Still cannot launch using the catapult after patch

mattag08

Still non-functional post patch today. I also noticed that the 14 has inherited the 18's weird behavior of sliding forward when the nosewheel is fully deflected and a normal amount of power is applied (25-50%). I'm curious if the 14 has somehow inherited 18 carrier code without the proper stuff on the back end to make launches work.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

The catapult functionality and on-deck handling is an ED side issue, we have almost no control over any of it. We have made ED aware of these issues and I presume they're looking into it.

I understand. I made a bug report in the DCS World section as well. To be honest, I'm going to continue to report it until it's resolved because the F-14 essentially cannot do it's job because of this and my main interest in DCS is specifically carrier ops in the F-14. The group I'm in that consists of approximately 30 people are all effected by this issue as well because we simulate a carrier air wing and cannot do any ops from the boat until this is fixed.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

I understand. I made a bug report in the DCS World section as well. To be honest, I'm going to continue to report it until it's resolved because the F-14 essentially cannot do it's job because of this and my main interest in DCS is specifically carrier ops in the F-14. The group I'm in that consists of approximately 30 people are all effected by this issue as well because we simulate a carrier air wing and cannot do any ops from the boat until this is fixed.

It affects almost all DCS Naval Aviators including you and me.

Undoubtedly, DCS 2.5.6 needs more troubleshoots before we can play properly

The catapult functionality and on-deck handling is an ED side issue, we have almost no control over any of it. We have made ED aware of these issues and I presume they're looking into it.

Thanks for the info...

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates about this? Because it's getting kinda odd to launch from the carrier without the catapult.

You can't really hook into the cat (needs to be pressed multiple times) and sometimes it damages the airframe. Other times it works just fine.

The problems seems to remain: testing CASE 1 quick mission, trapped, went for the CAT3, worked OK. Trapped again, went for CAT1, couldn't hook up.

After first CAT shot i've seen the following:

• Can't hook up on the CAT
  • Nothinng happens when saluting
  • The planes explodes when saluting
  • Nothing happens (with engines MIL), the nose collapses in the deck bringing engines full AB
  • The shot takes place when increasing when increasing engines from MIL to full AB

I can try to record videos of it if helps, i don't know if this kind of issues is reproduced correctly in the track.

Yep… Tomcat still grounded on the carrier...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

For those experiencing issues:

1. Hooking up after spawn - press U (or whatever your lock to catapult command is) multiple times, it does connect eventually.

2. Hooking up after landing on carrier - move to cat position and then request takeoff via your radio menu from Stennis ATC - then as above.

3. Getting catapult to fire - press shift-U (or whatever your launch catapult command is) and then press the nose wheel kneel command for at least 1-2 seconds. Repeat till cat fires.

I have found by following the above processes that this works reliably on Cats 1 & 2 for sure in multiplayer. Have not bothered with cat 3 as many say it's bugged and will damage/destroy you. Cat 4 I have not tested.

For those experiencing issues:

1. Hooking up after spawn - press U (or whatever your lock to catapult command is) multiple times, it does connect eventually.

2. Hooking up after landing on carrier - move to cat position and then request takeoff via your radio menu from Stennis ATC - then as above.

3. Getting catapult to fire - press shift-U (or whatever your launch catapult command is) and then press the nose wheel kneel command for at least 1-2 seconds. Repeat till cat fires.

I have found by following the above processes that this works reliably on Cats 1 & 2 for sure in multiplayer. Have not bothered with cat 3 as many say it's bugged and will damage/destroy you. Cat 4 I have not tested.

I have reproduced your operation today. It works on Catapult 1 and 2, but not 3 due to aircraft crashed on deck.

More specifically about point 2: move to Catapult position and then request takeoff via radio menu from Stennis ATC, and then double click U - you can see the jet blast deflector going down, and click U again - note the deflector rising again, which means you hook the Catapult successfully.

Same problem here after the last open beta patch :

- the nose strut seems to stay on top of the catapult shuttle, and not in the arc in front of it... always ;

- when saluting, it doen't launch.

edit

Yep, pressed " U " and aircraft exploded on catapult.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB