VKB Throttle?

Mistermann

Greetings.  I just ordered the VKB MkIV Rudder Pedals and can't wait for them to arrive (USA). 

For years (far too many to count), I've gotten by without pedals using either a twist stick or rudder pedal analogs on the throttle  (like the T16000m).  With several helicopters around the corner, and my desire to fly "the right way" with rudder inputs, I took the plunge and purchased the MkIV.

image.png

Over the years I've dreamed of owning a "quality" HOTAS, made mostly of metal, that would hold up to what essentially is a lifetime of flight simming.  After seeing the quality of the VKB MkIV (online reviews), I immediately started looking/dreaming of the other VKB products that might round out my quest for HOTAS excellence.  

That being said, I don't see any options for a throttle from VKB.  This seems odd to me.  https://vkbcontrollers.com/  Do they make a throttle?

Hopefully someone can direct me here.

Thanks!

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Thanks to both!  My T16000M HOTAS works just fine for now.  😎

Good to know something's cooking over at VKB.  Lots of info to sift through.  👍

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

2 hours ago, Mistermann said:

Greetings.  I just ordered the VKB MkIV Rudder Pedals and can't wait for them to arrive (USA). 

For years (far too many to count), I've gotten by without pedals using either a twist stick or rudder pedal analogs on the throttle  (like the T16000m).  With several helicopters around the corner, and my desire to fly "the right way" with rudder inputs, I took the plunge and purchased the MkIV.

image.png

Over the years I've dreamed of owning a "quality" HOTAS, made mostly of metal, that would hold up to what essentially is a lifetime of flight simming.  After seeing the quality of the VKB MkIV (online reviews), I immediately started looking/dreaming of the other VKB products that might round out my quest for HOTAS excellence.  

That being said, I don't see any options for a throttle from VKB.  This seems odd to me.  https://vkbcontrollers.com/  Do they make a throttle?

Hopefully someone can direct me here.

Thanks!

They have been talking about their upcoming TECS throttle for oh, quite some time now.

I would be very surprised to see anything this year.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I like that approach with the removable grips, @Sokol1_br.  Thanks for sharing.  

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Sure worried about that cable life , tho...take a good look where the cable pluga into the grip , and imagine what happens when you cycle the throttle back and forth...

It is most evident with the hornet grips (afaik the only one available now) viewed from the front .

Edited by Svsmokey
  • Like 1

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

14 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

That collective sure will feel strange when pivoting. At least it seems like that in the videos.
But I do like the idea of changeable throttle grips.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

You can probably can get used to it. First cars didn't have steering wheel, instead there was a lever to change direction. It's all just an agreed convention.

You can probably can get used to it. First cars didn't have steering wheel, instead there was a lever to change direction. It's all just an agreed convention.
Probably true, and it will be better than nothing I suppose. I have been using inverted throttle axis as a collective for about 26+ years. Will probably feel somewhat like that. But when I received K-51's excellent collective in February, it just felt truly natural. No way of going back now!
Cheers!

28 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Probably true, and it will be better than nothing I suppose. I have been using inverted throttle axis as a collective for about 26+ years. Will probably feel somewhat like that. But when I received K-51's excellent collective in February, it just felt truly natural. No way of going back now! emoji6.png
Cheers!

I totally agree. I have that collective, VKB MCGU and MFG pedals. Now all I need is a helicopter that goes with all of that.

• 3 months later...