F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

Hi @Nightstorm I have a question for you:

I have to say thank you for you to have this amazing F-22 enhancement mod, the mod works perfectly fine, also the aim 260 mod also works on the @Spino's F-15EX and F-15CGE as well, but the thing is, i need the aim-260 jATM mod to work properly on other US and NATO aircraft (e.g. F-16, F-18, F-35, F-4). So how can i do so?

Anyway is it ok to copy the A2AMissiles.lua file from the F-22 Enhancement Single Player folder to Program Files / Eagle Dynamics / DCS Openbeta / Coremods / aircraft/ Aircraft Weapon Pack  and do something else or so?

Edited by The Impostor

On 1/16/2024 at 2:42 AM, The Impostor said:

Hi @Nightstorm I have a question for you:

I have to say thank you for you to have this amazing F-22 enhancement mod, the mod works perfectly fine, also the aim 260 mod also works on the @Spino's F-15EX and F-15CGE as well, but the thing is, i need the aim-260 jATM mod to work properly on other US and NATO aircraft (e.g. F-16, F-18, F-35, F-4). So how can i do so?

Anyway is it ok to copy the A2AMissiles.lua file from the F-22 Enhancement Single Player folder to Program Files / Eagle Dynamics / DCS Openbeta / Coremods / aircraft/ Aircraft Weapon Pack  and do something else or so?

The only way to get the AIM-260 to work on those aircraft is to replace a missile that they can already use.  It MUST be supported by the avionics.  That's what I did with the AIM-120B to make it the AIM-120D in the Modern Missiles Mod.  It wouldn't take a LOT of effort to convert the AIM-120D to the AIM-260 but that's what would need to happen.  Maybe I can work that out in the not so distant future.  I've got a week of vacation coming up in Feb.  This would apply to the F-16/F/A-18.  The F-14 it can be added in place of the Phoenix.  Other 3rd party aircraft (mods) it should be possible to add.  It's not as simple as just copying that A2AMissiles.lua.  It depends on if they're official mods by ED (F-16/18) or Heatblur (F14) or others.

8 hours ago, Tusk.V said:

Has anybody tried to make differenct cockpit textures for this? Maybe add some wear and tear?

Not that I know of.  It wouldn't be hard to implement them.  I'm not a texture artist myself.  If anyone wanted to take that on, I could easily incorporate them into the mod.

9 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

The only way to get the AIM-260 to work on those aircraft is to replace a missile that they can already use.  It MUST be supported by the avionics.  That's what I did with the AIM-120B to make it the AIM-120D in the Modern Missiles Mod.  It wouldn't take a LOT of effort to convert the AIM-120D to the AIM-260 but that's what would need to happen.  Maybe I can work that out in the not so distant future.  I've got a week of vacation coming up in Feb.  This would apply to the F-16/F/A-18.  The F-14 it can be added in place of the Phoenix.  Other 3rd party aircraft (mods) it should be possible to add.  It's not as simple as just copying that A2AMissiles.lua.  It depends on if they're official mods by ED (F-16/18) or Heatblur (F14) or others.

Not that I know of.  It wouldn't be hard to implement them.  I'm not a texture artist myself.  If anyone wanted to take that on, I could easily incorporate them into the mod.

I just think it would add to the realism. It's almost too clean right now.

How can you get the cockpit photo to be on by default?

Edited by Tusk.V

Specs: i7 13700KF @ 5.5, 64Gb RAM, RTX 4090, Pimax Crystal

10 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

The F-14 should be able to carry it just by modding the F-14 LUA file itself.  That's how the AIM-152 mod works.  However, that doesn't work for the glass cockpit jets like the Hornet and Viper, you have to use the replacement method for them.

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, UH-1Y/AH-1Z, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

On 1/18/2024 at 8:35 AM, Tusk.V said:

I just think it would add to the realism. It's almost too clean right now.

How can you get the cockpit photo to be on by default?

It might be possible via the MFD code, but it would have to be two versions.  I don't want to have to maintain multiple versions.  It's a single button push to turn on the photo.

On 1/18/2024 at 12:15 PM, Nightstorm said:

@Nightstorm, I've successfully incorporated the AIM-260A JATM as well as the AIM-9x Bl.III on the F-16, F-18, A-10, F-86, F-15E, F-2, EF Typhoon, Rafale by copying the CLSID of the AIM-260A + AIM-9X Bl.III such as:
{ CLSID = "{AIM-260A}" ,arg_value = 0.0},

When you copy that to an aircraft LUA module using Notepad ++, notice that the aircraft has several CLSIDs, which dictates which weapons that aircraft would store. (e.g.: F-16C.lua). I placed the CLSID of the JATM on the aircraft lua file (if you can't find it, either head to the aircraft folder, then either search for Entry/Weapons/Scripts or if possible the aircraft LUA module will simply appear alongside entry.lua. Then when I loaded DCS I could not just only successfully incorporate it, but also the missile worked when the AI F-16 launched the JATM.

That's what it takes to incorporate a new weapon to other planes. Remember you need a lot of good coding skills for this, especially LUA. Better TAKE 100% risks for this.

On 1/29/2024 at 7:21 AM, The Impostor said:

@Nightstorm, I've successfully incorporated the AIM-260A JATM as well as the AIM-9x Bl.III on the F-16, F-18, A-10, F-86, F-15E, F-2, EF Typhoon, Rafale by copying the CLSID of the AIM-260A + AIM-9X Bl.III such as:
{ CLSID = "{AIM-260A}" ,arg_value = 0.0},

When you copy that to an aircraft LUA module using Notepad ++, notice that the aircraft has several CLSIDs, which dictates which weapons that aircraft would store. (e.g.: F-16C.lua). I placed the CLSID of the JATM on the aircraft lua file (if you can't find it, either head to the aircraft folder, then either search for Entry/Weapons/Scripts or if possible the aircraft LUA module will simply appear alongside entry.lua. Then when I loaded DCS I could not just only successfully incorporate it, but also the missile worked when the AI F-16 launched the JATM.

That's what it takes to incorporate a new weapon to other planes. Remember you need a lot of good coding skills for this, especially LUA. Better TAKE 100% risks for this.

I know you can add them to the aircraft that way and get the AI to use them.  Can the PLAYER use them?  In the past they had to be supported by the avionics.  The only work around was to replace a weapon that was.  There have been several mods that add AI use only additional weapons to aircraft.  If that's all you're looking to do, that method works fine.

Edited by Nightstorm

@Spino

I have a question to you. How can I activate the J35A? It shows me Inactive in the options.

image.jpeg

nullI copied your mod into Savegame/DCS/Mods/Aircraft. DCS started, but I can't select it in the mission editor. It would be great if you could give me some help with this.

Is this correct?

image.jpeg

greeting Mike

3 hours ago, Mike34 said:

@Spino

I have a question to you. How can I activate the J35A? It shows me Inactive in the options.

image.jpeg

nullI copied your mod into Savegame/DCS/Mods/Aircraft. DCS started, but I can't select it in the mission editor. It would be great if you could give me some help with this.

Is this correct?

image.jpeg

greeting Mike

First of all that's not my mod, I just provide a link to it.  A recent DCS patch may have broken it and the developer hasn't fixed it yet.  I can have a closer look at this sooner perhaps.

• Like 1

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, UH-1Y/AH-1Z, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

Hi Spino

Thanks for the reply. There are many good mods that no longer work with the DCS update over the years. Hopefully the J35A can be activated again. For the F22 I only have the SU57 as an opponent... So thank you again for your efforts...

greetings

Mike

1 hour ago, Mike34 said:

Hi Spino

Thanks for the reply. There are many good mods that no longer work with the DCS update over the years. Hopefully the J35A can be activated again. For the F22 I only have the SU57 as an opponent... So thank you again for your efforts...

greetings

Mike

There is J-20 Mod

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 7:32 PM, flavnet said:

It does not work anymore .... sigh

Yup. Noticed the same. But I bet it is not far from working, as many other mods also got their msls working (super hornet for instance, and with eurofighter..) Hmm. Could I really dont know ANYTHING about these things, but could I somehow, for example, use Eurofighter mods msls to get D´s working? But yeah Noticed just same. I think last update has done something, as there really is not long since I just flew with f22.

I just got a Fox3 server and added the grinnelli f22 and then added the F22 expansion. Had a group of 3 f22s with one of them NOT having the expansion and we all 3 were tracked and shot at by S300 sites.

I played on a “ALL MODS” server that had the regular f22 in it and it seemed like NOTHING could track or launch unless it was another jet super close. What did I do wrong for my server to treat the F22 like a normal aircraft?

2 minutes ago, Themonsterisme said:

I just got a Fox3 server and added the grinnelli f22 and then added the F22 expansion. Had a group of 3 f22s with one of them NOT having the expansion and we all 3 were tracked and shot at by S300 sites.

I played on a “ALL MODS” server that had the regular f22 in it and it seemed like NOTHING could track or launch unless it was another jet super close. What did I do wrong for my server to treat the F22 like a normal aircraft?

Also the only 3 mods on server is the f22, the f22 expansion and the f15ex

On 1/18/2024 at 12:15 AM, Nightstorm said:

Speaking of AIM 260, are you planning on adding loft capability to it?

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 2:36 PM, Themonsterisme said:

Also the only 3 mods on server is the f22, the f22 expansion and the f15ex

Anyone have this issue? Is it something I didn’t setup correctly with RCS or something?

Hi mr. NightStorm,

first I would like to thank you again for this awesome work and all the work you bring to the comunity in other mods/projects.

I dunno for sure, but for me after the last update of the Su-30 MOD when I activate the Weapons Enhancement mod with the F-22A Enhancement mod, I can no long see the textures of the missiles of the Su-30 MOD.

Can you take a look if there is anything you can do to avoid this conflitation with that mod?

Thank you man

5 hours ago, Themonsterisme said:

Anyone have this issue? Is it something I didn’t setup correctly with RCS or something?

F22 RCS seems fine to me, at least in SP anyway my su35 shot an f22 with R77m at about 20km away. could you replicate this in SP?

On 2/27/2024 at 5:16 AM, davigt said:

Hi mr. NightStorm,

first I would like to thank you again for this awesome work and all the work you bring to the comunity in other mods/projects.

I dunno for sure, but for me after the last update of the Su-30 MOD when I activate the Weapons Enhancement mod with the F-22A Enhancement mod, I can no long see the textures of the missiles of the Su-30 MOD.

Can you take a look if there is anything you can do to avoid this conflitation with that mod?

Thank you man

Dont want to put words in anyones mouth, and afterall havent got pretty much any clue how those missile things cross eachother, BUT what I can say for sure, is that many of thesekind of community mods, using more or less new / same new / old missiles configured to modern (or whatever) missiles, sounds etc - very often they cross eachother someways. I have wondered for instance sounds, what ever mod I have installed puts fc3 flankers sounds (as they usually use em or su-25t etc) to some of installed free mods sounds / messes original fc3 sounds. Havent really got the logic how / which sound is the main one driving over every other, but as an example. But yeah would be nice if somebody would draw an ideamap style of "squares and arrows" style of logic how dcs loads files and which uses which. Are the savedgames/dcs filess always the ones "on top", etc etc. For instace, it would be nice to have a mod or some enchancement also which woudl drive all missiles to evey plane with new conf (same conf) but dunno if it is possible? Can I for example shoot somehow nightstorms aim-9X3 with F-15C somehow etc. 🙂 Havent btw tried f22 now after that fc3 graph patch. Does it still work? 🙂

• 2 weeks later...