Please give ability to remove static reflection textures

Arctander

These have always bothered me, but with the lighting changes in 2.5.6 the static reflection textures baked into the Canopy is so far overdone it is actually interfering both with Vr immersion and ability to see out of the canopy.

Please enable (preferably) a slider so that people can set it from 0% (invisible) to 100% (full), or if that is not possible - a switch on/off, for example using the custom cockpit option.

Edit: fa/18 fwiw

These have always bothered me, but with the lighting changes in 2.5.6 the static reflection textures baked into the Canopy is so far overdone it is actually interfering both with Vr immersion and ability to see out of the canopy.

Please enable (preferably) a slider so that people can set it from 0% (invisible) to 100% (full), or if that is not possible - a switch on/off, for example using the custom cockpit option.

Edit: fa/18 fwiw

ED will add the option to choose between a clear and tinted F-16 canopy in the next update, so the "reflection on/off" option should be possible too I'd say.

Edited by sirrah
small correction

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team

We are considering options for reflections, when we know more we will pass it on.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Checking in to see if there is any news about this?

The baked reflections look really bad and 2D in VR and is pretty immersion breaking to be honest. It just dosen't look real, at all.

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

And while you are at it guys - add an option to get rid of the tiny repeating crackling effect on all canopies - or update the texture from it's present form. Canopies without this "effect" look much better.

It always looks bad when it tiles, and that is magnified many times when you see it in the side monitor of a 3 screen setup, flying in the golden hour with sunlight streaming in the side.

get rid of the reflections and also give us an option to turn the trees OFF COMPLETELY, pls...

The canopy reflections just are wonky in vr.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Talking about reflection and the F-16 there is a conceptual problem with reflections there. Since DCS doesn't support ray tracing, it's all baked somehow. It means that the reflection on the MFDs are not affected by any solid body in the cockpit. In VR, you can move around, as you would in real life trying to cover the sun from reflecting onto the MFDs, to no effect, so depending on your aspect against the light source, the reflections on the MFDs are unavoidable and very disturbing.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

• 4 months later...

Giving this a bump. again...

Those baked reflections really look awfull in VR and are anything but immersive!

Please do make it an option on all modules, the F-18 is perfect in that regard.

Currently flying the Kursant campaign, and the L-39 reflections strikes me as particular bad looking in VR!

Really, those baked reflections reminds me most of all, of museum planes that have been stuck in the sun for decades, standing there all sad and with milky white opaque canopies.

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.