More training missions

ALLynil

Is there any module other than av8b with solid training missions? F18 F16 and A10C is missing so many of them. Is there a plan to add new training missions ? It seems quiete weird. AV8B is great because those missions makes it very easy to learn the plane. All other modues from ED are the same they are missing too much. I really love this game but it feels there is quiet a bitter taste left in my mouth with all the performance issuses with multiplayer and lack of training missions.

Well, firstly, the Harrier is not by ED. The TMs were done by Baltic Dragon, and yes, they are excellent. I just wish the state of the Harrier was up to the same standard, but that’s another matter.

The Hornet and Viper currently have very disappointing sets of TMs. They are both in EA though, and I guess that TMs are not top priority. I agree that is very frustrating for new buyers. YT vids and manuals can help, but TMs allow you to interact while learning.

Hopefully, ED will enhance these missions soon.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Is there any module other than av8b with solid training missions?

Yes .. the Mirage 2000 has not just one, but two sets of training missions: One for the Caucasus Map, and another for the Nevada map.

The Mig-19 also has a very complete set of 10 training missions.

A good training mission is one of the hardest types of missions to edit and they take quite a long time to edit .. one doesnt appreciate them until one edits its own :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Best way to learn is through YouTube tutorials and things like chucks guides.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Although Chuck's guides are gold and YT is very handy, I strongly disagree with this statement

Switching back and forth between VR and pancake is a pita

Interactive TM's are much more easy in use (at least in VR)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Yes .. the Mirage 2000 has not just one, but two sets of training missions: One for the Caucasus Map, and another for the Nevada map.

2 sets is a stretch. They are basically the same 10 - well 9 - missions on different terrains.

Although Chuck's guides are gold and YT is very handy, I strongly disagree with this statement

Me too. Yes, YT vids and manuals are part of the learning, but who has ever passed their car driving test looking at the theory and online videos without going out for lessons with an instructoor?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

2 sets is a stretch. They are basically the same 10 - well 9 - missions on different terrains.

Still, two sets .. where every other Module has one or zero Training Sets.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

I agree!

I really like the Mirage TMs as well. Even if they don't follow the new cockpit/RADIOS, IIRC.

That said, I really like your TMs Rudel. Can we have some more!!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Sorry to labour the point, but they are effectivly the same missions just duplicated on 2 different terrains. In practice, they are just one set.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Mirage, and BD's TMs are great.

What modules have zero TMs?

Sorry to labour the point, but they are effectivly the same missions just duplicated on 2 different terrains. In practice, they are just one set.

Have you ever tried to take a mission edited on one map, and duplicated it to work on another map? .. yeah, I didnt think so :smilewink: ... if it were so easy, other Modules would have alternative training sets on other Maps, dont you think?

What modules have zero TMs?

For example, the F-15C, the I-16 ... I'm sure there are others. Fortunately, not many.

Have you ever tried to take a mission edited on one map, and duplicated it to work on another map? .. yeah, I didnt think so :smilewink: ... if it were so easy, other Modules would have alternative training sets on other Maps, dont you think?

I really don’t know what point you are trying to make. The degree of difficulty has nothing to do with the fact that, from a user point of view, they are the same 9 missions.

Nobody said anything about it being ‘so easy’.

Is there any module other than av8b with solid training missions? F18 F16 and A10C is missing so many of them. Is there a plan to add new training missions ? It seems quiete weird. AV8B is great because those missions makes it very easy to learn the plane. All other modues from ED are the same they are missing too much. I really love this game but it feels there is quiet a bitter taste left in my mouth with all the performance issuses with multiplayer and lack of training missions.

I get exactly where you're coming from. I found the training missions to be lacking as well.

However, I'm also aware that there's cost to production and I'd prefer the team putting in effort elsewhere. It's about priorities and resource limits.

The other option of course would be to put on extra staff, charge more for their products and have better training missions, but this could have an adverse effect where higher price = less customers which means either having to raise price for current customers to maintain the business.

I have no idea of their business model or profit & loss, and I would love to see better training missions. I personally would pay extra for them - but I'm not sure others would.

I also found the training missions to be a bit vague as well.

In the end - the best solution I've found is to have a friend fly with me, and be my training instructor. It was two way feedback, and real time.

Thinking way outside the box - maybe there's a market for that - where people can offer their services to be a training instructor at a small fee. :music_whistling: (I suspect it would have to be a love job with a small bonus - I doubt many would be willing or capable of paying full hourly rates).

Apart from that - this forum (I have read many different threads before I signed up) - would have to be one of the great resources out there.

I really don’t know what point you are trying to make..

That two sets of training missions is not the same as one set? :smartass:

Anyway, this is pointless ... so, lets stop the conversation. Good night.

Yeah I was engrossed heavily in learning the Hornet and got stalled and went on to other things because of this very reason and just being frustrated on what to do next and how.

I am sure at some point down the road I will get back to the Hornet but not much sense of direction now on what I need to do to finish learning it and being able to fly combat with it.

I would love to see new training missions added by ED to cover most everything to get one up to speed on flying combat with the plane. Frustration factor for me is just a little too high still.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah I was engrossed heavily in learning the Hornet and got stalled and went on to other things because of this very reason and just being frustrated on what to do next and how.

I am sure at some point down the road I will get back to the Hornet but not much sense of direction now on what I need to do to finish learning it and being able to fly combat with it.

I would love to see new training missions added by ED to cover most everything to get one up to speed on flying combat with the plane. Frustration factor for me is just a little too high still.

The Hornet set of TMs is incomplete, as you know. However, I feel that is a little unfair, Don. I mean, the Hornet has 20 TMs with 10 on weapons. A lot more than any other jet module I own. 5 combat TMs on the A-10C, 5 Viggen, 2 Viper, 7 F-5E, 4 Tomcat and 5 Mirage.

All Razbam aircrafts are supported by Baltic Dragon training missions and will provide the best user experience.

Rudel_chw has done an amazing job by providing training missions for the C-101 and JF-17. You can download them from the user files section in the DCS website

The YouTube series done by Wags are also a good way to learn some of the ED aircrafts, i.e F-18

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

I feel like there were more training missions for JF-17 the first time it was free but then disappeared or I was just not paying attention and mixed something up in my head.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria