The Mirage F1 Info Thread

Schmidtfire

Im very excited about the upcoming Mirage F1. This thread is meant to provide more knowledge on the F1 and what to expect when the Mirage F1-CE module (and other variants) arrive.

I start with a couple of questions on the F1-CE:

Does it have a HUD or is it just a gunsight?

CCIP / CCRP capability for Air-Ground?

Air-Air weaponry limited to AIM-9 or will we have access to R. 530?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Schmidtfire said:

This thread is meant to provide more knowledge on the F1 and what to expect when the Mirage F1-CE module (and other variants) arrive.

I have a PDF copy of the Flight Manual of the F1CZ, the South African version of the F1C .. should be pretty similar to the spanish C.

If any one wants a copy of this 364 page book, just send me a private message. I'm sure that a 45 year old manual shouldnt be classified anymore, but just in case I prefer not to place a public link.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 4/19/2021 at 8:13 AM, Schmidtfire said:

Im very excited about the upcoming Mirage F1. This thread is meant to provide more knowledge on the F1 and what to expect when the Mirage F1-CE module (and other variants) arrive.

I start with a couple of questions on the F1-CE:

Does it have a HUD or is it just a gunsight?

CCIP / CCRP capability for Air-Ground?

Air-Air weaponry limited to AIM-9 or will we have access to R. 530?

I researched the plane quite a bit. 
CE has only gunsight, EE and M get HUD
CCIP and CCRP i believe came with the Mirage F1EE and its radar upgrade
CE has capability to use the R.530.
I know much more if you have any other questions

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Get_Lo said:

I researched the plane quite a bit. 
CE has only gunsight, EE and M get HUD
CCIP and CCRP i believe came with the Mirage F1EE and its radar upgrade
CE has capability to use the R.530.
I know much more if you have any other questions

Just the single R530 slung on the underside center pylon right?

I'm hoping but don't know for sure if the Spanish had the option on theirs.

1 hour ago, CrazyGman said:

Just the single R530 slung on the underside center pylon right?

I'm hoping but don't know for sure if the Spanish had the option on theirs.

a full combat load that you might see on the Cold War server would consist of 2 R530s on inner wing pylons and 4 AIM9Ps on outer wing and wingtip. as well as a big 1200/2000l fuel tank on the middle. But R530s arent very scary missiles IRL so I wouldnt stress too much about it, I know how much you like playing on REDFOR 😛bbd91d26af50d3a20c649b8c236679d8.png 

Edited by Get_Lo
  • Like 2

Well

1: I play red force because often there are more blues (not so much these days) and 2: because I like the MiG 21, but I also like the F1, and it's.....sorta a red plane too....

Anyway that a pic of the F1-EE. With dual R530. The F1-CE should i believe have a single R530 under the main fuselage, and I believe the EE should also get the Super 530 F as well as the R530You can tell it's the EE because of the refueling probe. I think that we should get both the CE and the EE in the cold war server. Though it's good to know we are getting the EE with at least a semi active R530.

Still don't see the flare and chaff dispenser pods though close to the wing root, but maybe the spanish used a different system for counter measures.

Awesome pic though. Where did you find it?

Edited by CrazyGman

Just now, CrazyGman said:

Well

1: I play red force because often there are more blues (not so much these days) and 2: because I like the MiG 21, but I also like the F1, and it's.....sorta a red plane too....

Anyway that a pic of the F1-EE. With dual R530. The F1-CE should i believe have a single R530 under the wing, and I believe the EE should also get the Super 530 F as well as the R530You can tell it's the EE because of the refueling probe. I think that we should get both the CE and the EE. Though it's good to know we are getting the EE with at least a semi active R530.

Still don't see the flare and chaff dispenser pods though close to the wing root, but maybe the spanish used a different system for counter measures.

Awesome pic though. Where did you find it?

I have a collection of all the pictures that Aerges has released collected from various websites. as for Flare and Chaff the Spanish had that built into the plane, no pods needed. ill see if I can find you a Mirage F1CE with the duel R530s

• Like 1

Just now, Get_Lo said:

I have a collection of all the pictures that Aerges has released collected from various websites. as for Flare and Chaff the Spanish had that built into the plane, no pods needed. ill see if I can find you a Mirage F1CE with the duel R530s

Thats what I heard. I wonder where they put them. Good to hear though lack of Inbuilt chaff and flare on the Viggen is one of it's down sides for air to air combat.

2 minutes ago, Get_Lo said:

Sorry I said under the wing. I meant under the fuselage on the F1-CE

1 minute ago, CrazyGman said:

Thats what I heard. I wonder where they put them. Good to hear though lack of Inbuilt chaff and flare on the Viggen is one of it's down sides for air to air combat.

I cant find a picture of the CE or BE with dual R530s but I suspect it could still carry 2 of them. Even the much older Cyrano II radar was capable of guiding them so I dont see why the Cyrano IV couldnt as a default feature. AFAIK the French F1 C-200s could carry 2 R530s with the same radar and only the Super 530 would require modifications

3 minutes ago, CrazyGman said:

Sorry I said under the wing. I meant under the fuselage on the F1-CE

This is a French F1C (not even the 200 upgrade) File:Two French air force Dassault Mirage F1C aircraft.jpg - Wikimedia  Commons

• Like 1

From what I know Aerges are strictly doing the Spanish F1. And they are 100% for realism and simulation. So even if CE could technically support the R530, I doubt that they
will implement it unless the Spanish Air Force used it. But I guess Aerges will clarify features in upcoming updates.

Just now, Schmidtfire said:

From what I know Aerges are strictly doing the Spanish F1. And they are 100% for realism and simulation. So even if CE could technically support the R530, I doubt that they
will implement it unless the Spanish Air Force used it. But I guess Aerges will clarify features in upcoming updates.

They did use it and they are implementing it, the screenshot I posted is from Aerges. and actually this is too cb7ec6a68cb788ca6fcbab13a4f69085.png
https://gyazo.com/cb7ec6a68cb788ca6fcbab13a4f69085

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Schmidtfire said:

Im expecting this missile to be kind of worthless, unless intercepting a bomber. But it looks cool. Same with some of the weapons on MiG-21bis, not
great but fun and a challenge to use. 

I mean the R3R is actually not bad, and I have gotten a number of kills with it. 

I guess the Radar on the F1 will determime a lot of it's performance. As I recall the

F1-CE has very limited look down, and the F1-EE is better but not as good as a pulse dopplar radar. I expect the R530 will work as a long range R3R with about as good G tolarance, and possible depending on the F1 varient able to potentially hit tatgets below it

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Schmidtfire said:

And they are 100% for realism and simulation

Eh, considering the C-101 can carry the Sea Eagle, I'm sure they'll be open to slightly "what if" loadouts. 530s on some F1 variant is going to be considerably more likely than the Sea Eagle tbh.

5 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

Eh, considering the C-101 can carry the Sea Eagle, I'm sure they'll be open to slightly "what if" loadouts. 530s on some F1 variant is going to be considerably more likely than the Sea Eagle tbh.

Well, you can carry Sea Eagle but not launch without specific waypoints in Mission Editor. So in most situations they work just like captive carry test missiles 😜   

3 minutes ago, IvanK said:

Even the Humble Mirage III could do 750Kts IAS on the deck 🙂

I believe sheer speed was sacrificed in the development of the F1 to increase other flight dynamics. over the Mirage III the F1 could stall later, turn sharper, and takeoff sooner. Sounds like a good trade to me 🙂

• Like 6

Just now, Schmidtfire said:

Quite impressive considering Viggen could do 783Kts on the deck (if memory serves me right) However, It was also built with high speed/treetop levels in mind. 

as far as DCS goes i think ive taken the Viggen to over 800, I think

Yes, it's should be possible. 1450km/h+ is stated for low level (783Kts). But I guess it depends on outside temperature, amount of fuel, loadouts etc...
Still a bit surprised that Mirage F1 is that fast. Don't know much about it's performance but reading a little bit, it seems like a faster jet than I thought.
Will be interesting to compare it to the MiG-21bis. 

4 minutes ago, Schmidtfire said:

Yes, it's should be possible. 1450km/h+ is stated for low level (783Kts). But I guess it depends on outside temperature, amount of fuel, loadouts etc...
Still a bit surprised that Mirage F1 is that fast. Don't know much about it's performance but reading a little bit, it seems like a faster jet than I thought.
Will be interesting to compare it to the MiG-21bis. 

I think it is faster than the MiG21 at higher altitude by a small amount. im interesting in the fuel economy of the jet. It's engine is very similar to the JF-17's engine (Thrust wise) and weighs a similar amount. It carries somewhere in the realm of 5100lb of internal fuel and the tanks it carries are quite large. hopefully the fuel doesnt burn up as fast as the MiG-21 goes through it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rkk01 said:

How does that compare to other modules?? 

I’ve heard various reports regarding the F-14, M2000C and Viggen as fastest jets in DCS

(clean, low level)

F-16 I think is fastest, Viggen close as well but the Mirage F1 will not be that fast compared to those at low altitude, it will be faster than the F5 for sure but even the MiG-21 (if you dare) can go over 750knts