Control bindings reset?

Skysurfer

It's unfortunately due to the addition of the -A and to have both use the same keybinds. The alternative would be to have two keybind setups, one for each aircraft.

Your keybinds are not deleted though and can be imported for each controller if you rightclick the controller name itself and find and import your old controller keybind file.

Just go to controls for F14, click little black triangle near the name of your controller then chose "load profile".

Then you can navigate to saved Games/DCS/COnfig/Input/F-14B and retrieve the appropriateprofile, which you load.

Then enjoy the -A

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Just go to controls for F14, click little black triangle near the name of your controller then chose "load profile".

Then you can navigate to saved Games/DCS/COnfig/Input/F-14B and retrieve the appropriateprofile, which you load.

Then enjoy the -A

interesting, thanks!

I took a few mins to rebind mine. I think that I've actually improved the usability.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Were there any controls that were deleted? I'm having a problem finding a few I had mapped before.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Just go to %UserProfile%\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input in Windows explorer, select F-14B folder, paste it and rename the copied one to F-14. Same applies for the RIO one. When you're ok with the controls and checked everything you can delete the old F-14B folders.

Yep, worked out well. The new binds are just called F-14 and F-14_RIO in the input folder. Old ones are 14B and 14B_RIO.

I just noticed the issue myself without then entering the mapping menu (so nothing was overwritten). Now I'll try to just rename those within the saved games folder. In the module folder, it's still with the B in the names though.

Edit: That worked like a charm, all my keyboard bindings are back... guess it's the same for the other devices which I have yet to plug.

So basically, just do this:

Go to C:\Users\[Your user name]\Saved Games\DCS[.openbeta]\Config\Input

And rename F-14B to F-14 and F-14B_RIO to F-14_RIO by just removing the B.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

So basically, just do this:

Go to C:\Users\[Your user name]\Saved Games\DCS[.openbeta]\Config\Input

And rename F-14B to F-14 and F-14B_RIO to F-14_RIO by just removing the B.

Thank you Eldur for the simplifying it.

• Like 1

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9