DCS: Black Shark Producer's Note #5 Available on You Tube

Wags

• ED Team

Today we have uploaded DCS: Black Shark Producer’s Note #5. This note is focused on the I-251 Shkval sensor system. Tomorrow we plan to make the high resolution video available from our web site. In the meantime, we wanted to try something different and share this version with you now on You Tube such that everyone can access it easily and not run into download frustration tomorrow.

You can see all Producer's Notes on You Tube at: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=wagmatt&p=r

Thanks,

Matt

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it isn't. Its total field of view for the Shkval is smaller than the AH-64's, and it lacks IIR. Also, the Ah-64 can fire off-bore to some degree, but I'm not sure how much that helps.

As well, the Apache can launch in modes that allow it to conceal itself for the majority of the missile's flight time.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I suppose it is possible to use the predefine target point in concert with an active laser in order to fire a Vikhr at a fixed piece of terrain (eg. a bowler hat)?

I'm sure I was told somewhere that doing so was impossible...

I think there are no plans for a built-in VOIP for now due to workload, but that's just a guess on my part. Meantime, TS2/3/Ventrilo should do fine. Though I know what you're saying :D

Mind you, datalink is a black shark internal radio function... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What you would probably want to do is ... send someone out to scout, and when he comes back he uploads targets to you. You could use a relay too I think, but it exposes an additional helicopter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good stuff as usual. Those auto aids (like turning the nose towards the target etc.) can be handy. Actually, this video calmed me down a bit. I was afraid if I'll be able to control so many functions simultaneously. Now I'm thinking I might even find some time for tee or hot choco during the mission.

So how about night operations? Only NVG and unguided weapons? Are there any special pods like for Su-25T?

^^^

Oh gosh, someone's starting to get the right idea ... do I hear 'COOP'...? :D

The Ka-50 just screams Coop. Yet another sim I get to beg my wife to give a try. She'll play every violent, mindless FPS that comes along with me, but no dice when it comes to flight sims. :cry:

I guess watching an explosion from 5km away just ain't violent enough, and driving to get to a point where that explosion will happen is like driving a car to work for her? :D

I totally understand people who want fast action NOW ... and lack the desire to learn how to operate even a simulated aircraft; I don't hold it against'em. Well, there's always other people you can play with ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When I was watching this movie I still thought "fire this vikhr, what the hell fire it!". Fine options to set luminance, brightness, contrast on CRT TV :D.

Cool that video is in high resolution.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ