F-14B Campaign | Operation Reforger - The Iron Heel | Preliminary Release | Download Here

IronMike

Hmmm... they should be in the Multi folder in the Missions folder in Mods/aircraft/F14, but for some reason they are not in there... I will attach them below and make sure they are in, in the next patch, our apologies for that.

EDIT: ALL MISSIONS ARE INCLUDED WITH YOUR F-14 DOWNLOAD NOW. ATTACHMENTS REMOVED.

Edited by IronMike
  • Thanks 3

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 1/29/2021 at 9:05 PM, marcocom said:

Thanks for adding the supercarrier.

My pleasure. I will make them look nicer for the next update, too. I didn't have time to test statics + performance on the carriers etc before this patch anymore.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, good morning

I have a problem with the first mission.

I can't get radio contact, I'm on the correct frequency (1). I've even entered it by hand. I don't know what could be wrong.

I have seen videos and in them they do it the first time as I have.

Where am I going wrong?

Greetings.

24 minutes ago, Gravit said:

Hello, good morning

I have a problem with the first mission.

I can't get radio contact, I'm on the correct frequency (1). I've even entered it by hand. I don't know what could be wrong.

I have seen videos and in them they do it the first time as I have.

Where am I going wrong?

Make sure you use the proper radio PTT mic button to use the radio where you set the carrier freq. Check also the DCS options that "easy comms" is not checked.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 hour ago, draconus said:

Asegúrese de usar el botón de micrófono PTT de radio adecuado para usar la radio en la que estableció la frecuencia portadora. Compruebe también las opciones de DCS que "comunicaciones fáciles" no están marcadas.

Yes, radio bad config.

THX.

Edited by Gravit

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 11:04 PM, IronMike said:

Really enjoying these with a mate. Is there any possibility they will also have the SC added?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

30 minutes ago, zildac said:

Really enjoying these with a mate. Is there any possibility they will also have the SC added?

I can do that, when I find a bit time for it. I'll try to add them before the next patch. 🙂

Heatblur Simulations

39 minutes ago, IronMike said:

I can do that, when I find a bit time for it. I'll try to add them before the next patch. 🙂

Thanks Mike, much appreciated! 👍

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

On 3/4/2021 at 9:26 PM, Spurts said:

Quick question, and sorry if it has already been mentioned, but is this Multi-Crew and/or Multi-Ship compatible?  

Yes, it is. For some reason the coop missions are not in the Multi folder though, although we uploaded them. But I pasted them in the feedback thread iirc, if you want to download them before the next patch.

Actually they are in this thread

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike !

It seems that tankers are not giving fuel for some reason.

I'm connected, in formation, Tanker says ''you're taking fuel'' ... Jester is confirming ...

And nothing happens.

Fuel is not increasing, no messages from either Jester of Tanker ...

4 hours ago, RoxSy said:

It seems that tankers are not giving fuel for some reason.

Make sure your probe switch is set to 'All' not just 'FUS', otherwise the wing and externals won't fill and you won't be able to receive more than 12,000lbs of gas. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, near_blind said:

Make sure your probe switch is set to 'All' not just 'FUS', otherwise the wing and externals won't fill and you won't be able to receive more than 12,000lbs of gas. 

Hmmm ... It may be that.

I have the 3 positions binded onto the Hotas (Warthog Autopilot 3 way switch).

I'll check if everything is allright.

Thanks !

4 hours ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Is the campaign not finished or is there a part 2? It left on a bit of a cliffhanger. 

This is one of the two planned HB campaigns for the B. The 2nd one will continue in Syria map. Yet another HB campaign is planned on PG map for the A.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

And in Mission 5 Texaco is not responding at the radio so AAR is impossible.

In Mission Editor it has a ''silence'' as a task.

I guess a trigger is supposed to unsilence it ?

Problem is I got fuel emergency after being merged 2 times (27 and 29)

What's the point of being unable to refuel when necessary ?

• 1 month later...

Hello. I'm playing the SC version in MP and we're stuck on mission 2, it simply won't launch us from the cat. The jet blast deflector is down and the ground crew is simply standing around as if we're not there. Ground crew does not respond to commands (request launch/salute), and since we are stuck on the catapult we can not try a different cat. The other flight does however take off normally and the jet blast deflector is up for our wingman. We've tried restarting the mission and the same thing occurred. Screenshot attached.

Edit: Same on mission 3. Also noticed that in mission 3 the non-SC carrier's deck is lots more populated than the SC carrier's. 

The non-SC carrier could launch us FWIW. 

UPDATE: The host MUST take the pilot slot for the SC ground crew to launch the aircraft. If the host is in the RIO slot it does not work. 

Screen_210519_135613.png

Edited by 7Seyo7

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 12:19 PM, RoxSy said:

And in Mission 5 Texaco is not responding at the radio so AAR is impossible.

In Mission Editor it has a ''silence'' as a task.

I guess a trigger is supposed to unsilence it ?

Problem is I got fuel emergency after being merged 2 times (27 and 29)

What's the point of being unable to refuel when necessary ?

For the coop version it is set to an KC135 tanker, one that can't even refuel the F14.  My buddy and i tried the coop and we missed a trigger and no planes even spawned to attack us.  According to the trigger it is looking for a certain missile on the objective, which that group should be spawn by us being near waypoint 3 and then they should shoot. didn't happen though 😞

also icls on the stennis was bugged for some reason but at least tacan worked well.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

After quite a while I decided to try out this campaign in solo mode, non-SC. Almost right away in mission 1 I ran into that communication snag, however. I could contact Stennis, but only the usual 'Inbound', 'Request Azimuth', and 'Request landing' would show up. Didn't matter whether I used the easy communications or not, no other options showed up.

I also tried staying in the holding pattern for about an hour, to the point I was basically running on the fumes of fumes at 1k, and even the tanker had already landed. Didn't do anything.

For the next attempt I just ignored the communication for 1st landing step. After I tagged the Perry and initiated the 'Inbound' for good measure, I just landed. It progressed as normal after that, and the mission was completed with 100pts, allowing me to continue to the next one.

3 hours ago, draconus said:

@Alighierian if you don't own SC that's how carrier comms are iirc. The usual mistake in mission #1 is not extending 7nm straight up the BRC - only then you turn around for approach.

I did as much ('Tagged the Perry' in m01 = trigger zone for 7nm out, at which point Jester speaks up), and I also went through the normal steps for non-SC inbound/request landing. However, the vanilla carrier comms are still rather lacking, and like airfield ATC comms, basically revolve around 'just call inbound and request landing, and ignore holding patterns'.
The main problem I had, basically related to expecting that 'charlie'-call, which is apparently part of the SC module, not the mission.

5 hours ago, Alighierian said:

I did as much ('Tagged the Perry' in m01 = trigger zone for 7nm out, at which point Jester speaks up), and I also went through the normal steps for non-SC inbound/request landing. However, the vanilla carrier comms are still rather lacking, and like airfield ATC comms, basically revolve around 'just call inbound and request landing, and ignore holding patterns'.
The main problem I had, basically related to expecting that 'charlie'-call, which is apparently part of the SC module, not the mission.

Ignore the carrier comms, CQs in real life are almost 100% zip-lip, which is exactly what Jester briefs you to do. You do not request anything, the boat is yours, you fly your first extend, head downwind and land,, no marshal, no charlie, no initial, no break, just straight into the downwind and groove, and take off again, and immediately after take off, you leave gears and flaps down, hook down, climb to 600 ft, DLC extended, back into the downwind pattern and sraight into the groove again and one more time. It's important to follow Jester's instructions in the campaign. 🙂 This is how it was often done irl when few aircraft had to qual, and even with many, it was all pre-briefed. DCS over-elaborates on standard comms, when usually everything is without a single radio call. Everyone knows their altitudes, their marshals, their charlie times, everything, and the entire squadron brings the flights down one by one without exchanging a single word. 🙂 Mission 1 tries to depict that for you.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

• 1 month later...

Just finished the campaign and really liked it. I liked the voiced tracks and nice implemented weather and seasons of the day what gave me a lot of fun and immersion. Generally it was not easy for me to finish. (flying Tomcat since few months, after 1.5 of year with other modules). First 4 missions are quite lazy. I especially liked the one with seeking the boat with pulse doppler. 

Next ones are a rapid step with diffculty and A/A. What made me the most problems were low level flying MiGs (mission 5 and 8  ). It was really diffcult to tune the radar properly and to choose the proper weapon in proper mode. Another problem is Wingman. He sometimes saves our ass, but sometimes does nothing (I know it is overall problem of AI in DCS). 

What can I say more, last few missions are very complex due to the number of units what caused a huuge load on my poor i5 CPU and FPS drop. It is fine that mission is realistic but generally it is difficult to see any profits of this from the cockpit, until you watch whole the mission with TacView. 

Anyhow, I am waiting for second part. In the meantime I am going to polish my BFM techniques with low flying objects 😄 

Thank you HB! Your Tomcat is awsome!

Edited by Padre Pio
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Padre Pio said:

Just finished the campaign and really liked it. I liked the voiced tracks and nice implemented weather and seasons of the day what gave me a lot of fun and immersion. Generally it was not easy for me to finish. (flying Tomcat since few months, after 1.5 of year with other modules). First 4 missions are quite lazy. I especially liked the one with seeking the boat with pulse doppler. 

Next ones are a rapid step with diffculty and A/A. What made me the most problems were low level flying MiGs (mission 5 and 8  ). It was really diffcult to tune the radar properly and to choose the proper weapon in proper mode. Another problem is Wingman. He sometimes saves our ass, but sometimes does nothing (I know it is overall problem of AI in DCS). 

What can I say more, last few missions are very complex due to the number of units what caused a huuge load on my poor i5 CPU and FPS drop. It is fine that mission is realistic but generally it is difficult to see any profits of this from the cockpit, until you watch whole the mission with TacView. 

Anyhow, I am waiting for second part. In the meantime I am going to polish my BFM techniques with low flying objects 😄 

Thank you HB! Your Tomcat is awsome!

Very glad to hear that you liked it! Thank you for your kind feedback!

• Like 2

Heatblur Simulations