Roadmap of Reflected Simulations for 2021

YoYo

@Reflected I just upgraded my PC from a potato machine (older i7, 16Gb RAM and 1070 TI)  to a decently modern one (i9 11700K, 32Gb RAM and RTX 3080). I love your WWII campaigns but I couldn't run the Channel map at all on the old bucket - it was a slideshow. With a modern PC, however, I would absolutely buy all your Normandy-map based campaigns again if you made Channel editions! The Normandy map is "ok" for France but it's a bit of a shame not to be able to take off from Biggin Hill and to just sit there and try not to look down at the ugly, repetitive English landscape, while heading for the coast.

I know you've made some bonus missions so far but would making Channel editions of the Normandy campaigns be interesting, or simply not worth it?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

Unfortunately you can't switch maps in a mission, you have to rebuild from scratch which is a LOT of work. I've already reworked half the Big Show missions and added a Channel mission to BNBOB, but I just don't have the time and capacity for more. Maybe at some point I'll add a Channel mission to the Jagdflieger campaign.

Glad you have a nice new PC though, that should be able to handle anything you throw at it.

Hi,

@Reflected: 

Is there a possibility or is it planned that you will have a campaign for the Mi-24P? And if so, which map (Caucasus, PG, Syria)? 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

But I still have one question, pure curiosity:
Generally no helicopters since you / your team have been geared towards fixed wing aircraft? Or does that only apply to the Mi-24? 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Just now, kotor633 said:

But I still have one question, pure curiosity:
Generally no helicopters since you / your team have been geared towards fixed wing aircraft? Or does that only apply to the Mi-24? 

I'm about to release a Huey campaign, so that's not true 🙂 But to make a good campaign you have to be familiar with the aircraft inside out, know its history, absolutely everything about it. I can't make a campaign if I haven't read at least half a dozen books about the aircraft.

It's hard to do that when you don't know anything about the aircraft in question, and/or you don't like it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Reflected said:

Unfortunately you can't switch maps in a mission, you have to rebuild from scratch which is a LOT of work. I've already reworked half the Big Show missions and added a Channel mission to BNBOB, but I just don't have the time and capacity for more. Maybe at some point I'll add a Channel mission to the Jagdflieger campaign.

Glad you have a nice new PC though, that should be able to handle anything you throw at it.

Yeah, I suspected that. I have been doing some mission building myself, for fun and to learn. Not nearly as advanced as your stuff, but even basic missions (without voice overs, additional graphics and loads of custom LUA scripting) is very time consuming, with tons of testing and balancing. Too bad but I can absolutely appreciate your policy.

Edited by moggel
  • Thanks 1

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2021 at 10:14 AM, Reflected said:

I still need some features to be implemented on the Mossie

Fingers crossed too plus Mi-24P also. :thumbsup:

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

7 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Fingers crossed too plus Mi-24P also. :thumbsup:

Read above, just a few posts back .. Reflected won't make a Mi-24P Campaign.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

9 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Read above, just a few posts back .. Reflected won't make a Mi-24P Campaign.

Thx, I saw it already. Pity, for a consolation its a chance for Mossie campaign.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Btw. about campaign for Mosquito - do you have to plan use winter version of the Channel map? Would be nice! :thumbup:

fdn7huxl.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

1 hour ago, SorelRo said:

Such a blast this will be. Are the LZ's as tiny as they described them in Chickenhawk? 

There will be some tight ones but if I make them as tight as they were in real life, I’d get soo many complaints. 

hey, people even complain for having to land on a carrier at night and aerial refuel in a us navy campaign, so I have to be careful 😄 

• Like 5

On 11/2/2021 at 12:21 AM, SorelRo said:

Such a blast this will be. Are the LZ's as tiny as they described them in Chickenhawk? 

Lol, that guy had to perform some tree trimming with the rotors 😄

Not sure how the physics engine can cope with that.

Crazy book though

• Like 2

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

2 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

Lol, that guy had to perform some tree trimming with the rotors 😄

Not sure how the physics engine can cope with that.

Crazy book though

One can only hope, eh? Back in the day when trees had no effect...... 😄

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/14/2021 at 5:33 AM, Reflected said:

Hey YoYo,

Thanks for the trust 🙂

I can't really promise any 'roadmap' as release dates are really up to ED at the end of the day. With this in mind:

Zone 5 F-14A campaign already submitted, hopefully coming in January, but it's just that, my hope. It's out of my control.

Wolfpack P-47 campaign already submitted, hopefully coming in February, and only if Zone 5 makes it into the January update. So basically after Zone 5. 

Should those get released fine, I'll submit my 'Fear the Bones!' F-14 campaign that I've been working on for over a year.  Now it's 99% finished, just waiting for a dozen more voice overs. It's not as hardcore as 'Zone 5', it's more story driven and 'fun'.

I've already done my research and planning for a Mosquito campaign, but hey, we need a Mosquito for that, a fully functioning one. So I have no idea when that campaign can materialize. Keep in mind that building such a campaign takes at least 4-5 months, sometimes a lot more.

I know the F4U is coming, and as Magnitude announced I'm the one making the single, quick and training missions that are coming with the module. I'll definitely make a campaign too, but we need a map for that. ED promised the modern Marianas map later this year, not sure when the WWII version will follow. As soon as we have a WWII Pacific map I'll start working on it.

Also, Bio and I talked about a possible sequel to 'Zone 5', but it's nothing but an idea so far. We'll wait and see how 'Zone 5' is received, how much free time we both have, etc...

Those are my plans basically, with full transparency.

I hope this answered your question 🙂

I am an ex Air Force pilot who flies 747 cargo planes now. What I would really like to see in more DCS campaigns is the option of flying as the wingman.  What I miss about military flying are things like flying in formation on the wing because being a wingman requires stick and rudder skills,  I don’t want to be the flight lead because being lead is boring. One of my favorite modules is the Zone 5 campaign because too and from the range I can be a wingman and not lead the flight.  In fact, Zone 5 is the most realistic campaign I have flown in DCS.   I would like to see more campaigns that are set up like Zone 5 where you fly to attack a target in formation, are ordered to conduct an attack and then rejoin the formation to RTB. Or at least have that as an option. Corsair, Mosquito and some of the new modules would create an opportunity for that sort of flying. Also, I see non pilots wanting to practice flying in formations. Maybe a training module that actually teaches fundamentals like the types of formations, rejoins and maneuvering in close proximity to other aircraft would add to the realism of a military based campaign.   I realize that in some modules you can order a wingman to fly the route, but your still really leading the flight via commands.  I’d like to see more missions like the wingman missions of the Zone 5 campaign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1