Skhval won't lock clearly visible targets.

IronChancellor

• ED Team

I have made a report, blackshark team will check it. I will let you know what the team find. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

i Have Found That When i fly a mission i can lock ok, but when i take damage and fly back for repair, i go back and can no longer lock the same targets,

am i missing some kind of reset once ive been repaired?

• 2 weeks later...

The shkval is really messed up.  It has a hard time locking anything at dust or dawn.  I usually set my flight time to Noon or so, to avoid these problems.  Still has a very hard time locking aircraft at anytime though.  This heli is a bright clear day attack only.

• Like 1

Sorry to bother, but could you please fix it already? It's marinated long enough. Or, just enable locking at 10 km range for the time being. Yes, it would be incorrect. But the way it works right now is also incorrect. But at least it will work. It's a paid module, after all. It should work.

• Like 3

I hate to agree, but I wish there was a cheat setting.  Just until you either make it a REAL sensor, or can somehow simulate it working right.  It's gotten ridiculous, and just drives you crazy sometimes.  Ground targets aren't too bad, but that Shkval will hardly EVER lock an air target, no matter how slow it is moving, even if it is a dark shape against a white sky and coming straight at you.  For an air target, we should be able to expand the gates to max around the target, and the Shkval should find it easily, with the gates compressing around the target and locking.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Still pretty keen to see a fix for this myself.

I don't say too much, and don't ask for too much, but the issues with older modules and older paid DLC missions are getting to be really annoying.

I have a bunch of campaigns I paid for and many have bugs, some even well known and well reported, but still not acted on for years, no exaggeration, literally years.

Just one random example - Su27 Ultimate Argument Campaign, over 4 years from issue reported to solved...

For downloaded user content it's annoying but forgivable, but when I hand money over for something it needs to work consistently, or if broken needs to be returned to proper functional status ASAP.

Alternately if a product is going to have a limited working lifespan then it needs to be advertised that way.

Sorry to rant but this is getting really annoying.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if it were not true that a vast majority of the products for sale are either incomplete or have long standing issues (or BOTH!).

Put plainly the failure rate is too high.

If a product exists with a price attached to it in the store then it should be tested with every release.

Got a small team and limited resources? then at least listen to the users for reports and fixes.

I still find it incredible that the introduction training missions for DCS World are faulty and highly likely to leave a bad taste for potential new players.

Try approaching the Su-25T Landing - hard training mission from the perspective of a new player.

And as co-incidence has it the Su-25T Shkval mission also had issues that are relevant to this very thread, the lazy fix being that the time of day for that mission was changed, though I do at least salute the fact that something was done about it, having it not work in front of a new player with little understanding of the mechanics and why it wasn't working was a bad look.

Edited by v81
spelling
  • Like 3

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just jumped into the KA-50 after many months away to refresh myself for the Mi-24 coming up. I can't lock ANYTHING in the Shkval now. Had to manually guide every missile in on moving targets which was a real pain. Never used to do this.

• Like 1

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Just now, kengou said:

Just jumped into the KA-50 after many months away to refresh myself for the Mi-24 coming up. I can't lock ANYTHING in the Shkval now. Had to manually guide every missile in on moving targets which was a real pain. Never used to do this.

Good practice for Raduga-Sh sight 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kengou said:

I can't lock ANYTHING in the Shkval now.

What time of day is it on that mission/server when you tried? If it's before 7am, and maybe after 4pm (I'm guessing here), the artificial limiter kicks in to simulate the lack of light and locking range goes down to almost zero if at all.

For Black Shark tutorials, visit my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LgdvOGP3SSNUGVN95b8Bw

1 hour ago, Volk. said:

What time of day is it on that mission/server when you tried? If it's before 7am, and maybe after 4pm (I'm guessing here), the artificial limiter kicks in to simulate the lack of light and locking range goes down to almost zero if at all.

Just doing instant action easy mission on Persian Gulf. Bright sunlight, looked like middle of the day, but I can double check the exact time for that mission later.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 8:07 PM, key_stroked said:

I have the feeling we have to wait until BS3 before this gets fixed. Last update from @BIGNEWY was February, and it's now June.

Why can't you guys follow up in a reasonable amount of time?

Let us hope that something like this will be considered.

The ww2 planes also got a lot of fancy new stuff. 

But the old, annoying problems remain.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/19/2021 at 12:26 PM, Hobel said:

Let us hope that something like this will be considered.

The ww2 planes also got a lot of fancy new stuff. 

But the old, annoying problems remain.

i bought some ww2 planes, but as they are also bugged I jump on Il2 when I want ww2, there it is even possible to use VR, as it is optimized... but as you say, its annoying that they ruin some old working modules and don't fix it. NVG is also broken.

• 1 month later...

Workaround:

When press designate, the game generates 9 pictures of the terrain centered around the skval viewing direction. One of the pictures contains the target and the others, just the terrain.  The pictures are jumbled so the player does not know which picture is which side of the shkval view. If the player clicks the picture containing the target, the shval lock succeeds.  Otherwise the lock fails and you cannot try again for 10 seconds. 

This will confirm that the target has enough contrast to lock, and the player is not just randomly clicking (like you can do in current version to lock through trees).

Edited by Preendog

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

2024 and still experiencing this. Conditions are during the day, visibility is good, below the clouds (ceiling at 8500 ft, I'm at about 1500 ft) and I can't lock consistently clearly visible Humvees in the Shkval at 5 km. 

Edited by Nathan3219

I've just tried the four 2021 tracks found in this thread. I re-recorded them and the Shkval works everytime.

I tag this 3 year-old as "fixed" considering the only tracks that were attached work great now.

If you find what you think is a bug, please create a new thread and attach a track demonstrating the issue.

skhval-air-OK.trk skhval-OK-ground-dawn-grass.trk skhval-OK-ground-dawn-snow.trk skhval-ground-OK-day.trk

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.