Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 24 February 2024

Minsky

5 hours ago, Kervinou said:

Hi, do you think it'll be possible in the future to add decimal value for magnetic deviation/variation into your charts ?!

That will be excessive for the purpose of these kneeboards. Besides, such precise magvar would only be valid over a tiny area of the map.

• Like 2

Dima | My DCS uploads

OK, i understand !
Indeed, maybe it would be more adapted on a specific board to a field

Thanks again 😉 i often recommand your job !

• Thanks 1

System specs: Win10 x64 | i7-9700KF / i9-12900KF | 48/64 GB | GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / RTX 3090TI 24GB | *NvME PRO 2To | HOTAS Warthog/Virpil | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Button Box

• Minsky changed the title to Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 20 November 2022

20 November 2022
- All kneeboards revised for DCS 2.8.0.33006 Open Beta.
- South Atlantic: layout updated, six new airfields added, nearly all ATC frequencies changed.
- South Atlantic: Lite version added.
- Mariana Islands: previously "closed" airfields are now open.

forum_sa_201122-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Dima | My DCS uploads

31 minutes ago, Minsky said:

20 November 2022
- All kneeboards revised for DCS 2.8.0.33006 Open Beta.

Thanks a lot, for keeping these updated … it’s much appreciated  🙏

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Minskythanks a lot for all your work on this.  If only the Syria map kneeboard worked, all would be good!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

4 hours ago, imacken said:

@Minskythanks a lot for all your work on this.  If only the Syria map kneeboard worked, all would be good!

Yup. I only got it working by adding to the mission.miz a Kneeboard folder with this charts/aerodrome freqs.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

45 minutes ago, fagulha said:

Yup. I only got it working by adding to the mission.miz a Kneeboard folder with this charts/aerodrome freqs.

The mission.miz?  Do you mean a specific mission?  Putting it in a module kneeboard is better, as at least then you get it in all missions for that aircraft. But still, it's far from ideal as it pops up in every terrain.  The sooner UGRA fix this, the better for all of us.

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

4 minutes ago, imacken said:

The mission.miz?  Do you mean a specific mission?  Putting it in a module kneeboard is better, as at least then you get it in all missions for that aircraft. But still, it's far from ideal as it pops up in every terrain.  The sooner UGRA fix this, the better for all of us.

Yes i mean a specific mission, and i also have a kneeboard for each module (to have the kneeboard in each map) but i rather add the files for mission specific because i add also other files (checklists, charts, etc) that are mission/scenario specific. But yes, i agree with you.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

@Minsky I just want to day thanks for the work you've put into these charts. They're absolutely fantastic. 

I do have 2 questions.

First, what software do you use to produce these charts? I'm interested in putting some things together for my own use, (though I doubt I'll achieve your standards), and I'm curious what you use.

Second, have you thought about creating a "Smart Pack" for the NTTR too? I know there's a lot of information to sift through so, I understand if it's more work than you're prepared to take on.

• Like 1

• Minsky changed the title to Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 28 January 2023

The South Atlantic kneeboards updated for the latest DCS 2.8.2.35759 Open Beta:

- Goose Green (previously unmarked dirt strip on Falklands) got upgraded to a proper airfield.
- Franco Bianco dirt aerodrome added to Chile.
- Hipico dirt strip added to the northmost point of the map. (I couldn't find any proof that such airfield ever existed, and it certainly doesn't exist now: this location is occupied by a hippodrome. But hey, the more airfields the merrier, right?)
- ATC frequencies revised.

Other maps had no changes.

> Download <

forum-post_280123-1.jpg

• Thanks 3

Dima | My DCS uploads

• 3 weeks later...

HI minsky.

Congratulation for this amazing work . 

As i asked in my comment on the userfiles page

i'm interested in getting structured data about DCS airport (mainly runways , length etc...  )
.Is this something you have maintained to be able to format keenboards ? if so , would you share it ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cerppo said:

HI minsky.

Congratulation for this amazing work . 

As i asked in my comment on the userfiles page

i'm interested in getting structured data about DCS airport (mainly runways , length etc...  )
.Is this something you have maintained to be able to format keenboards ? if so , would you share it ? 

Hi, and thank you!

Nope, sorry, I don't have anything organized into a spreadsheet or something like that. Only a messy text file where I keep notes and numbers in a random format🤪 Also, I don't distinguish primary and secondary runways; and the only note regarding their length I keep is if they're short or not.

• Like 2

Dima | My DCS uploads

On 2/19/2023 at 1:02 AM, Minsky said:

Hi, and thank you!

Nope, sorry, I don't have anything organized into a spreadsheet or something like that. Only a messy text file where I keep notes and numbers in a random format🤪 Also, I don't distinguish primary and secondary runways; and the only note regarding their length I keep is if they're short or not.

This could be the start of a project 😄 
Actually I'm working on a performance calculator for The A10 and , once the "mandatory stuff" is done, i may add some "airport" database management to help enter Runway length , heading , etc. 
Something like: enter icao code , Paste Metar, choose RW , intersection, etc.. .
Right now it's just an input field to enter TORA ( which is fine too 😉 ) 

• Minsky changed the title to Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 10 March 2023
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

The Normandy 2.0 release kinda came at a bad time, as I'm currently in the process of overhauling this package.

Don't want to release the update half-baked, so I'll just drop the new Normandy pages here for anyone who needs them now:

PRERELEASE_Normandy2_01.png  PRERELEASE_Normandy2_02.png

PRERELEASE_Normandy2_03.png  PRERELEASE_Normandy2_04.png

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Dima | My DCS uploads

Thanks for that. Am I right in saying that is just a jpg of all 4 pages in one image?

OK, thanks for that. Great work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, twistking said:

looks great!

quick question though: is there a way to have pages only show for certain terrain/maps, similar to how you can do it with aircraft modules?

thx

You can add the relevant pages to [DCS rootdir]/Mods/terrains/[mapname]/Kneeboard

This works great for all maps I have except Syria.  I think there's a long-standing bug that affects Syria-specific custom kneeboard pages.

Edited by Smashy
oops, correction to kneeboard path; thanks @imacken
  • Thanks 1

Well, it’s ……/terrains/name/kneeboard. 
And, yes, the Syria situation is beyond a joke.  It is Ugra though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys,

I'm done reworking the kneeboards, and this seems to be the biggest update since the initial release.

It will bring a handful of oft-requested features:

- Inverted night mode.
- Runway lengths.
- True headings.
- Airbase IDs.
- Magvars.

Going to be available later today (or so I hope).

19-05-23-1-1.jpg

19-05-23-2.jpg

19-05-23-3.jpg

19-05-23-4.jpg

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Dima | My DCS uploads

• Minsky changed the title to Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 19 May 2023

>> Uploaded, enjoy! <<

CHANGELOG:

• New file names: delete the old kneeboards to avoid having duplicates.
  • All pages overhauled with a more consistent and easy-to-read design.
  • Normandy 2.0 added.
  • Inverted night mode added.
  • Runway lengths added.
  • Magvar data added to every page (more accurate and useful than the previous "true to mag" numbers).
  • All magnetic headings re-measured for 2023 (modern maps) and 1944 (WWII maps).
  • Added a group of pages with the true runway headings and internal airbase IDs (thanks to cfrag, Grimes, and Kanelbolle).
  • Marked the primary runways at aerodromes that have more than one.
  • Added remarks and graphics to denote dangerous approaches, obstacles, and runway conditions.
  • Persian Gulf: Quasoura aerodrome added.
  • Normandy 1944 removed from the PDFs and will soon be removed from the download.
  • Russian-language Caucasus kneeboards removed.
  • Thanks 5

Dima | My DCS uploads