Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

The one thing that I think should be mentioned is we haven't seen much with regard to the F1s Cyrano IV RADAR, and we've so far not seen a shot of it working.

True, when I saw the video pop up on YT I expected it would feature a 530 shot at least.

1 hour ago, Fairey Gannet said:

I also noticed, that usually bulk of videos (regarding jets) is focused on 4th gen US stuff. Yes, you will have few seconds of say, Mirage 2000C, there will be some shots of FC3 red jets, but Vipers, 'Cats and Hornets are all over the place. Mudhen is probably fitting, because it is going to be next big US 4th gen module. 

Yep, the Viggen, F-5, Sabre, Mig-15 and Mig-19 are also often absent, and the Mig-21 mostly features as a target.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2021 at 7:29 PM, spartan2078 said:

image.png

There you can see the camera with the glass panel on the botom and side. That s the camera lodging for the recon CR.

image.png

And where on the CT it s only a rangefinder with a panel only on front. It s also more squary. 

the CT rangefinder is pretty round, The CR camera panel is flatter but has angles on the side.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk

In regards to the CT/CR talk that has been going on I think that it is just a French livery for the plane. From what I have heard on the C-101 different liveries alter the shape of the plane. More specifically the nose. Even in the teaser on the Iraqi Mirages you can see the vertical stabilizer is slightly different to the other mirages. I don't think that Aerges would be teasing a new variant when the first one is not even out yet. And keep in mind they still have to do the BE EE and M version that they have already committed to.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2021 at 8:47 PM, Northstar98 said:

The one thing that I think should be mentioned is we haven't seen much with regard to the F1s Cyrano IV RADAR, and we've so far not seen a shot of it working.

Yup, absolutely right. Without asking for any timeline it would be quite nice by AERGES, though to make a statement on what still needs to be completed on the first F1 version to be released by them. And by actually doing this before the end of 2021 AERGES would wisely manage and align the expectations of many people following the progress of this beautiful module on a regular basis. Especially a small heads-up on the progress of the Cyrano radar would certainly clarify where we stand with this module at the beginning of 2022. Merry Christmas to all of you, guys!!!

• Like 5

I’d be quite happy to see the F1 drop in to early access with just fox 2 capability…

As for release timing, Aerges says

Dear friends,
We are happy to introduce you our teaser for the Early Access version of DCS: Mirage F1, which will be soon available.

Reads to me like Q1.  For all we know it may be waiting for the Apache, which based on the ramped up video output, must be close…

• Like 4

On 12/23/2021 at 8:42 AM, rkk01 said:

Anyone know what map that is at 00:30…?

Would look great screaming along above those rough South Atlantic whitecaps*

* wrong Mirage variant and wrong side (for me) accepted as sim artistic licence 😉

I'm curious as well, I think is Syria, but cannot find the exact spot.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

2 hours ago, TLTeo said:

It hasn't been announced yet, but it will likely be a hotfix. If I had to guess ED is going to release the Apache either in January or February, then the MB-339 the following month, and the F1 will come 1-2 updates later.

Yup, you´re probably right with your guesstimate. What we know for sure, though is that for the most part of January there won´t be any updates because of ED´s well deserved holiday period. Also, we do not even know if the F1 is already in internal testing. @ Silver Dragon: Can you please enlighten us here a little bit if you´re allowed to tell us? Do you know if the F1 has already reached internal testing stage? THX in advance... ;-D

4 hours ago, TLTeo said:

If I had to guess ED is going to release the Apache either in January or February, then the MB-339 the following month, and the F1 will come 1-2 updates later.

I’d agree, Apache first…

but the speculation on MB-339 next, then F1 doesn’t seem to fit the info released so far (and I realise we are all speculating - look at the Mossie launch)

ED have released a pre EA trailer for the F1, surely that wouldn’t have happened if the module wasn’t at least part way through build testing?

in comparison, the MB-339 hasn’t even been covered by any official videos yet (although I could have missed them)

ETA, the previous F1 videos - Mineralnye Vody of 23/10/2021 and the  initial video of 07/05/2021 were both marked as Work in Progress, right on the first frames.

The most recent video (23/12/2021?) has no such WIP / in development caveat at any point in the run time. The video is also posted under an official DCS module naming convention - DCS: Mirage F1.

This thing has already been through testing, surely…

Edited by rkk01

What has been the closest that two modules have been released from eachother, not counting campaigns?

Because I don't think ED wants to push modules out too close together even if they do not directly affect eachothers sales. Q1 does not necessarily have a january patch since ED usuaöly have their holidays through much of january... and give that major patches come out once a month now *and* the Apache is most likely coming out first, it could be that March is too early for the F1. 

Hopefully I'm wrong and we do indeed see the Mirage out sooner rather than later, but I have my reservations at this point. Then again if ED get's to squeeze the Apache out end of January it could be that we might see the F1 com out in Q1...

"Soon" in DCS-terms is, typically, actually something between "not quite so soon" and "around a year from now" 😄

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Edited by MikeMikeJuliet
  • Like 1

DCS Finland | SF squadron

12 hours ago, Tango3B said:

Yup, you´re probably right with your guesstimate. What we know for sure, though is that for the most part of January there won´t be any updates because of ED´s well deserved holiday period. Also, we do not even know if the F1 is already in internal testing. @ Silver Dragon: Can you please enlighten us here a little bit if you´re allowed to tell us? Do you know if the F1 has already reached internal testing stage? THX in advance... ;-D

I dont know the F1 status and I think has no near to release. Other modules as the MB339 has on internal testing from some monts but actually your release has unkonow.

3 hours ago, potatoman530 said:

There is going to be no pre order for the Mirage F1 ED does not do pre order for 3rd party modules anymore only for modules they make.

I didn’t suggest “pre-order” in my post

In Aerges own words…

On 12/27/2021 at 7:11 AM, rkk01 said:

our teaser for the Early Access version of DCS: Mirage F1

The vid is an ED branded vid from the start.  There is no WIP or “in development”comment.  For ED to put ED and DCS branding on the vid, then they are showing that they are satisfied to put their name to the module - to me, the “early access teaser vid” says that the Mirage has been through testing.

There may well be a release queue to maximise the splash and sales around the Apache, but that’s a different issue

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

I dont know the F1 status and I think has no near to release. Other modules as the MB339 has on internal testing from some monts but actually your release has unkonow.

Thank you for the heads-up, buddy. ;-D So, in this case it's exactly as I expected. Very strange, indeed. Well, then we will actually have to see if there's a big surprise update clarifying all those things or sadly a much longer time to wait. Fingers crossed, though...

2 hours ago, kontiuka said:

To reaffirm their plans, Aerges posted the following in the comments section of their trailer video ...

"We are doing initially Mirage F1CE in Early Access, then EE, BE and M."

Yes, I think we know about this plan, already. And personally, I also wish them the best of luck and whatever is needed to complete the F1CE in a very timely fashion as this will be a go to module for me - well, apart from the F-16 that is. Anyway, without requesting a timeline a brief update on the following topics would be very welcome. Which items still need to be completed on the F1CE? Is the Cyrano radar already in a well advanced state? Is the F1CE already in internal testing? I will say it again, all of this will align and manage expectations without putting AERGES under a certain unwanted pressure.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tango3B said:

Yes, I think we know about this plan, already. And personally, I also wish them the best of luck and whatever is needed to complete the F1CE in a very timely fashion as this will be a go to module for me - well, apart from the F-16 that is. Anyway, without requesting a timeline a brief update on the following topics would be very welcome. Which items still need to be completed on the F1CE? Is the Cyrano radar already in a well advanced state? Is the F1CE already in internal testing? I will say it again, all of this will align and manage expectations without putting AERGES under a certain unwanted pressure.  

I mentioned it because there was speculation about the CT and CR versions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, kontiuka said:

I mentioned it because there was speculation about the CT and CR versions.

I see. Yeah, all good. The four versions they´ve already in development are more than a dream come true for any Mirage fan, I guess. And it is also a very ambitious project for such a small but apparently very gifted team of people. Must be quite a journey for them. Again, the best of luck to AERGES for 2022 and I hope you all have a nice party tonight. 😀

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tango3B said:

I see. Yeah, all good. The four versions they´ve already in development are more than a dream come true for any Mirage fan, I guess. And it is also a very ambitious project for such a small but apparently very gifted team of people. Must be quite a journey for them. Again, the best of luck to AERGES for 2022 and I hope you all have a nice party tonight. 😀

Agreed, it's already a lot of work, but the CR would open the door to some special types of missions and terrain, like Tchad.

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone!

• Like 3

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

On 1/1/2022 at 8:59 PM, Thinder said:

Agreed, it's already a lot of work, but the CR would open the door to some special types of missions and terrain, like Tchad.

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone!

Yup, you´re absolutely right. And apart from the CRs I would also love to see those Iraqi EQ.5 & EQ.6 versions but you have to somehow make a point at a certain stage, I guess. And that´s ok in my book. If (and that´s a big if) AERGES should decide to do the EQs and also the CRs that would not only be simply amazing but the most hilarious module package in DCS so far. For now, though I am more than happy with the portfolio they have to offer. Especially the F1M will be very interesting and I can not stress enough how happy I am with the decision to start with the F1CE as the older versions of the jets simulated in DCS genereally get a little less love, it seems. Apart from the F-14A that is, of course. Anyway, this is THE highlight of 2022 for me so far. More Mirages means more fun! ;-D

• Like 3