F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

On 1/29/2023 at 2:10 PM, Tusk.V said:

Is there any way to get SimShaker working with this? It doesn’t have to be all options. Just a few would be nice. 

I don't have SimShaker, so I'm not sure.  I use a buttkicker that doesn't rely on software integration, just the bass channel.  

On 1/31/2023 at 9:00 PM, BlackReef said:

Does anybody else notice an un-natural vibration or shake when flying, like the plane is glitchy a bit

I have not noticed this.

Need a livery that has the balloon 'kill' emblazoned on the fuselage... 

I don't think this is a legit photo... Just an example. 😁

BalloonKiller.jpeg

Edited by =DROOPY=
  • Like 1

Unique aviation images for the passionate aviation enthusiast:

Fb: FighterJetGeek Aviation Images - Home | Facebook

IG: https://www.instagram.com/the_fighterjetgeek/

Aviation Photography Digest: AviationPhotoDigest.com/author/SMEEK9

Forgive me if this was answered before. When I fire the canon it doesn't show any rounds leaving the barrel. Any idea how to remedy this. I went in to instant action, no visible rounds leaving barrel also went into mission editor and tried changing the ammo type, still no visible rounds. It does make the sounds of the gun firing and I can hit targets, but no visual. Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, The 11thHour said:

Forgive me if this was answered before. When I fire the canon it doesn't show any rounds leaving the barrel. Any idea how to remedy this. I went in to instant action, no visible rounds leaving barrel also went into mission editor and tried changing the ammo type, still no visible rounds. It does make the sounds of the gun firing and I can hit targets, but no visual. Thanks in advance.

In the mission editor on the right side, you can select the ammo types for your aircraft or your wingmen.  The default ammo type has no tracers.

@Nightstormidea for pylons. The current F-22 is missing 2 pylons, and has a fictional smoke pylon. So, could you implement a system where 2 of the F-22s inner bay pylons are AMBER rack AIM-120s, and the other 2 are single AIM-120s? This would free up 2 pylons for the outboard wing stations and even will let you keep the smoke stations. Why not?

14 hours ago, SilentSparrow said:

@Nightstormidea for pylons. The current F-22 is missing 2 pylons, and has a fictional smoke pylon. So, could you implement a system where 2 of the F-22s inner bay pylons are AMBER rack AIM-120s, and the other 2 are single AIM-120s? This would free up 2 pylons for the outboard wing stations and even will let you keep the smoke stations. Why not?

There's something already being planned to make better use of the two external pylons we have access to.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 3:12 PM, Nightstorm said:

There's something already being planned to make better use of the two external pylons we have access to.

This something maybe in pair of EFM and AIR-to-GROUND missiles? 😉

BTW Did Grinelli stopped developing this mod? You are the only contributor?

It would be awesome to get hands on encrypted systems lua files.

Great work Nightstorm!!! 🙂 Thanks for your work!!!

Well, GS is showing off again and again the vector-thrusting enabled version of this mod, which we may never get our hands on. Shame.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

@mrjay As far as I'm aware, Grinelli doesn't have any intentions of continuing development of the F-22 mod.  Who know?  Thay may change in the future, but I wouldn't count on it.

4 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Well, GS is showing off again and again the vector-thrusting enabled version of this mod, which we may never get our hands on. Shame.

Yes, it would've been awesome if the thrust vectoring version had been released to the public.  I personally don't know how to create a thrust vectoring EFM / DLL for the F22 and I don't *think* it's possible without access to all of the systems files.  I could be wrong.

Regarding what's in the works, it was inspired by the Boeing stealth weapons pod for the F/A-18EX and some recent photos of the Raptor with stealthy pods on the wing pylons.  I think you can probably guess as to the idea.  I'll let everyone know up front, unless we have access to the original F-22 model, which we don't, animation of the pods likely isn't possible.

16 minutes ago, Nightstorm said:

Yes, it would've been awesome if the thrust vectoring version had been released to the public.  I personally don't know how to create a thrust vectoring EFM / DLL for the F22 and I don't *think* it's possible without access to all of the systems files.  I could be wrong.

Well, the Su-30 mod has 2 modes of vector thrusting...

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

That's because GR make their own modifications to all the mods as well. At first to be compatible to the GR modern missiles and second to make them more realistic in there own definitions of trustworthy public information. So with these two things in mind we will never get these GR mods as they show them in their videos. They would never public them without the original mod developers consent. So yeah either this way or the other possibility: the original mod developers asking GR for all the changes they did with GRs okay to include the GR code into the original mod.

Anyway yeah I would love to see the GR mod developers working together and contributing to the "first hand" mod developers mods. Combined forces for the as good as possible community mods, downloadable for everyone.

[ ]  twitch.tv/eld0r — Chaos, dumme Sprüche, Chaos und keine Wiederholungen.  [ ]

6 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Well, the Su-30 mod has 2 modes of vector thrusting...

If I'm not mistaken the developer of that mod implemented thrust vectoring themselves.  I'm not saying that it can't be done.  I'm saying that the systems code for the F22 is encrypted, and I don't think thrust vectoring can be implemented without access to that code.

If you know a way, please share.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 6:12 AM, Nightstorm said:

Please say it's these pods....  😄

Untitled-scaled.jpg?auto=webp&optimize=h

• Like 2

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Hi all today I fly in this F22 mod with the newest update but I found all the 120D/120D-2 I fired go straight to the space. Fired from 50k feets and the 120D went to 100k+ feets and of coz missed the target. I thought maybe some weapon conflict with other mods so I removed them but no luck 😞 Anyone have any ideas or experienced similar issues before? 🙄 

sidewinder works fine

Edited by FlyingAlex

On 2/10/2023 at 10:34 PM, Nightstorm said:

If you know a way, please share.

Sorry, either GD or a genius can help here, which I am neither.

4 hours ago, FlyingAlex said:

Hi all today I fly in this F22 mod with the newest update but I found all the 120D/120D-2 I fired go straight to the space. Fired from 50k feets and the 120D went to 100k+ feets and of coz missed the target. I thought maybe some weapon conflict with other mods so I removed them but no luck 😞 Anyone have any ideas or experienced similar issues before? 🙄 

sidewinder works fine

I used it just this past weekend and it was working fine.  There haven't been any recent updates to it.  If there is a conflict, I'm not sure what it would be.  See if you can do some troubleshooting to determine that.  Any other recently updated mods etc.

4 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

I used it just this past weekend and it was working fine.  There haven't been any recent updates to it.  If there is a conflict, I'm not sure what it would be.  See if you can do some troubleshooting to determine that.  Any other recently updated mods etc.

I haven’t played with F22A since 2.8.1 update stable but I update the mod as long as you release new update. I use git locally to keep track of the files changed so I shouldn’t mess up. I tried rollback to earlier version but no luck 😞 I am thinking if it’s the old loadout preset causing this issue but it shouldn’t be…

Edit: Test with original F22 mod still no luck. Weird.  Asked with original mod dev they said it was broken due to Aim120 guidance code update while 120D is the same missile without drag

Can anyone with stable release confirm it? I better go for OB from now on and test again while the stable not really stable and there’s no advantage to use stable

Edited by FlyingAlex

7 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

I've been on Open Beta for a long time and that's what I'm currently using.

Tested several round with latest OB and only this mod installed.  The missile still pull up too much if the target is over 80nm.

I released AIM120D2 in 6 different distances 

Test with F22A angel 37 1.5Mach

targeting at Mig29A angel 30 Mach 1 Hot

1st to 3rd launch which were ~120nm  ~100nm ~90nm where mig 29A just entered the Rmax: missile climbed to ~180k feets and come down while mig29 was at 20nm close then overshoot. The missile was still at 100k feets high while it reach the mig29 coordinate

4th launch which the mig29a was at ~80nm, the missile climbed to around 90k feets but it managed to get down fast enough to splash mig29a

5-6th launch around 5-60nm the missile work normally 

I could attach a track file after work.

Do you mind kindly take a look if it’s work as normal or something went wrong?

Edited by FlyingAlex

this is a core ED feature. No ordnance can get higher than... I actually don't know the correct number but let's call it space border and just guesstimate it to 90000 ft altitude. So if a missile overcomes that space border it's simulation stops working and it will continue whatever. (that happened to a lot high-high fired AIM-54 in the past as well)

Are you sure the parameters are exactly the same? Cause this space border was always a thing. Maybe the missile now slightly overperforms and cross that border more often this version. (It also could be as simple as beeing out of electric juice. Battery life is a thing apparently.)

Anyway the missile too high problem is a thing mentioned by GR on a YT video and was a problem they had to overcome when developing their custom modern missiles mod as well. They hardcoded a high limit on their internal modern missile mod. (well or some similar workaround).

So in this case no other than ED themselves is able to help. This might actually be known by ED already and automatically fixed with the new engine. soon™

Edited by Eld0r
some additional explaining, typos and granma

[ ]  twitch.tv/eld0r — Chaos, dumme Sprüche, Chaos und keine Wiederholungen.  [ ]

@FlyingAlex The loft can be adjusted, and in fact has been.  I haven't tested them thoroughly since the holidays when I put out the Modern Missiles mod.  The F-22 is using similar code for the 120D's.  Something may have changed in recent updates to increase the effect of the loft value.  Depending on which version you're using, look in the files A2A_Missiles.lua or aim120_family.lua and under the AIM-120D you'll find this line:

loft_factor = 3.0,        --NIGHTSTORM Reduced loft factor from 4.5 for new seeker code to avoid overshoot.

As you can see, even by the note I'd already reduced the loft value from the original 4.5.  Also, I lowered it to avoid the exact issue you're describing.  That problem was introduced several months ago.  Since they've adjusted the seeker code again, it might have broken it again.

Try dropping it down to 2 and see if it makes a difference.  I won't have time to test this until the weekend myself.  However, that's the likely culprit.

• Thanks 2

On 2/16/2023 at 7:09 AM, Nightstorm said:

@FlyingAlex The loft can be adjusted, and in fact has been.  I haven't tested them thoroughly since the holidays when I put out the Modern Missiles mod.  The F-22 is using similar code for the 120D's.  Something may have changed in recent updates to increase the effect of the loft value.  Depending on which version you're using, look in the files A2A_Missiles.lua or aim120_family.lua and under the AIM-120D you'll find this line:

loft_factor = 3.0,        --NIGHTSTORM Reduced loft factor from 4.5 for new seeker code to avoid overshoot.

As you can see, even by the note I'd already reduced the loft value from the original 4.5.  Also, I lowered it to avoid the exact issue you're describing.  That problem was introduced several months ago.  Since they've adjusted the seeker code again, it might have broken it again.

Try dropping it down to 2 and see if it makes a difference.  I won't have time to test this until the weekend myself.  However, that's the likely culprit.

Ok tested with different altitude.

Reduce the factor to 0.35 did the trick. May still need to reduce the missile power. It’s so energetic 😇

Edited by FlyingAlex
  • Thanks 1