edited by Jarhead_SGT

+1

We've notice a decreased stability, with the high populated mission we're suffering lot of rubber banding, we flight mainly PvE with F10 MAP enabled, with fog of war or similar. From map you can clearly see sometimes all the people are stuck in flight, ans some times server crash at all.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• ED Team

Hi all

+1 wont help, we would need to see client and server tracks or the mission itself to even try and diagnose the problem.

Not all servers are seeing this issue so there must be a reason for it that we can track down.

attach your dcs.log also straight after the rubber banding happens and let us know what connection speed you have.

we would also like to know the server specs and connection speed.

In short we need more info.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

+1 wont help, we would need to see client and server tracks or the mission itself to even try and diagnose the problem.

Not all servers are seeing this issue so there must be a reason for it that we can track down.

attach your dcs.log also straight after the rubber banding happens and let us know what connection speed you have.

we would also like to know the server specs and connection speed.

In short we need more info.

thanks

Basically +1 helps server admins to understand if the problem is only to own server, or it's a general problem, now we're already 4 server admins with the same "feeling" of something with this build has degraded. And even if doesn't helps you directly with something readable (like logs etc), if you have an hundred of +1, I thinks it's something you should be aware of. BTW, I'm for sure going to collect more data, during this days I'm quite busy trying to develop a new server .miz version and personal commitments, but I'll try to gather more data as possible to helps you. :thumbup:

Cheers.

Edited by Maverick87Shaka
misspelling

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

What are the intended steps when our server runs a multitude of external scripts? Hoggit's Georgia At War, for instance, is not really something that track files are useful on due to the external scripting. Before "Its your scripts that are lagging" is thrown out, we had practically no performance issues for months prior to Friday's patch. After the patch all of our servers running different missions, even a simple training mission with no external scripting, are experiencing the rubber banding issues.

Yes I can confirm the extreme banding issues on Hoggit Training server Sunday night. The server got extremely unstable. It was my first visit.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

The Georgia at War server dropped me after significant rubber banding started happening. The track file and log are provided in the attachments below. The lag was bad enough that I was only getting physics updates every few seconds; I watched as a Mig-29 took off while flying backwards at Anapa. I was disconnected shortly thereafter once I was in the air as the lag continued.

Georgia At War v3.0.24_morning-20191015-171400.trk

dcs.zip

• ED Team
Thanks Big, I haven't had a chance to play this week - but will do so and post files! I will also keep pushing others to do the same for you.

Thanks I appreciate it, getting meaningful data is what helps the team find the problems. :thumbup:

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
The Georgia at War server dropped me after significant rubber banding started happening. The track file and log are provided in the attachments below. The lag was bad enough that I was only getting physics updates every few seconds; I watched as a Mig-29 took off while flying backwards at Anapa. I was disconnected shortly thereafter once I was in the air as the lag continued.

[ATTACH]219362[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]219363[/ATTACH]

thank you will check

Yesterday while very little was in visible range I would watch the mach on a distant contact go from mach 0.6 to 6438.5 and altitude would range from the 16000ft it was at to 11000-28000ft. This being on the Persian Gulf Map.

There were a few times I watched the rubber banding was while flying from Khasab to Queshm and it was with both blufor and redfor fighters.

Thanks for looking into this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EzwXnhrGD8fp7WHDZEnCAOtc9P2fhF15/view?usp=sharing

dcs.zip

Edited by yoyshosei
Added Log File

Here's a short track and DCS.log. Descynch started at 18:45, continued to 18:46 and subsided shortly before diconnect. Connection speed is 150Mb/s both up and down and ping is below 200ms at all times

The track was above the 5MB limit and the DCS.log gave an "invalid file" error when I tried to upload it, so here's a dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6o17j2qpiq3v00o/AACoGuX_S2_-SrZv_Cjfi9LPa?dl=0

EDIT: bear in mind the Hoggit discord has been very active in encouraging people to post in this thread, it's not just those servers that are having the issue

Edited by Thorimus
formatting

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's another log for you. Shortly after I connect in spectator mode, it goes wonky. TACVIEW file included as well.

Starts with a couple aircraft (Wizard) at +1:19, then all heck breaks loose at +3:48

I am on a 200Mbps connection in the northeast US. My ping with the server is around 69.

Rubberband_Hoggit.zip

Edited by Jarhead_SGT

More samples

Playing on GAW without too many issues then got crippling framerate for a bit. After that there was obvious rubber banding.

I was streaming at the time so you can see it happen.

Framerate crash - 0:51:30

Rubber Banding - 0:52:30

dcs.log file attached. The issue occurred around the timestmap of 2019-10-19 06:56:xx in the logfile. Interesting to note that Both I and StandingCow were in game together and both have the same errors in our logfiles at that timestamp and very similar ones afterwards.

Track file available @ http://www.filedropper.com/georgiaatwarv3024evening-20191019-150804

dcs.zip

Edited by rurounijones

My report is going along with RurouniJones's log as the timestamps and twitch video can be matched.

Lag happened around 2019-10-19 06:56:38.014

Track file (too big to attach to forum): http://www.filedropper.com/georgiaatwarv3024evening-20191019-015910

dcslog.zip

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

we noticed weirdness on ours last night Newy some of it seems to be Desync between Clients - Server, newer clients connecting seemed to get sync'd properly and see things correctly but those who had been on for a time had a LOT of weirdness happening Tanks in the Skies, etc.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Saw the same as others tonight on GAW, rubber banding Hornet took the wing off of my tomcat on the deck of the Stennis at the end. I'm on an AT&T fiber connection, shouldn't be any bandwidth or latency issues on my end.

trackfile: http://www.filedropper.com/georgiaatwarv3024morning-20191022-193140

video:

dcs.zip

Edited by snarkbomb
trackfile didn't attach