New screen 04.04.2008

Kusch

Oh man..that is awesome. The Kiowa is one of my favorite helos. Small, nimble..but packs a punch. One of my favorite things in the old Longbow 2 was to fly the Kiowa and drag along an AH-64 as my wingman...then just use him as I spotted targets. Very cool helicopter... I mean, look at the size of it..looks like you strap it on instead of getting into it:

http://tri.army.mil/LC/CS/Csa/oh-58d2.jpg

BeachAV8R

Question. Are You testing new models in some old BETA built? Textures are still from LockOn.

The Kiowa screenshots? I don't know..I didn't take those screens..but they don't appear to reflect the new airbase textures. The texture modding is an ongoing process and they are doing a great job (as you've seen in some of the other threads with screenshots..)..

BeachAV8R

I don't think that the shadows on the aircraft will be smooth in DCS: Black Shark :noexpression:, I only think there won't be any bugs like dark aircraft or carrier appears suddenly dark when you're about to land on it.:smilewink:

I think it's better to have stepped self shadow like it is now in Lock On than no self shadow.

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

Are more objects self-shadowed then the 1st on scene?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Are more objects self-shadowed then the 1st on scene?

No, only the viewed object casts self-shadows.

Question. Are You testing new models in some old BETA built? Textures are still from LockOn.

As already mentioned, the mods are still under development and will be integrated when ready. For now, we install them as mods.

• Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I really look forward to the day when DCS will have the ability for us to fly online in large groups designating targets in a little Kiowa for fast movers to drop LGBs on :D or spotting for Apache packs :joystick:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You'll like it until someone spots YOU :D

How well are the corporate Jetrangers armored? And can a .22 penetrate the gearbox? And does it have a anti-islamist farmer strobe that projects pork directly onto the retina of a potential farmer?

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Too bad if you shot at it with a BB gun it'll go down, which is why in LB2 I didn't fly anything but an Apache. Flew a few missions in the Kiowa and UH-60 but always the Apache.

Are you talking about in LB2 or do you have a lot of experience with KW shootdowns in real life?

Too bad if you shot at it with a BB gun it'll go down, which is why in LB2 I didn't fly anything but an Apache. Flew a few missions in the Kiowa and UH-60 but always the Apache.

Adds to the challenge: don't get seen, don't get hit.

Imagine the missions that an OH-58A could open up?

Adds to the challenge: don't get seen, don't get hit.

Imagine the missions that an OH-58A could open up?

That was exactly why the Kiowa was my favorite ride in LB2. I flew missions for an hour and longer just to find a hole in the defense, sneak in, kill the primary target and sneak out without having to rearm.:thumbsup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Yeah..that was the fun part of it. And using the "muscle" (an AH-64 wingman) was fun because you had to be sort of smart with him and keep him on a leash..lest you get caught way behind enemy lines alone and defenseless. Longbow 2 was (is) a really fantastic sim..

BeachAV8R

Sorry for the long delay. I was just wondering because I am currently flying about ninety hours a month in Iraq in the little helicopter that "can be shot down with a BB gun" and would disagree with your opinion. Any aircraft can be taken down with a well placed bullet. The reason you see more OH-58D accidents is due to us hanging it out for the ground guys. Getting close to the fight. Using M-4's to "deal with" insurgents. How many pilots of other airframes do you see engaging with M-4's? I would venture to say none, with maybe some exceptions in the Spec Ops community. Let me tell you, the KW can take a quite a beating and still make it home.

i think we [our useless cts] ordered about 50..... [49 mothballed i think....]

hats orf to the KW guys.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45