SU-57 Felon EFM Build

On 9/25/2023 at 1:26 PM, EA-18G_BlockII said:

I 2nd this, what do you think @cubanace?

Not that simple for many reasons let me try and explain.

I have done lot of 3d modeling in this mod to make the SU-57 as close as possible to that off Serial production.

My cockpit is the only cockpit model to simulate  that of a serial production, one piece MFD and other areas.

Weapons models  also made by me , there's lot of work and years out into this.

In the programming side things get even more serious in terms of time and research put into this .

The SU-57 progress continues privately with me and I can't release it open source for many reasons as mentioned above.

Anyone could go and sell 3d models specially the cockpit progress and external and weapons and so on.

Or as seen here many times someone will say they made it and so on.

In terms of programming I want people to learn and break their heads like I did , took me about 3 weeks to figure out Thrust vectoring and Vtol for my projects.

If I release these people will not learn but copy and paste instead again as proven here before.

I just don't have to time to keep updating old builds and Build 5 the standalone project is years away, I need more research.

I am busy studying and training for Military 🪖 Contractor  and at this point in time I just can't continue the SU-57 publically .

As soon as I get my certifications and finish my tactical training  and the studying goes a bit down il release Build 5 when it's ready.

Edited by cubanace
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 9/25/2023 at 2:19 PM, cubanace said:

Not that simple for many reasons let me try and explain.

I have done lot of 3d modeling in this mod to make the SU-57 as close as possible to that off Serial production.

My cockpit is the only cockpit model to simulate  that of a serial production, one piece MFD and other areas.

Weapons models  also made by me , there's lot of work and years out into this.

In the programming side things get even more serious in terms of time and research put into this .

The SU-57 progress continues privately with me and I can't release it open source for many reasons as mentioned above.

Anyone could go and sell 3d models specially the cockpit progress and external and weapons and so on.

Or as seen here many times someone will say they made it and so on.

In terms of programming I want people to learn and break their heads like I did , took me about 3 weeks to figure out Thrust vectoring and Vtol for my projects.

If I release these people will not learn but copy and paste instead again as proven here before.

I just don't have to time to keep updating old builds and Build 5 the standalone project is years away, I need more research.

I am busy studying and training to become a Sport Pilot Instructor and at this point in time I just can't continue the SU-57 publically.

As soon as I get my Sport Pilot Instructor Certification and the studying goes a bit down il release Build 5 when it's ready.

Completely respect this decision. I have many versions of SU57 over the years, seen all the variants and versions and progress throughout including the TV versions. Thank you.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

But this is usual in DCS modding! It´s called Vaporware and as I said it´s usual in DCS modding. 

Think about the Eurofighter, F-35, F-16 block 70 cockpit, ultra high detailed Rafale cockpit (not from the Rafale mod devs!! Was another different team!).and so on.

So I don´t care anymore about great looking screenshots or announcements. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 3:07 PM, IAR-93 said:

Man you killed us over the years , you start over i dont know 10 projects? And you didnt finished not a single one , anyway ,good luck with your projects in real life .

Let me make something clear, my projects I did not need to share with the community or forced to finish any of them, The SU-57 is the only project that I really cared about and I enjoyed working on for my own purposes but decided to share with the DCS community in which many have fun with, so I don't own anyone anything on the contrary what I did was out of my own good will.

Thank you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Jerec said:

But this is usual in DCS modding! It´s called Vaporware and as I said it´s usual in DCS modding. 

Think about the Eurofighter, F-35, F-16 block 70 cockpit, ultra high detailed Rafale cockpit (not from the Rafale mod devs!! Was another different team!).and so on.

So I don´t care anymore about great looking screenshots or announcements. 

These so called modders go thru a great deal of time and effort to bring the DCS community a free asset, see they don't sit and things just magically appear, it takes research, work, coding, 3d modeling and animation even to deliver something free as a MOD, everyone that plays a mod should be grateful no matter how good or bad the mod is because at least that person or team took their time and worked on something.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

Can you make the Su-57 mod a community free ware? so People can keep changing and making the Su-57?

I do believe that this will not happen. Personally I believe that each developer should have the freedom to choose the conditions for development and distribution of their work.

I also do not thing there is a point to keep pressing this subject.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I will be releasing the SU-57 Project ( build 5 )Standalone Simulation in the coming Months for all of you guys, once ready it will be found under user file section here in this website.

The New SU-57 Discord can be found here https://discord.gg/VuWNXjc5Uy 

Build 5:  SU-57 Standalone Simulation features.

custom RADAR,

custom RWR,

Custom navigation,

custom Weapons,

Custom FM and Thrust Vectoring,

Showcasing Canopy glass glare simulation.

Digital_Combat_Simulator_12_7_2023_10_13_21_PM~2.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_12_7_2023_10_15_22_PM~2.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_12_7_2023_10_01_28_PM~2.png

Edited by cubanace
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I would like to mirror the Brothers comments above.

I have known you for a long time.

To offer to release the current build is  very generous.

If you apply yourself in all life's endeavors, as you have this aircraft,

You will Succeed and prosper!

I wish you well.

Thanks for you time, and for showing things with code I did not know were possible without a SDK.

I still have the last public build.

I use fir adversaries!

A good opponent for a ai!

Cheers! 🖖

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 3

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

8 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

I would like to mirror the Brothers comments above.

I have known you for a long time.

To offer to release the current build is  very generous.

If you apply yourself in all life's endeavors, as you have this aircraft,

You will Succeed and prosper!

I wish you well.

Thanks for you time, and for showing things with code I did not know were possible without a SDK.

I still have the last public build.

I use fir adversaries!

A good opponent for a ai!

Cheers! 🖖

I appreciate your kind words, it's because people like you and the DCS community that I could never stop doing what I love, thanks again.

• Like 2

The New Su-57 Project build 5 simulation brings in its own su-57 Hud and HMD and unique radar contacts  and closure rates and direction.

Below are some screenshots of the new HUD and radar displaying in the HUD it self, this build uses its own radar and the radar is displayed in the HUD and the radar MFD section.

The contacts are unique and feature a line that tells direction and closure rate along with distance and of course the contact it self.

Also this new build offers the ability to see your internal weapons in your Arming screen.

This is a standalone mod and no FC3 or any other module is needed.

Digital_Combat_Simulator_12_9_2023_9_30_50_AM.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_12_9_2023_9_33_12_AM.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_12_9_2023_9_32_32_AM.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_12_9_2023_10_20_49_AM.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_12_9_2023_10_19_39_AM.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Welcome to the SU-57 Project Simulator (Build 5) coming in a few months to "DIGITAL COMBAT SIMULATOR"!

This standalone MOD does not require any additional modules to run; it operates independently, utilizing its own systems. The intricate development process accounts for its extended duration, particularly as we conduct extensive research for accurate simulation.

Goals:

1. Realistic Flight Dynamics: Aiming to faithfully replicate the aircraft's flight characteristics by considering its aerodynamic design, engine performance, and handling qualities. However, certain advanced capabilities are limited due to the current lack of comprehensive data.

2. High-Fidelity Cockpit: Detailed cockpit modeling, featuring functional displays, switches, and controls for an immersive pilot experience. Yet, some aspects are constrained by data limitations.

3. Realistic Sounds: Authentic audio effects, encompassing engine sounds, weapon releases, and communication systems, to heighten the simulation's realism.

4. Basic Stealth and DCIRM Simulation: Countermeasures against radar and heat-seeking missiles, simulating stealth capabilities to a fundamental level.

5. Supercruise Abilities: Capable of reaching speeds up to Mach 1.3 without reliance on afterburners.

Please note that due to the classified nature of this aircraft, our research is conducted publicly for the Mod's development. Expectations of 100% realism may not be met, but our objective remains to approach this realism as closely as possible. Your patience and support during this evolutionary journey are appreciated. The project commenced in 2016.

Best regards,
CubanAce

Digital Combat Simulator 12_9_2023 12_45_35 PM.png

Edited by cubanace
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 8