Militariy Aircraft Mod

On 2/19/2024 at 5:42 PM, Saguanay said:

Looks great.   When can we start tanking off of it?   🙂

Unfortunately they're not tankers. I created these skins based on the A330 from the Civil Air Mod.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 1:49 PM, Mal0v said:

As i suspected, I forgot to put some files in the fix. Unfortunatly I can't put them in the fix, because the upload limit is 50MB in this thread. What I can do is put the files separatly here and tell you what to do.
Put these files into Military Aircraft Mod\Textures\Military Aircraft Mod.zip

Put them into the .zip folder and replace the old files.

MAM_A400M.dds 21.33 MB · 32 downloads MAM_A400M_B.dds 21.33 MB · 31 downloads

I'm having a similar issue with some A-29 liveries.  Any chance you've looked into them as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

I had the strange shadow issue on the A400M, after some tests it seems to come from the fact that the normal map isn't used on the liveries. I made several test and here is the result.

Before

ModelViewer2 2024-03-10 13-19-20.png

After, I created a new A400M_B normal map to see the result and added the line in the 

DCS 2024-03-10 14-50-43.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, grim_reaper68 said:

Hi 

I had the strange shadow issue on the A400M, after some tests it seems to come from the fact that the normal map isn't used on the liveries. I made several test and here is the result.

Before

ModelViewer2 2024-03-10 13-19-20.png

After, I created a new A400M_B normal map to see the result and added the line in the 

DCS 2024-03-10 14-50-43.png

The problem I described for the A-29B applies to all textures I created or improved 3 years ago. Including the A-400 and the Osprey. This affects not only the diffuse but also normal and roughmetre textures. The solution is to simply open it with PS and then save it again. That's all.

Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-core processor 3.90 GHz, installed memory 256 GB (256 GB usable), system type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
2 x NVIDIA RTX TITAN SLI 48 GB vRAM, 3x 2 TB M2 NVMe WDS200T3XHC Raid, 2x 4 TB M2 NVMe Force MP510 Raid, ERM - 3K3U water cooling, gaming motherboard ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA
Monitor 108 cm ACER PREDATOR CG437K 7680x4320-120Hz, power supply 2000 watts

No need to save the textures again, I just modified the description file

livery = {
    {"MAM_A400M",   DIFFUSE         ,   "mam_a400m_faf2", false};  
    {"MAM_A400M",   ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,    "mam_a400m_faf2_roughmet", false};  
    {"MAM_A400M",   1           ,   "MAM_A400M_B", false};  
}

and added the MAM_A400M_B in each livery folder and it works fine

DCS 2024-03-10 15-44-41.png

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 1:47 PM, RichCotte said:

I'm having a similar issue with some A-29 liveries.  Any chance you've looked into them as well?

I'm having livery issues with the A400M liveries. The liveries are dark grey! All the other aircraft have working liveries! Any help would be appreciated,

Timex 3

7 minutes ago, Timex3 said:

I'm having livery issues with the A400M liveries. The liveries are dark grey! All the other aircraft have working liveries! Any help would be appreciated,

Timex 3

See the previous page. Someone already posted fixed files.

Correction of textures

Corrections of the incorrect textures in the Liveries A-400M and Osprey and the associated textures in the Texture folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/twixud8co0oova8lcodyz/Military-Aircraft-Mod.rar?rlkey=2k3eex99v11vxvxtom1vgibs9&dl=0

The two folders from the zip are in
Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\Military Aircraft Mod
copy and overwrite.

Edited by Urbi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-core processor 3.90 GHz, installed memory 256 GB (256 GB usable), system type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
2 x NVIDIA RTX TITAN SLI 48 GB vRAM, 3x 2 TB M2 NVMe WDS200T3XHC Raid, 2x 4 TB M2 NVMe Force MP510 Raid, ERM - 3K3U water cooling, gaming motherboard ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA
Monitor 108 cm ACER PREDATOR CG437K 7680x4320-120Hz, power supply 2000 watts

2 hours ago, Xeno426 said:

See the previous page. Someone already posted fixed files.

Strangely the fixes on the previous page didn't work for me. For some reason without any DCS update, the A400, who was good in appearance became darker, and the shadows were abnormal. 

6小时前,Urbi说:

Correction of textures

Corrections of the incorrect textures in the Liveries A-400M and Osprey and the associated textures in the Texture folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/twixud8co0oova8lcodyz/Military-Aircraft-Mod.rar?rlkey=2k3eex99v11vxvxtom1vgibs9&dl=0

The two folders from the zip are in
Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\Military Aircraft Mod
copy and overwrite.

Thank you for all your awsome work, sir! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 11:03 AM, grim_reaper68 said:

Hi, is there a way to embark troops in the A400M? I don't know if it's in the aircraft capabilities, but if yes, it would be great to have the function. Same for the V22. 

As far as I know you can not embark troop onto the planes like you can with helicopters. I messed around with the code a bit and came up empty.

I has seen some mods where you can drop "paratroopers" like bombs but I don't think the troops can do anything after they "land" 😂

On the plus I was able to create a working AWACS version of the V-22 (EV-22) but I still can't get the darn wing pods to work correctly for ramp starts. So it's still only working as parking hot for take offs.

I'll post my lua files for the EV-22 and MV-22B as well as what I've figured out for the wing pod take off thing tonight when I get home. Hopefully someone can fix that.

I can get the wing/engines pod to stay rotated off the ground for engine start. BUT I can't get them to then go fully level for normal flight😡

Here are some updates to the V-22. Changes to aircraft specs/mission type. MV-22B is the Marine Transport Version. EV-22 is an AEW aircraft that can use the AWACS mission type and does function as an AWACS aircraft in missions as far as I can tell. Many thanks to the Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V2.0 for the example of how to create an AWACS type aircraft for DCS.

Install. NOTE this will REPLACE your current V-22 so back that file up. The MV-22B replaces the standard V-22

You can just add the V22_OspreyAEW file and keep the stock V-22 if you want.

Just add the aircraft lua files to the MAM mod folder and add this line to the entry lua file

dofile(current_mod_path..'/V22_OspreyAEW.lua')

IMPORTANT.

Take off mode is base on aircraft weight. I have the "V-22" setup so that a 50% (or lower) fuel load will do a vertical take off and above 51% fuel load will do a short take off. The Wing/Engine animations are only working correctly for vertical take off. During short take off the propellers will hit the ground/deck but it will still take off ok.

Also because STOVL aircraft can use both helicopter spots and airplane spots getting them to spawn on the ship's deck where you want in ME can be tricky.

STOVL aircraft will only use the helicopter spots if, ONE their weight is low enough for vertical take off and TWO, all the other "plane" spots are full.

So if you want to use the MV-22 on a ship like Tarawa or any other carrier make sure all the airplane spots are full BEFORE you add the V-22 (at 50% fuel load) to the deck. Other wise the V-22 will use a "plane spot" and ME will NOT let you reset the position, even if you delete and re add the V-22.

And finally I just noticed that while take off from a airplane "runway" start works on ships take off from a parked airplane spot is not working on ships (but does of land🤷‍♂️)

But vertical takeoff (parking hot) from a helicopter spot works fine as long as you can sort out the deck spawn.🙂

Screen_240319_175412.jpg

Screen_240319_175424.jpg

Screen_240319_175439.jpg

V22_OspreyAEW.lua V22_Osprey.lua

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So if anyone want to drive themselves crazy trying to fix the engine rotation for take off from cold start on the V-22 here's what I've discovered so far.

Looking at the edm in Model Viewer the two args used to control the wings and engine pods are 999 and 292. If you look at the original V-22 lua you will see arg 999 in the taxi and folding wing code lines. BUT arg 292 is not in the original file. 

I tried adding 292 and changing the values. adding another line with 292, etc... but still no luck. It almost seems like the engine start and level flight position have to be the same. Because when I can get engines to start with the props hitting the ground they will not fully rotate forward for level flight.

So if anyone can sort that out or confirm that it's impossible that would be a big help😂 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, greedyworl said:

hi capt i can using 1.7 version cause my dcs stable on 2.5.5 .

just want to ask maybe i want try version 1.5 military pack. where i can got link download for thats version ? 

thx

No link I think because mod is in Users Files and only version is 1.7, why use 1.5 ?

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

because i using 2.5.5 for pratice before i jump tp 2.9

5 hours ago, Morpheus said:

No link I think because mod is in Users Files and only version is 1.7, why use 1.5 ?

2.5.5.417 not suport v.17 bro. i have try it.

program will force close after install military pack mod.

F22 suport without issue.