F16 cannot do a Cold and Dark startup with Oculus Controller.

BenPR1

I am in VR, I can't see the keyboard. 

I want to start like a simulate pilot.

15 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

Are you talking about Throttle to Idle part?  If so, that's not accomplished by moving throttle.  There's key for it.

Is that how a real world pilot start, a "key" (like a physical car key) in the cockpit?

Edited by BenPR1

1 minute ago, BenPR1 said:

If you are choosing not to use the keyboard for immersion, that's up to you. But I also fly in VR, and I have no trouble using the right half of the keyboard by feel: arrow keys, the insert-home-pageup-delete-end-pagedown 6-pack, and the number pad. You could map throttle idle to a key combo that's easy to find by touch. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

13 minutes ago, BenPR1 said:

Is that how a real world pilot start, a key in the cockpit?

Is ESC key how a real world pilot exit the plane?

You can buy the actual throttle that have idle detent.  Virtual controller is hardware limitation on your end.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Is ESC key how a real world pilot exit the plane?

You can buy the actual throttle that have idle detent.  Virtual controller is hardware limitation on your end.

F14, I can do throttle idle left and right with oculus Virtual Controller, But I can't control the throttle in game...reverse of F16.

Heatblur and ED, They can do a simple fix.

1 minute ago, BenPR1 said:

F14, I can do throttle idle left and right with oculus Virtual Controller, But I can't control the throttle in game...reverse of F16.

Heatblur and ED, They can do a simple fix.

The reason is, without hardware and only virtual, the motion cannot detect if you're putting the throttle at idle or 11%.  Or back to off while you're flying.  Reason why HB and ED only lets you do one or the other.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

The reason is, without hardware and only virtual, the motion cannot detect if you're putting the throttle at idle or 11%.  Or back to off while you're flying.  Reason why HB and ED only lets you do one or the other.

Then I will take F16, F18 version. At least I can control Throttle in game, but not able in F14.

Edited by BenPR1

IRL there is a cutoff point, you need to phisically pull a release lever on the throttle and tilt it up to move it out to IDLE.

You also need to do the same to shut down.

For AB you lift the throttle up without depressing the lever to clear the stop there.

So yes, the pilot presses a key 🙂

you can program the cutoff of the WH to be the cutoff and then you just pull it out of the detent to start.

11 hours ago, uri_ba said:

IRL there is a cutoff point, you need to phisically pull a release lever on the throttle and tilt it up to move it out to IDLE.

Not true. The real throttle trigger is only for preventing accidental throttle cutoff. It has no feature when moving throttle from cutoff to idle. You just lift and push the throttle over the detent to idle. 

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP