AH-64A Apache-simulator, 2seated 1man-sim?

Katanaa

Im not that much into helis but from what i've read the AH-64A is 2seated, right?

And they're planning to release an apache-sim after Black shark is done (right?) with, probably, the same level of realism as black shark i suppose(?).

But.. how are you gonna be able to fly by yourself in a 2man-heli, and do both flying/gunning/whatever? :huh: Or are they gonna do it a coop-game maybe? :)

Someone please shed some light on this please, im really confused over here :)

Well,

If it can actually:

- tell you the number of enemies and their distance so as to actually maintain situational awareness ("one truck eleven O'clock" "about five thousand yards" "three trucks and an APC two O'clock" "about five thousand yards").

- properly prioritise threats (ie. quickly target and engage air defense units)

...it should work out alright.

It would also be nice if there were keyboard shortcuts for "target air defenses" "scan horizon" "slaughter remaining enemies" as well as "conserve ammo" and "fire away".

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would depend on the mode eg if you're playing MP there should be no pit switching if there is a human flying as the gunner. They could try and do what Janes did with LB2(with both SP and MP) and use an AI gunner or have the switch for changing seats. I think AI should be able to handle the job though likewise if you decide to fly as the gunner the AI should be able to do the flying for you.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I wuldnt trust an AI to fly my but around in MP or SP. I would trust thim to hover for me. But I dont plan on flying the AH-64 alone. :smilewink:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

• ED Team
Apache Longbow managed to release a 2seated 1-man sim 11 years ago... I guess ED can manage that too:)

Please remind that ED is interested in a very detailed simulation of all systems which is momentally not possible on the Longbow Apache because most of the systems are classified.

Thats why the DCS Series will simulate just the helicopters / aircrafts which can be modeled by ED`s high set standards. If you can provide us ( all ) with detailed AH-64 D documents im sure there will be a AH-64D sim. But beware of the FBI Agents chasing you ;)

Please remind that ED is interested in a very detailed simulation of all systems which is momentally not possible on the Longbow Apache because most of the systems are classified.

Thats why the DCS Series will simulate just the helicopters / aircrafts which can be modeled by ED`s high set standards. If you can provide us ( all ) with detailed AH-64 D documents im sure there will be a AH-64D sim. But beware of the FBI Agents chasing you ;)

I think he was just referring to the dual-seat functionality of the Apache Longbow sim, rather than the fact it modelled the Longbow :)

You know how it is, though - so many questions on why you can't have X aircraft that sometimes you get tunnel vision :P

ED are working on dual-seat functionality - there was limited dual-control functionality over a LAN connection in Lomac v1.02, so they've experimented with it before.

It's not just a case of reproducing that code, it's not suitable for use in Black Shark . . . but it'll probably count as valuable research :)

Hopefully the AI improvements visible at Black Shark release will provide some reassurance that it'd work OK offline, too.

There are already Longbow sims with quite detailed avionics EECH and Janes done quite a good job without upsetting anyone.

Even this is starting to look quite good.

http://www.simhq.com/_air10/air_313a.html:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

There are already Longbow sims with quite detailed avionics EECH and Janes done quite a good job without upsetting anyone.
We hear that a lot - that LB2 and EECH have already modeled the Longbow in the past. In terms of modeling the aircraft, the level of realism in both of them is in a completely different category from that which ED is pursuing with DCS. You cannot do what ED is attempting to do without enough documentation and expert input, which is simply not available for the Longbow today. Consider the modeling that has to be running "under the hood" if nearly every switch and button in the cockpit is functional. We're talking about hundreds of functions! Chizh once said that a clickable pit is like the tip of the iceberg - all the real work is invisible to the player, because it is the code of all the aircraft systems the player can interact with from the cockpit. In our case, this is all running in real time and modeled as accurately as possible for the specific aircraft.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I recintly went back to LB2 and played it. It was a great sim but looking at it with new eyes from todays standards. It is way behind the curve in FM. It was still fun to get back in the LB2 seat. But I felt their was many things missing. I just cant wait till the AH-64a comes out.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

Found some AH-64A pit lay outs.

ah64acopilotrf7.th.jpg cpgal9.th.jpg ah64apilotyp1.th.jpg pilotno2.th.jpg

And I thought the KA-50 had alot of switches