ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

@Admiral189, Love the ship mods so far.  I'm using the latest copy of  the USNS mercy class ships, but I am getting the following errors:

2024-03-08 01:10:35.908 ALERT   Scripting (Main): loadfile: can't open 'D:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/USNS_Mercy_Class/MercyRunwaysAndRoutes.lua'
2024-03-08 01:10:35.909 ALERT   Scripting (Main): loadfile: can't open 'D:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/USNS_Mercy_Class/ComfortRunwaysAndRoutes.lua'

Looking in the pack it looks like those lua files are missing.  Tried looking through the forum page, but couldn't find if there was a lua file posted somewhere.

56 minutes ago, Marroux said:

Aloha,

Just put these 2 files in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\USNS_Mercy_Class\Database\Navy

ComfortRunwaysAndRoutes.lua 1.85 kB · 1 download MercyRunwaysAndRoutes.lua 1.85 kB · 1 download

@Marroux, thank you kindly for this.  I also worked on a new livery textures for them.  Were you able to extract UV layers for each of the maps?

Edited by Turbine 205
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone,

Thanks, Tripod. I think I will start creating more of those rust buckets as we used to call those old rusty ships. I didn’t understand how some were still floating but what I learned. It was more about whether they could go from point A to B than the rust. As long as it floats most of the ship operators didn’t care about the preservation of the ship.

OrdinaryPilot, it's funny you ask. I have an LCM-8 built from scratch. It should be done in a month. So standby for that mod.

Hello Dresoccer4,  that is a nice warship. I can create it if you’re willing to donate.  I will PM you the link to the mod. I don’t like posting 3d model links on the Forum.

Thanks, Marroux, for providing the files for the Mercy Class. This is the first I’ve heard of it. Hopefully, that resolved your problem Turbine205.

-- I am finishing up testing on the Hamina Class Missile Boat. She is ready for battle. I will not be creating Liveries for her.  You all are more than welcome to create liveries for her. Stay tuned for her release soon. I'm starting to like the Small Patrol Craft. Many more of them to come because we don't have many small coastal patrol boats in DCS.

The Hamina-class missile boat is a class of fast attack craft of the Finnish Navy. They are classified as "missile fast attack craft" or ohjusvene, literally "missile boat" in Finnish. The Hamina FACs are based at Upinniemi, and form the 7th Surface Warfare Squadron, part of the Finnish Coastal Fleet, together with the minelayers MLC HämeenmaaPorkkala, and Pyhäranta.

She is armed with 1x - Bofors 57 mm/70 SAK Mk3, 2x - 12.7 NSV Machine guns, 8x- Umkhonto-IR Sams and 4x - RBS-15 Mk2 (SSM) Anti-Ship Missiles.

Digital-Combat-Simulator-Black-Shark-Scr

Afterward, I will release the Rusty old container ship. I planned to release an Iranian Alvand Class Frigate along with her but I still have work to do on the Alvand class. Below is a story behind the IRIS Sahand Alvand Class Frigate.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRIS_Sahand_(1969). As far as I know, we don't have any Iranian Warships in DCS. We do have the FACs created by CH. 

Although I may not be posting a lot I'm always in the background working on something. Sometimes I work on too much at once but I'm always doing something. It's meditating!!

Stay Tuned for more AI DCS Ship Mods!!

WIP!!!

Screenshot-02-25-2024-09-33-20.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Hello Everyone, I hope you are doing well. My back pain is stable at the moment so I'm taking advantage of the moment to create more AI Ship mods.

I will be releasing the Hamina Class Missile Boat soon.

**Known issues. The RBS-15 Missile Launcher doesn't close after launching all missiles. I created the missile launcher because the 3d model didn't have one built. It's an AI vehicle script used on an AI ship so it doesn't function the same. Missile launch sounds aren't working properly. I will continue to work on the sound until it's resolved. It's a Pain in the 8$$. For some vessels they work fine for others it's trial and lots of error. 😀

The Hamina-class missile boat is a class of fast attack craft of the Finnish Navy. They are classified as "missile fast attack craft" or ohjusvene, literally "missile boat" in Finnish. 

The vessels were built in the late 1990s, early 2000s, and are the fourth generation of Finnish missile craft. The first vessel was ordered in December 1996 and the fourth was handed over on 19 June 2006. Since the launch of the Helsinki-class missile boats, all fast attack craft have been named after Finnish coastal cities. The class was previously known also as Rauma 2000 following its predecessor the Rauma class.

Stay Tuned!!

Hamina-Class-Missile-Boat-FNS-Tornio.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

DCS World AI Ship Mod Hamina Class Missile Boat has been released.  I've decided to create one more Coastal Patrol Boat so stay posted. 

If you have any major technical issues PLEASE PM me and I will resolve the issues as soon as I can.

Thank you all for your support. Please Enjoy the mod.

Finland.png

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Thanks Admiral!

Glad you are feeling better.

Another fine addition.

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hello Admiral, thank you very much for making these battleships and making our gaming experience more interesting~ I recently installed ESB-3 and I noticed that when respawning AH-64D on ESB, the game becomes very laggy and sometimes causes a crash, but everything works fine with UH-1H respawning, is this a bug that currently exists?

20240318114730.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Guys. I appreciate.

I will create another Small Coastal Patrol Boat due to our lack thereof while also working on the Iranian Frigate.

Thanks, Goetsch, I will test it now to see if I get lag while in the AH64. Did you see the lag in version 1.0.1? Version 1.0.1 should have addressed the lag. Either way. Testing now. Thanks.

• Like 4

USS Lewis B. Puller FPS Lag Update.

USS Lewis B. Puller lag issue number #2 has been resolved. I had to break up the collision model into five parts. I guess the game engine reads large AI mod files differently. Honestly, not sure why it happens. Below is the FPS I received in the AH-64 after I updated the ESB collision model. FPS was 117 and higher as seen in the top right corner of the screen. 

Goetsch, I will send you the updated collision model for testing. Please share your results with the Forum. 

After, you share your results. I will release ESB Collision Model update 1.0.2. Thank you.

If interested, I use an app called Frameview by Nvidia to test the FPS on my PC. The link is below.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/frameview/

Screenshot-03-18-2024-13-07-03.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

23 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

I use an app called Frameview by Nvidia to test the FPS on my PC. The link is below.

Is there a reason you do not use the FPS counter built into DCS? It has a nice feature that shows if you are GPU or CPU bound. Not sure how accurate it is compared to third party FPS counters. Default key for the built in counter is R Ctrl Pause/Break I think.

Good Afternoon Everyone.

The Collision model for the USS Lewis Puller has been released in Ver 1.0.2.

Currently, I'm playing around with texturing the Amazonas Class Offshore Patrol Vessel in Substance Painter. When you don't create the UVWs properly. it clearly shows but I will keep at it until I perfect it. The options you have in SP are endless.  The Amazonas Class Offshore Patrol Vessels are currently operated by the Royal Navy, Royal Thai Navy, Royal Bahrain Naval Forces, and Brazil.  The major differences I see amongst them all are deck weapons. WIP!!  Stay posted.

Screenshot-03-19-2024-12-50-20.png  

Honestly Beldin, I never knew about it. I will give it a try as well and compare FPS rates against Frame Rate. Thanks for sharing that information.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

That's good to hear Citizen. Sounds like we need more big decks in DCS. I have at least four more to create down the road. 

TCG Anadolu would be a neat big deck ship. Used by Turkey and would go well with the Syria map. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

That's good to hear Citizen. Sounds like we need more big decks in DCS. I have at least four more to create down the road. 

It'd be nice to get Chinese Type 075 LHDs and Wasp-class LHDs, and the later America-class LHAs that come with a Well deck.  Perhaps down the line, ships like Giuseppe Garibaldi, Cavour, Hyuga, Izumo, and Dokdo could be considered although I know decent 3D models of these are expensive and hard to come by.  

1 hour ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

It'd be nice to get Chinese Type 075 LHDs and Wasp-class LHDs, and the later America-class LHAs that come with a Well deck.  Perhaps down the line, ships like Giuseppe Garibaldi, Cavour, Hyuga, Izumo, and Dokdo could be considered although I know decent 3D models of these are expensive and hard to come by.  

Pretty sure admiral has a uss america mod on his site, we also have a 075 but its not released yet

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FuryNZ1781 said:

Pretty sure admiral has a uss america mod on his site, we also have a 075 but its not released yet

I'm aware.  USS America and USS Tripoli do not have well decks - they're more like VTOL carriers.  I'm talking about subsequent ships like Bougainville, Fallujah, and whatever comes in the future.  Those ones have a Well Deck at the stern to accommodate landing craft, RHIBs, and AAVs, as seen aboard the Wasp-class and Tarawa-class.