[NOT REALISTIC] TGP Hud symbology

Nospin44

Is ED actually developing anything on this at all or are they instead putting all the effort on the ATFLIR to be finished to have it replace the TGP we have currently?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

Is ED actually developing anything on this at all or are they instead putting all the effort on the ATFLIR to be finished to have it replace the TGP we have currently?

Thats a good question. Maybe they are hard at work on ATFLIR instead. When did we get our tgp? Wasnt it like early august? Somethings gotta be up if they havent added basic hud indication 6 months after the pod released.

I find it really frustrating not being able to slew the TGP to a waypoint. I would think this is fairly basic requirement/functionality and if my memory serves me correctly was implemented on the Warthog.

Really hope it gets sorted soon.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

I find it really frustrating not being able to slew the TGP to a waypoint. I would think this is fairly basic requirement/functionality and if my memory serves me correctly was implemented on the Warthog.

Really hope it gets sorted soon.

It's even more frustrating not getting answers from ED...

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

It's even more frustrating not getting answers from ED...

Especially when it's related to some seemingly relatively simple quality of life improvements that would greatly increase the capability of the Hornet without requiring a whole new system. Improved Litening Pod functionality, grid coordinate entry, etc.

At least let us know if it's not actually a simple thing to give us, so we can calm down on it a bit.

Edited by Echo179
Addition

First of all, it's obviously a good thing if they decided to scrap the LITENING, because if I'm honest- the majority of players won't even bother with it once we can mount the ATFLIR on station 4.

With that being said, they mentioned a few times that the ATFLIR will come around the time the new IR renderer will be implemented. The most logical answer is that you didn't see any improvements to the LITENING because it wasn't being worked on (remember the whole F16 saga?). I was convinced they will get to it in the updates after the pod was released. They probably will once it's higher on their priority list. In the meantime, I just stopped using it.

Edited by BarTzi

First of all, it's obviously a good thing if they decided to scrap the LITENING, because if I'm honest- the majority of players won't even bother with it once we can mount the ATFLIR on station 4.

With that being said, they mentioned a few times that the ATFLIR will come around the time the new IR renderer will be implemented. The most logical answer is that you didn't see any improvements to the LITENING because it wasn't being worked on (remember the whole F16 saga?). I was convinced they will get to it in the updates after the pod was released. They probably will once it's higher on their priority list. In the meantime, I just stopped using it.

I just stopped using it too and instead go to Harrier and JF-17 for ground attack experiences. I haven't been following F-16 at all though, what exactly is this F-16 saga about? And it totally makes sense for them to complete FLIR rendering overhaul before finishing the ATFLIR, although that probably also means it will take a while before ATFLIR comes out...

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

So just to stir the pot and fuel wild speculation. The "lighting" upgrade, well IR is a type of light :)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I just stopped using it too and instead go to Harrier and JF-17 for ground attack experiences. I haven't been following F-16 at all though, what exactly is this F-16 saga about? And it totally makes sense for them to complete FLIR rendering overhaul before finishing the ATFLIR, although that probably also means it will take a while before ATFLIR comes out...

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Some developers from the Hornet team switched to Viper related tasks prior to the release of the Viper.

I guess (and I can be wrong here) that the 'TGP guy' was probably assigned the task to integrate the LITENING pod to the F-16.

We can't really complain about it at this point in time. Let's just keep hoping the ability to slave the TGP to a waypoint will be added in the near future.

So just to stir the pot and fuel wild speculation. The "lighting" upgrade, well IR is a type of light :)

So are radar waves, as well as jamming signals. EW overhaul confirmed!

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

So are radar waves, as well as jamming signals. EW overhaul confirmed!

Glory be! :megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Its definitely wasnt being worked on that. I do not have other explanation since we have LITENING pod from almost eight months (July 2019)...

But we dont have a lot of basic functions of it, like slave to WP; HUD indication; AA mode; INR and snow-plow modes, etc...

The TGP is almost useless at this level, I strongly hope that we will get some improvements ASAP (or ATFLIR?).

Edited by VDV

yeah well even though WAGS had said we were getting it were now being told it's not realistic.. but it's realistic to have the FOV on the JHMCS.... despite the fact that the JHMCS is a reproduction of the HUD and Blanks out when your looking at the HUD as the HUD displays the SAME information as the JHMCS...

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

yeah well even though WAGS had said we were getting it were now being told it's not realistic.. but it's realistic to have the FOV on the JHMCS.... despite the fact that the JHMCS is a reproduction of the HUD and Blanks out when your looking at the HUD as the HUD displays the SAME information as the JHMCS...

Apparently you know better than the developers and have documents and proof stating otherwise. Hornet pilots here and in other mediums have been saying for months that the TGP Box is not displayed on the HUD. It’s time to move on and stop perpetuating a fantasy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

to be able to be quickly orient where the damn tgp is actually is pointing at and to guide it on intended path.

My intereim solution has been as follows;

WPDSG the target,

cage the TGP

fly to put TGT diamond on the A/C crosshair.

now the TGP is looking in the approximate direction of the Target, I slew it to ground stabilize... good enough!

My intereim solution has been as follows;

WPDSG the target,

cage the TGP

fly to put TGT diamond on the A/C crosshair.

now the TGP is looking in the approximate direction of the Target, I slew it to ground stabilize... good enough!

Just use the SA page, slew the TGP over a waypoint it SA threat indicated.. The TGP has an icon displayed on the SA page where it is currently “looking.”

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Not unless you can find evidence of there being such a marker.

So what about F-16 and A-10 then? They have same TGP and they have TGP indication on the HUD. Even JF 17 has HUD indication when using TGP. So, is that unrealistic also??

They are different aircraft with different FLIR interfaces, so it doesn't really carry over. According to Lex it depends on the aircraft software and lot, which means that some aircraft don't and some do. So you will have to find some evidence that proves our hornet should have it, because ED seem to have found some that says otherwise.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

А quote from Wags in Hornet mini-updates, 8 months ago (when LITENING was released):

"Other elements will be coming to the pod like HUD symbology, INR and snow plow modes, additional reticles, AA mode, and more".