DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

supporting this one!

Would be cool to see the whole airbase/airfield come alive when you come in smoking and burning

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

Would be nice to have in all missions listed the frequencies of the airport you are starting off at, and the end point as well. Tanker/Awacs freqs listed in the initial overview.

Completely agree with this. The briefing already parases aspects of the mission for relevant data. Start time, weather, threats, which airbase you are at, and others. At the very least display the ATC frequency for your take-off and landing base and any ATC frequency owned by your coalition.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Agreed!

i7-920 @3.8Ghz / MSI X58m / 8GB DDR3 / 2 x HD5770 / Asus-vw226h @1920x1200 / 2x OCZ Vertex 2 80GB SSD's / Win 7-64 / TrackIR 5 / Saitek x52 / Razer BlackWidow Mech Keyboard / Razer Deathadder

Stuttering or fps problems? Updated April 25/11: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

Check out this fantastic list of must have and FREE programs: http://www.logichaos.com/joomla/component/content/article/35-text-guides/82-ultimate-list-of-free-programs-for-windows.html

Good idea. Hopefully when they implement a pilot body, the kneeboard can load part of the mission planner which can include frequencies and for example a general waypoint and objectives overview of the current mission. It would a cool addition.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Even just adding some voice comms could be nice.. not much code needed to add this feature. Just to help with the sense of urgency. I was risking my life trying to land an A10 without a left rear stabilizer and couldn't warn them. They could say something like

Confirmed - EMS crews are on the go, you are cleared straight in!

Then just automatically throw in some flashing lights and stuff around the airport. Don't actually need to animate the people driving around. Just make it feel like they know its an emergency..

---

May your takeoffs equal your landings!

I support this message.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Even just adding some voice comms could be nice.. not much code needed to add this feature. Just to help with the sense of urgency. I was risking my life trying to land an A10 without a left rear stabilizer and couldn't warn them. They could say something like

Confirmed - EMS crews are on the go, you are cleared straight in!

Then just automatically throw in some flashing lights and stuff around the airport. Don't actually need to animate the people driving around. Just make it feel like they know its an emergency..

That's pretty cool!

I bet it could be done. I'll see what I can come up with. Might be futile but what the heck!

• Like 1

Dear Santa @ ED...

I would like for the ME to have a new 'action' within the Triggers section called "audio time delay" which can be set in seconds. In this way I could set up a Trigger > Condition with Actions of:

1. Sound To All ('TargetHit.wav')

2. Audio Time Delay (2 secs)

3. Sound To All ('TargetDestroyed.wav')

4. Audio Time Delay (4 secs)

5. Sound To All ('Defensive.wav')

6. Audio Time Delay (3 secs)

7. Sound To All ('Abort.wav')

I want this so I can use the stock sounds in DCS and play them in series rather than at the same time. In this way I can make an immersive audio "backdrop" using the stock sounds that come with DCS (that all other users already have on their hard-drive) rather than having to create and upload new sounds etc. We could all then try to mimick the radio comms of ground units as they engage, so that us CAS pilots can "hear them" in action.

Might not be true to RL, but a damn sight less sterile of an environment.

Thanks for the consideration.

Brewber.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

GAU-8 Vehicle Destruction Variety?

Not sure if this is on the list of things to improve prior to release but it would be nice to see some variety in vehicle destruction. As it stands, when vehicles are destroyed by the GAU-8, they all seem to burn for the same duration before exploding, regardless of armour type. Hoping this behaviour is only a placeholder.

DPICM

DPICM, for those of you that don't know, is a type of artillery round that splits in midair and releases approximately 88 multi-purpose bomblets over an area. I was just wondering if whether the team would comtemplate adding it in for a later DCS module, the current HE rounds are more for show than effectiveness. I didn't bother asking if it could be added into DCS a-10C for final release for fear of the red-bold-underlined warnings from the mods :) . Just asking!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear Santa @ ED...

I would like for the ME to have a new 'action' within the Triggers section called "audio time delay" which can be set in seconds. In this way I could set up a Trigger > Condition with Actions of:

1. Sound To All ('TargetHit.wav')

2. Audio Time Delay (2 secs)

3. Sound To All ('TargetDestroyed.wav')

4. Audio Time Delay (4 secs)

5. Sound To All ('Defensive.wav')

6. Audio Time Delay (3 secs)

7. Sound To All ('Abort.wav')

I want this so I can use the stock sounds in DCS and play them in series rather than at the same time. In this way I can make an immersive audio "backdrop" using the stock sounds that come with DCS (that all other users already have on their hard-drive) rather than having to create and upload new sounds etc. We could all then try to mimick the radio comms of ground units as they engage, so that us CAS pilots can "hear them" in action.

Might not be true to RL, but a damn sight less sterile of an environment.

Thanks for the consideration.

Brewber.

Use the Time since flag trigger to do this. Also all trigger sounds are encapsulated within the mission file, you can use any audio file you like.

Nate

Yes, this should be in the wish list thread, but I reckon that this will be quite a popular idea:music_whistling::D

Afghanistan map - my suggestion would be Helmand, but that's because I'm British, and also Helmand has had the fiercest fighting recently. But anyway, perfect for the A 10 and Apache ( currently operating) fairly simple to make ( desert, mountains and the 'green' zone ) and also would be good for some Afghan/Soviet scenarios if the Mi 24 ever materialises. What does everyone else think???

Agree. We have the same map from original lock on modern air combat released in 2003. It is 8 years old, and getting pretty boring. Afghanistan would be ok. I would prefer Iraq.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

Agree. We have the same map from original lock on modern air combat released in 2003. It is 8 years old, and getting pretty boring. Afghanistan would be ok. I would prefer Iraq.

There's someone already working on Afghanistan. Though not at the same pace as ED.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Use the Nevada terrain if you want some boring desert... ;)

Terrains with woods, cities and stuff would be way more fun. The falcon series chose some very nice areas (former Yugoslavia, Korea).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Terrains with woods, cities and stuff would be way more fun. The falcon series chose some very nice areas (former Yugoslavia, Korea).

So there are no woods,cities and stuff in Afghanistan, Iraq?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

actually- some pretty awesome mountains & canyons in Nevada..

A wish to go along with my thread... Can we please have an option of setting preset radio channels where the jet will have those presets at every start?

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

A wish to go along with my thread... Can we please have an option of setting preset radio channels where the jet will have those presets at every start?

Might be possible with the existing Lua scripts, \\Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\UHF_Radio

I'll ask the Devs.

Nate

So there are no woods,cities and stuff in Afghanistan, Iraq?

For sure way less than in regions like europe, asia, ...

But enough OT now from my end.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Might be possible with the existing Lua scripts, \\Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\UHF_Radio

I'll ask the Devs.

Nate

Thanks Nate. I really would think it should be an easy thing since there are already presets built into the radios... that we could change them to what we want and save the file, so our radios have our own presets in them each time we start... I tried looking through the .lua files, but didn't find anything that helped. Off to look some more :book:

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Any chance of bigger explosions,please?

Possibly too late a request at this stage but I wish the explosion blast effects were more realistic. It is disappointing that large bombs have so little impact in the game whereas in actuality huge dust clouds are thrown up by blast and heated air and take minutes to settle.

Also smoking targets/buildings should produce larger more diffuse clouds over time. The current effect seems too compact and uninspiring at present.

I've enjoyed the series since the first LOMAC days and am a great fan but I do wish my munitions had more impact. More visible and persistent explosion effects would both reward the efforts of pilots and add more of a battlefield atmosphere to the simulation.

i5-3570 @ 3.4GHz, 8 GB, 1TB SSD, GTX980Ti, TIR5, TM Warthog HOTAS, W10x64, Samsung JU6400 48" 4K@60Hz

What you are requesting would basically make it unplayable for... well, pretty much anyone. :P

Just making them "bigger" is possible of course, though, and I suspect that that could even be achieved through modding (I think it's in one of the LUAs, but don't take my word for it).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester