ejection seat

ROGUE  Leumi

The ejection seat in the F14 triggers at the first push of the button but should at the third push.

I just noticed this today! I haven't ejected in awhile...

I have a button on my throttle mapped to LCtrl+ E...one press and it ejects, but should be three presses before triggering an ejection.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Is there a reason to have it 3 times beyond just tradition though? It is not like someone often accidently presses left ctrl + e imo.

If it is important to you guys, I'll open a tracker for it, but imo it's a relic from the past.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hi IronMike

Thank you for your replay.

Yes you don't press by accident the key LCtrl + E on your keyboard . But some have it mapped on the stick and there you have much higher chances to press a button by accident once.

After a flight of over an hour it is not nice to hang on a parachute and seeing your aircraft going down.

So it would be nice to have it back with a 3 times push to trigger the ejection seat.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Dont change it to three times, instead do another row that requires three times so you can use the one you like. Either three times or only one.

I think it should be like that for all modules because the three times press is a problem for cockpit builders. I have to use JoyToKey set to do execute ctrl + e 20 times per second when I pull the handle on my seat since I dont want to pull it three times.

• Like 1

Is there a reason to have it 3 times beyond just tradition though? It is not like someone often accidently presses left ctrl + e imo.

If it is important to you guys, I'll open a tracker for it, but imo it's a relic from the past.

Because if you use a button instead it's a safety. I've ejected myself MANY times in the tomcat because I use a button on my throttle that I apparently press quiet often. And control and E is a pain in VR.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I've ejected myself MANY times in the tomcat because I use a button on my throttle that I apparently press quiet often.

Sounds like you request a fix on a problem you inflict on yourself.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

if you ask me it should be use configurable for a long push.

but I'm fine with first button eject.

IRL it's NOT on the HOTAS. and the travel to actuate is fairly large.

so a long press should be a good compromise to allow that.

I have pressed Eject on accident a few times. I play on keyboard often. I know a solution is “don’t press that button”, but the “safety” of having to press it two more times is nice.

~Bailey

• 2 weeks later...
unless you're a surface warfare guy taking a ride in the back seat and think the lower handle is there to hold onto during high-G maneuvers. But no one has ever in the history of humanity been that dumb...

Ehhm... Oops...

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/story-f-14-pilot-able-land-tomcat-without-canopy-rio-erroneously-bailed/