Most wanted DCS airplane...

Dr. Mitsos

Most wanted DCS airplane...  

1346 members have voted

1. 1. Most wanted DCS airplane...

However, he had it in his mind that it is "stealth". And in his world, "stealth" means "invincible". Therefore, no-one can ever kill an F-22 and therefore no-one can in any way ever challenge the US.

Until it gets gangbanged by a couple of enemy fighters...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one of those that might be considered multi-role is the Su-35.

The rest are specifically tailored to fill one role, and the other is thrown in as afterthought.

In any case, about the only one of those you'd ever have a chance of seeing is the 15E. ;)

OK.

Su-35 - multirole fighter (http://www.sukhoi.org/eng/planes/military/Su-35/)

MiG-35/29MRCA - multirole fighter(http://www.migavia.ru/eng/military_e/MiG_35_e.htm)

MiG-31BM - multipurpose fighter (http://www.airwar.ru/enc_e/fighter/mig31bm.html)

Hey, the F-22 is multirole! It can hide AND be pretty to look at!

(Sorry. I realize how worthless that post is, but I recently got finished with a debate with a guy that was certain that the 22 was the dog's bollocks and a direct gift from God and it will single-handedly ensure american supremacy for the foreseeable future. And it was cheap. The affair was traumatizing and I need to vent. :( )

Roflmao! :megalol: Sorry - this just had to be quoted ... hillarious! :D

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Heh, yeah, I just realized that the whole line of:

"Hey, the F-22 is multirole! It can hide AND be pretty to look at!"

...is pretty funny. :P

Of course, it doesn't do the aircraft justice, but it's still funny. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hahah, yeah.

I love it whenever I pass through Linköping. It's the home-town of SAAB, so it's chock-full of their earlier aircraft on displays all over. (The company actually governs their on CTR and TRM airspace over the city.) Oh how I wish I would be able to fly one of those aircraft - there is a policy in the swedish armed services that they don't allow surplus to be sold, meaning that the only civil Draken aircraft (for example those at the test pilot school in the US) are aircraft that came from export customers.

Bastards.

I would have loved to have as a personal wealth target to be able to purchase and operate a Draken. Mmm...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I think the Rafale would be a nice option. Carrier ops and multirole but also classified so I don't think that much original information will be given to create a new Fighter module for DCS.

SU-2x-3x with clickable 6dof cockpit must be hot but i still go for The JAS39 Gripen. Starting and landing on road bases hidden between high trees must be a thrill. I'd say this plane is exotic enough to win a place in DCS.

F-16??? Play Falcon 4.0

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

Apache

I still say the Apache should be the next aircraft, given this a heli sim to begin with. With the Apache the possibilities...it can scout, attack, and to have a gunner and pilot working in tandem...it would ad to the sence of realism and...it would make for a very good dog fight. no more guessing who the enemy is.

Definitely the Apache hands down.

An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

the Jag was designed for motorway ops...

That's what I meant with road base. This would add a new level of realism and difficulty into this sim.

And if it should be the Sukhoi or MiG family it should be the new versions with glass cockpit (Su-27 SMK-SK, Su-30MKI, Su-35, MiG 35). Best served with a bit of thrust vectoring (2D-3D):pilotfly:

:music_whistling:

Before I forget, since the days of US Navy Fighters (640:480. What a resolution ;)), I ache for a realistic AV-8B, or whatever harrier sim. Old and slow but a great and beautiful plane. Also suitable for motorway and carrier ops. By the way. I love the sound of the engine right after it lands vertically and throttles back to idle. Thats heavy metal to me.

Since the Hokum I'm hungry for more. I think we all feel the same, right? So DC creators: Its your fault. You presented the meal and now we're hungry for dessert.

Keep up the great work. Nice to know that there still are real aviation enthusiasts that say realism prior to anything. I'll post my impressions of this sim soon in the appropriate topic.

Applause.. applause....

Edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

I second or third the British Harrier, GR7 or later. It's a fixed wing, ground attack aircraft, perfect for the DCS world. It would also pull in a whole new customer base. Unsure how accurately your flight model could model the Harrier. There never has been an accurate flight sim of this aircraft for the PC market.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys i wanna see that damn F-16 on the DCS series.. Or let us edit or make our own cockpits. I think F-16 project has been postponed to much. Im wonder when we can make our own cockpits for Lock on?? (clickable)

"Let my armies be the rocks, and the trees, and birds in the sky"

I second or third the British Harrier, GR7 or later. It's a fixed wing, ground attack aircraft, perfect for the DCS world. It would also pull in a whole new customer base. Unsure how accurately your flight model could model the Harrier. There never has been an accurate flight sim of this aircraft for the PC market.

I'd also like a Harrier, definetly on the top of my list.. :)

I'll also second the Harrier (any version). Should be easy to model since the low-speed FCS simply uses bleed air distributed through flight control nozzles. It'll never happen but how 'bout the Su25UBP. It's the navalized version and flies off the Kuznetsov. Or the Georgian modernized Su25KM.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.