Most wanted DCS airplane...

Dr. Mitsos

Most wanted DCS airplane...  

1346 members have voted

1. 1. Most wanted DCS airplane...

Xwing ALL the way!

oh damn this is DCS not Lorrance Holland :doh:

jk.

I wonder why nobody has really done an F14 sim? F18 sims I feel are on the verge, I've seen a few development journals regarding "highly detailed/realistic flight sim". Seven G is one (albit it's in development it's making some progress). Not sure what Fighter Ops is up to, I guess they're going F16/F15 route after they release the trainers? Anybody know?

I would love a multi role fighter like F16...that way you can have fighter CAP with mixed F16 A-10's (with apache's hopefully too). Although one could argue the F16's been done to the 9's with the falcon series.

The more I think about it the more I'll take anything I can get my hands on at this point. Let the DCS chips fall where they may if you will :)

:joystick:

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any MIG modell!!! MIG 4EV312:thumbup:

(and of course i miss the KA 52!!!:megalol:)

Win7-64bit, Asus Rampage Formula, Intel Q9650, Asus GTX275, 4GB of 1066 Kingstone, Saitek X52Pro, and a TIR5!:pilotfly:

I would like to see something with carrier ops, just cause. Since the US has the most complex navy, I guess I'd go with a Hornet of some type.

And also, can we get a change of scenery? South China Sea, anyone?

Xwing ALL the way!

oh damn this is DCS not Lorrance Holland :doh:

jk.

I wonder why nobody has really done an F14 sim? F18 sims I feel are on the verge, I've seen a few development journals regarding "highly detailed/realistic flight sim". Seven G is one (albit it's in development it's making some progress). Not sure what Fighter Ops is up to, I guess they're going F16/F15 route after they release the trainers? Anybody know?

I would love a multi role fighter like F16...that way you can have fighter CAP with mixed F16 A-10's (with apache's hopefully too). Although one could argue the F16's been done to the 9's with the falcon series.

The more I think about it the more I'll take anything I can get my hands on at this point. Let the DCS chips fall where they may if you will :)

:joystick:

FO is getting the T6 and T38C first then the F-16C/D, F-15C/D/E and A-10. As for Naval Ops that most likely follow at some stage first things first though they have to finish the first release T6 and T38C. F-16 suits DCS too its ideal for that type of map.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

FO is getting the T6 and T38C first then the F-16C/D, F-15C/D/E and A-10. As for Naval Ops that most likely follow at some stage first things first though they have to finish the first release T6 and T38C. F-16 suits DCS too its ideal for that type of map.:thumbup:

I'm curious as to how DCS will balance NATO hardware and Russian hardware. I guess it depends what planes have the available information to allow DCS to make a product that fits their business plan...KA-50, A-10, X, Y, Z, AA, BB etc.

It will be interesting to see the evolution of the modules as well, what developments they make in AI, terrain etc etc as new resources become available.

It is my understanding that balance doesn't factor into it.

I'm curious as to how DCS will balance NATO hardware and Russian hardware.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I think he meant hardware in terms of "aircraft", assuming that DCS will keep the LockOn philosophy and produce modules made to ensure player vs player battles in comparable planes.

I fear that's no longer what we are looking at for the next 2-3 years, though. :(

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Yeah, and that is what I meant also. There's no concept of balance AFAIK.

Ie. your mig-29a radar will not be unporked so that you can fairly fight that F-16 ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It is my understanding that balance doesn't factor into it.

I agree that balance shouldn't come into play if we're talking about aircraft performance. That's not realistic at all and it's all about the realism.

Maybe a points system might come into play for multiplayer, ie, each plane is worth a certain amount of points with the eastern planes worth alot less. That would be semi-realistic, as the costs to produce a western fighter are probably higher.

Maybe a points system might come into play for multiplayer, ie, each plane is worth a certain amount of points with the eastern planes worth alot less. That would be semi-realistic, as the costs to produce a western fighter are probably higher.

To be honest, all you really need is mission creators that playtest their missions to ensure that the scenario is somewhat fair to the players.

Then again, very few battles have ever been "fair" in the real world. :P If you are the agressing force you make sure you have the superiority you need to feel confident, and I can imagine a lot of fun to be had from an outnumbered force of relatively lowtech Mig-29a's trying to defend against an onslaught of new-generation F16's, even if the F16's are player controlled.

I'd be more worried about the force with the most assets ending up bored. I mean, if you were to accurately simulate the air war over normandy and france you would on the allied side have some seriously bored people, since the air dominance was achieved to a level where many fighter pilots never even saw a german fighter during their deployment. :P Whereas an interview* I saw with a german 200+ ace basically said that all they had to do to make contact with enemy fighters was take off. So even if such a scenario isn't at all balanced, I'd chose to fight for the underdog there just to ensure I get some action. :P

*That was an awesome interview, from an old Janes game I think it was. He got the question of whether the germans counted kills differently since there were many german aces with astronomical numbers whereas the "best" american aces had something like 25 kills. He just said that no, no significant difference, it's just that there were so many americans and so few germans in the air that the allied pilots fly CAP after CAP and never find anything, whereas he flew several sorties per day and never spent more than a couple of minutes in the air before he had a dogfight on his hands.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Gripen: For its' road base characteristics. Starts and landings will be a thrill.

Harrier: Good old beautiful hover plane.

Sukhoi SU-27 Family/MiG 29: Would like to have them in DCS' level of realism, 6DoF and clickable 3d-cockpit. What an experience it must be.

MiG 21: Why not? Afaik it has never been simulated.

Thats enough for first.:pilotfly:

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

A-10+Apache+Blackhawk AND the possibility to create Search&Rescue- or Special-forces-missions!

It would be great to do a Coop-mission in MP with these 3 Acft in one mission!

One possible scenerio for example:

A Multiplayer (or other pilot) had to eject after hit down from enemy forces. Now the other MP clean the hostile place, the Blackhawk comes in (while the Apache secure the area) and land or hover over the Pilot who has to get in via a cable hanging down from the Blackhawk. Once all are back at the base, the crashed pilot can take a new Aircraft.

Another good modern european combination:

NH-90+Tiger+Eurofighter

Also dreaming of special-forces-missions like in Blackhawk-down.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My opinion changes as the wind blows a different direction but right about now I would like to see

A-10

AH-64A

MI-28N

MIG-29

F-16

SU-27 or 33 with Carrier Ops

F-18 with carrier Ops

SU-25t

F-15

In that order. Now it may change as I get different modules. But that balances the Red and Blue and gives some CAS and Air to Air fighting. Just my not so humble opinion.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

F-15C. Not a pound for air to ground.

(I'll be happy with an F-15E too though, so long as I can strip off the CFTs and fly it in the A2A role ;) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would like to see the E so we get the best of both worlds. CAS and Air Superiority.

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

The F-15E isn't about CAS. It's about penetration and precision strike. If you want CAS, I shall dutifully point you to the upcoming A-10C simulator :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hehehehe, Oh I am all over the A-10 believe me. I should have said that it gives both AA and AG capabilities so the best of both worlds instead of mentioning just CAS.

Dusty Rhodes

My opinion changes as the wind blows a different direction but right about now I would like to see

A-10

AH-64A

MI-28N

MIG-29

F-16

SU-27 or 33 with Carrier Ops

F-18 with carrier Ops

SU-25t

F-15

Hey, read the thread title! "Most wanted DCS airplane..." You have choppers listed there. Sorry, but I am now going to be anti-helo until a new plane is out :D

Also, to all others, you never know, maybe ED is monitoring this thread. Why waste your vote with something you know will never be simulated such as the Harrier. They're going to go with what they have info on, and from the list ED once posted, it will probably be a MiG, Su, F-15, or F-16.

Cheers

My opinion changes as the wind blows a different direction

It's about the same for me :) I have a set of perhaps half a dozen of favorites but the top one is different each month...

For a sim that concentrates on air-air, it's the F-14A for me. That thing is an icon and stands for an exciting time in air combat. The AIM-120 marked the death of fun in air combat for me, so it definitely needs to be pre-AMRAAM. A bit of radar intercepts and BVR work, combined with lots of failing missiles and close dogfighting.

Otherwise I am eager for something that is fast, flies low and drops bombs on heavily defended targets. Make that a Tornado, Jaguar, Mirage F1 or Harrier. Screaming across the landscape at Mach .95 (well perhaps a bit less in the Harrier) is fun :) Dropping laser and GPS guided munition from 20k feet mostly killed that for me.

Though I have to say, the way the wind is currently blowing, I would also be in for a nice Vietnam sim. F-8 Crusaders and the mighty Phantom in DCS fidelity *drool* ;)