VRNecksafer

speed-of-heat

Is anyone successfully running Necksafer with the Steam MT client? It works fine with the regular client, but when I start up the MT thread client Necksafer crashes, and if I restart necksafer, DCS MT crashes.

Using a G2, have been using Necksafer for years with IL2 and DCS and have never encountered this problem.

Yes, it does seem to be order dependant, vrnecksafer seems to be needed to be loaded before dcs and after wmr

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

3 часа назад, Mrtanqueray сказал:

DCS MT crashes

mt dos't work with steamVR at all. Crashes when loading a mission

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

• 1 month later...

Looks like I found a way. Hope it may help others.

- DO NOT start WMR

- Start DCS MT BETA, let it open WMR for you

- Once in DCS with VR working, start XRNECKSAFER

It works for me, now I won't break my neck checking who is gona kick my ass.

Edited by SCG_Homer
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone else having difficulties with WinWing F-16 stick button assignment?

I'm pressing the button "Set Center", then in the row of Reset buttons, On/Off I press on the magnifier, it says scanning joystick, but if I press any button on the joystick, XRNecksafer just doesnt recognize it.

I'm running the now native OpenXR version of the Open Beta DCS exe.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

EDIT: after restart it worked OK.

Edited by Razor18

Now the problem only is, my head offset sideways acts totally oposite: , when I turn my neck to the left looking back, my head gets offset to the right. So with my head turned left, I look back on the RIGHT side of the seat.

ANy way to fix it?

Good evening everyone!

I hope someone can help me. I have a problem with XRNeckSafer Beta5 in setting the Set Center Button, in the dialog window where there is the Center option on the row there is no longer the magnifying glass to scan the joys and therefore it does not let me set it anymore the button. I don't know what to do or several times uninstalled the program and reinstalled, but the magnifying glass is no longer visible.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a problem with "NOT YET CENTERED IN GAME" using XRNeckSafer beta5a.

I have the same binding in DCS that I do for XRNeckSafer, and always center DCS when I first go into it, but this message doesn't go away.

The only workaround I have at present is to open up XRNeckSafer, click on the Set Center Button, clear out the button combination, assign it to a different button, clear out the button, re-assign it back to the 'center' button in DCS, and then it clears this message. 

Something doesn't seem quite right and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows how to fix it so I don't have to go through this workaround each time I open it.

To confirm - I open XRNeckSafer first, and then DSC. I then press my key-combination for center, but it has no effect. I'm a new user for NeckSafer and have just installed it this weekend.

Edited by Dangerzone

On 8/26/2023 at 10:31 AM, speed-of-heat said:

make sure XR Necksafer is loaded before DCS

Hey Speed,

I have been using VRNeckSafer for a while now.  However, after updating to 2.9, it longer works. I'm using "multi-thread".  Is there something I need to do as a result of the update?

1 hour ago, Drac said:

Hey Speed,

I have been using VRNeckSafer for a while now.  However, after updating to 2.9, it longer works. I'm using "multi-thread".  Is there something I need to do as a result of the update?

What problem are you having where you say it 'no longer works'? 

I was using it on 2.9 this weekend. The only problem I had was "NOT YET CENTERED IN GAME" showing up, where I had to use a workaround as per the post above yours.

27 minutes ago, Dangerzone said:

What problem are you having where you say it 'no longer works'? 

I was using it on 2.9 this weekend. The only problem I had was "NOT YET CENTERED IN GAME" showing up, where I had to use a workaround as per the post above yours.

When I look left or right, it no longer moves. Just for reference, I'm not using XRnecksafer...using SteamVR.  I have not tried rebinding the center button.

Thanks

Edit:  VRNecksafer "HMD Yaw" is working before I launch DCS.  Once I launch DCS, the HMD Yaw remains at zero regardless of head movement.  Had no issues before DCS 2.9.

Edited by Drac

1 hour ago, Drac said:

When I look left or right, it no longer moves. Just for reference, I'm not using XRnecksafer...using SteamVR.  I have not tried rebinding the center button.

Thanks

Edit:  VRNecksafer "HMD Yaw" is working before I launch DCS.  Once I launch DCS, the HMD Yaw remains at zero regardless of head movement.  Had no issues before DCS 2.9.

Update:  Looks like VRNecksafer works in DCS 2.9 "single thread" but not in "multi-thread".  When I start DCS multi-thread, VRNecksafer closes.  I'm scratching my head as to why. Anybody got it to work on multi-thread?

Ah you need to use xrnecksafer not vrnecksafer as MT uses openxr

https://gitlab.com/NobiWan/xrnecksafer

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

so I've downloaded ran the installer a little window opens up on my desktop but its too small to read . Looks like the scale is off . Any ideas . ? 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

27 minutes ago, KoN said:

so I've downloaded ran the installer a little window opens up on my desktop but its too small to read . Looks like the scale is off . Any ideas . ? 

Right click desktop icon

Correction is in:   Properties -> Compatibility -> High DPI Settings -> Override scaling behavior performed by System.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,