Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

DTC digital data catridge

Geraki

Yes yes yes yes. It's been a year since they teased a DTC-like settings menu for the Hornet and it's so necessary. The only way to tune stuff to your liking is to change it in the .lua files.

A DTC for these kind of settings + a waypoint/target planner would make flying these jets so much more fun, especially on missions or servers where waypoints are not set properly.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Wish has been raised on multiple occasions, I have never seen an official aknowledment, sadly :(

I don't think people know how crucial this is in real life, and how handy it would've been in the sim. Literally a game changer.

• Like 2

Wish has been raised on multiple occasions, I have never seen an official aknowledment, sadly :(

Then you have not seen this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3803475&postcount=131

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It would be great if we could manually add in SAM threat rings. Having these all-knowing rings auto-populate the HSD takes away a lot of opportunities for mission designers and just isn’t accurate to how it is implemented in real life.

• Like 2

Like what?

Like setting up realistic scenarios where you have less than ideal intelligence on SAM sites, especially with mobile platforms.

I've been messing around with the Skynet IADS script and I'd love to be able to set up missions where you have nebulous intelligence on SAM threats and you just have to stay on your toes.

• Like 1

Like setting up realistic scenarios where you have less than ideal intelligence on SAM sites, especially with mobile platforms.

I've been messing around with the Skynet IADS script and I'd love to be able to set up missions where you have nebulous intelligence on SAM threats and you just have to stay on your toes.

Mission designers can already flag SAM sites in the ME as "hidden on map", which means they won't show up on the HSD nor on the mission planner.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Who said they couldn’t or wouldn’t?

If it’s a feature if the RL Jet, then I think it’s safe to say we’ll get it, eventually.

It's already in development as I said.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Um, that’s Wags talking Hornet, not Viper.

But yeah, let’s hope it follows on quickly.

Because it comes first for the Hornet, just like the A/G radar and all the other systems that come to the Viper after the Hornet.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Believe me, I have :) The mission card is a nice start but fails to adress the underlying issues. A mission planning tool should be separated from the mission building tool and include the ability to make several lines per mission data load, and also threat circles, FAORs, FLOTS and all the different lines with colours available in the F-16.

see this thread for details https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250310

Best regards,

DS

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

HSD-CMM

On 7/16/2020 at 1:17 PM, DarkStar said:

Believe me, I have 🙂 The mission card is a nice start but fails to adress the underlying issues. A mission planning tool should be separated from the mission building tool and include the ability to make several lines per mission data load, and also threat circles, FAORs, FLOTS and all the different lines with colours available in the F-16.

see this thread for details https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250310

Best regards,

DS

Edited by Geraki
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 10:52 AM, Geraki said:

HSD-CMM

That map must be a block 60 thing 😂 but yeah, both bullsye reference, bullseye under cursor and the different colours of lines are shown there. Of all the complex system of the Viper this surely should be low hanging fruit for ED to implement, right? It would increase the playability of the F-16 ten-fold,

DS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just put this out. Currently includes UHF/VHF channels, Waypoints, ALOW, BINGO and TPOD-Code:

https://github.com/destotelhorus/Soft-MDC/releases/tag/v1.0.0

It's useful if you fly on public servers or have fixed training missions for which you want changing flightplans to load into your plane.

• Like 2

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

On 5/2/2021 at 5:09 AM, DarkStar said:

That map must be a block 60 thing 😂 but yeah, both bullsye reference, bullseye under cursor and the different colours of lines are shown there. Of all the complex system of the Viper this surely should be low hanging fruit for ED to implement, right? It would increase the playability of the F-16 ten-fold,

DS

It's actually a block 25/30 thing.

• Like 3

On 5/14/2021 at 11:33 PM, Crptalk said:

It's actually a block 25/30 thing.

Roger that, my experience is limited to Block 10/15s, so anything to bring the Viper up to par with atleast 10's functionality is welcome 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...