Carrier Landing

Rikus

Since i land F18 in Flight Simulator X + Acceleration, i see how poor is the Su33 carrier landing model.

The F18 is impressive modeled, how the plane goes up and down when you brake, how cushion the gear when you land, if you land hard, bye bye gear, if you land a bit bad the wing touch the deck.

Sorry for my poor english. You just have to fly it and see.

I hope DCS goes this way with future future future Su33 xddd

Greetings

A F/A-18 in DCS series is a pre-orgasmic dream I have :lol:

Have you tried X-plane v9? Carrier operations are far better, in my opinion, than FS, and a real challenger too. I haven't tried FSX accel. yet (simply my rig can't with it), but with the average flight dynamics of Flight Simulator...

About Su-33, I think it's very improbably that some day we will see one - ED stated in the past that Su33 info is classified yet.

Regards!!

Are you kidding me FSX Accel is pure crap, it doesn't even model a flight control system of the F-18A, not to mention you have to hit the deck in some strange way in order to make a trap, very much like in Falcon 4.0. X-plane indeed is the best carrier ops sim thus far (and, no it's not perfect, but the best that's out there). Realism and Acceleration are two different things I'm afraid :(

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

fsx model i feel is not that great compared to lock on and f4, i still think nothing compares to lock on every one forgets that lock on has buildings and trees trains beaches land marks mountains etc, i cant stand flight sim's rendered city's looks terrible. i am yet to see any other sim with that much detail.

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

just take the 25 or 25T and land it on the carrier :pilotfly:

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

...ummh, how can i do that??:cry:

VERY CAREFULLY,

Drop everything you are carrying, Drop all your internal fuel for enough for one go around,

Go as slow as you can and release chute to time with your wheels touching the deck. It will very close !!!

If you do it right you will end up at the top of the ramp and will have to roll back down. Wtach the brakes as you may end up dion g a wheelie when coming back down

VERY CAREFULLY,

Drop everything you are carrying, Drop all your internal fuel for enough for one go around,

Go as slow as you can and release chute to time with your wheels touching the deck. It will very close !!!

If you do it right you will end up at the top of the ramp and will have to roll back down. Wtach the brakes as you may end up dion g a wheelie when coming back down

hehe! Sounds like fun!

I'll have to try!! :D

I have to agree with Force_feedback here. Although I've never flown the accel pack F/A-18 in FSX, the screenies alone show plenty of errors and FF's comments on the flight model underline this impression, so this is no option for me. No doubt, the VC is absolutely beautiful modelled (developed by FSDreamteam/Cloud9 folks), however, the exterior model (done by CaptainSim) has several (shape) errors (bummer!), and the worst thing is the slat, flap and rudder deflection angles are way off.

I mean, the folks of ED have done such a perfect job on the F/A-18 exterior model and the control surfaces deflections are very accurate to the real thing, and yet it is only an AI plane! To me, this tells me a lot about the dedication of the fine ED folks! The LO/FC Hornet model is still the best I have seen to date in any flight simulation.

I too am dreaming of a flyable legacy Hornet for DCS one day... :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have to agree with Force_feedback here. Although I've never flown the accel pack F/A-18 in FSX, the screenies alone show plenty of errors and FF's comments on the flight model underline this impression, so this is no option for me. No doubt, the VC is absolutely beautiful modelled (developed by FSDreamteam/Cloud9 folks), however, the exterior model (done by CaptainSim) has several (shape) errors (bummer!), and the worst thing is the slat, flap and rudder deflection angles are way off.

I mean, the folks of ED have done such a perfect job on the F/A-18 exterior model and the control surfaces deflections are very accurate to the real thing, and yet it is only an AI plane! To me, this tells me a lot about the dedication of the fine ED folks! The LO/FC Hornet model is still the best I have seen to date in any flight simulation.

I too am dreaming of a flyable legacy Hornet for DCS one day... :joystick:

Don't let peoples opinions convince you too quickly as I can tell you the carrier ops in FSX accleration are actually better than LOs. For a start the take off process you taxi upto any CAT lower the lauch bar and press a key to connect with the CAT. The takeoff fault is mainly there is no hands off launching like IRL eg hands off stick is not yet modeled. Now the landings feature alot of detail regarding weight, FM and damage. Theres certainly alot more detail than alot of people are aware of for a start if you try to land with full tanks you are too heavy which is why some people get the impression of it being too difficult.(eg why they crash so easily) So you have to dump fuel to 5000lbs before you can safely land although I can do it on full tanks quite often now but thats due to my approach. ILS and TACAN aren't yet modeled on FSX neither is the LSO or the ATC although you can get a carrier mod which has those features for MP. If you try the missions out you'll have alot of fun its quite good particularly the carrier practice mission where you have to do 5 traps in wind and turbulence the things I find odd here is also the FPM which bounces around in turbulence. Now MP sucks since the carrier can't be seen by other people but you can get a mod where there is a stationary one MS still has alot of work to do to get the sim to the level of any other sim as far as MP and stuff goes. The carrier fleets in single player sail from one place too another and back as AI traffic which is quite good.(kind of like LOs train schedule) The FM is similar to LOs in that it requires alot of trim which IRL it shouldn't due to the FBW but its still better than any other fighter addons FM I've seen on FSX. The 3d pit rocks its in 6dof(HUD isn't collimated though) and things like the NAV lights you have to your head to one side to switch them on the pit also has working MFDs and UFC for autopilot, NAV, engines etc. Although none of that is mentioned in any manual in FSX or acceleraion so most answers can be found here.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]